Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Nedlands will establish a training base in Northern Suburbs

Champion
    vCash
    What's everyone's thought's on the 17's.Should they be part of your senior club or remain in the junior's.I personally think they should become part of the senior's playing at the same ground as the senior club each week

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 12-01-14 at 14:32. Reason: q
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    What's everyone's thought's on the 17's.Should they be part of your senior club or remain in the junior's.I personally think they should become part of the senior's playing at the same ground as the senior club each week
    Figure that the 17s are juniors.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    You forget that Wannero rugby club has moved at least 3 times in the last 30 - 35 years without ever attaining RugbyWA approval or any regard for what other clubs thought at the time.
    Still waiting for an answer

Champion
    vCash
    To answer Pieter Blackie's question on Western Suburbs clubs forming a barbarians team.

It has been done succesfully in some age groups - Under 12 a few seasons ago.

Mostly it has fallen in a heap for the biggest reason is that finding coaches and managers with Police clearance, working with children certificates and then working out logistics of subs, colours of socks, playing jerseys, just became too hard.

In many cases such as under 15's a few years back, Neddies actually had no numbers to field a team so the boys went to Cott, Wests and I think Soaks ( not too sure) As a result some of those boys are playing first grade for Cott.

I can say one outstanding policy from Neddies Junior club executive in the past few years is to try their best to put a team in Neddies colours on the paddock, alternatively try to field a Barbarians team and finally, direct the boys to another club with the forlorn hope they will one day return,,, but DO WHATEVER IS NEEDED TO KEEP BOYS PLAYING RUGBY!!!!.

To further discuss travels of players from the new northern base to foreshore etc.

It will only cater for Juniors and if I am not mistaken all juniors games are played at Brittania.

You only have to read the Saturday Australian article on the dire financial situation of the ARU and Rugby in Australia to realise, the best way to improve the coffers is to have your team winning. The best way to get your team to win is to grow the numbers.

Every single person I have met in Club Rugby in admin, coaching and playing in Rugby WA are committed, diligent and fiercly supportive of their club and turf. And that is how it should be... BUT.... times are a changing, demographics move and unless a commitment is to the game first, Force second, club( School) third, team fourth, individual fifth - we will remain pitiful minor players.

Neddies may fail in it's endevours to establish a base in the Northern Suburbs. With so many against the idea, the need for coaches and other infrastructure in place, the need for funds - they have an uphill battle -- BUT THEY ARE HAVING A GO.

And if they fail - so be it - but you all know retaining a status quo ultimately leads to failure.

The pursuit of growth and change may open up small opportunities but if you don't try and try again, you will fail and if Neddies fails, something will be learnt and perhaps another model is needed or even another club will create success.

Just because some of you don't like it - doesn't mean it's wrong.

Rookie
    vCash
    It is turning into a Circus with the WAJRU as the the Circus Master

Dear Presidents of Junior Rugby Clubs,

The role of the RugbyWA Junior's Executive, as defined by our
    Constitution and Strategic Plan, is in part to grow the game of Rugby Union
    within Western Australia. As such, the Executive supports any initiatives by
    clubs that promotes the game and provides opportunities for children to have
    a positive experience with Rugby Union.

The issue of Clubs establishing training grounds at new venues was discussed
    at the RugbyWA Junior's Executive committee meeting on Monday evening.

This Executive supports any initiative that contributes to the growth of our
    game. Furthermore, Junior players are free to choose which club they join and
    play for regardless of where they reside and are free to change clubs within
    the guidelines set out in our competition rules.

The move by the Nedlands and Perth Bayswater Clubs to provide additional
    training facilities at Hillary's and Ellenbrook respectively, is seen as a
    positive approach to grow the game in Perth.

The Executive will monitor these moves and any other proposals over the
    coming season to see how the initiative develops and the potential impacts
    on the junior competition.

Kind Regards
    Martin Becker
    President
    RugbyWA Juniors Executive

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Seems the appropriate response to me, obviously not outcome you were after Phantom?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    From Perth Bayswaters Facebook

"Perth Bayswater
    EXCITING JUNIOR NEWS - ELLENBROOK EXTENSION
    The pathway for our Juniors is of upmost importance for the growth and future of our club, to this end we now can announce that Perth-Bayswater Rugby Union Club in 2014 will be commencing Junior rugby training in Ellenbrook. This is fantastic for the community of Ellenbrook to now be a part of one of the longest running clubs in Western Australia. As part of our approach to grow the sport of Rugby Union in Western Australia this move also provides opportunities to extend our club membership base.
    We look forward to working with our current members located in Ellenbrook to get this up and running as soon as possible following registration on the 8th of February and also welcoming new members into our family.
    Teams, training, locations and timings are all to follow in the coming weeks and will be available via our club website and facebook feeds.
    Additional enquiries outside the above to the secretary@perthrugby.com.au"

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Champion
    vCash
    The sentence that say's[provides opportunities for children to have a positive experience with Rugby Union]is what it's all about.Get a rugby club on every street corner I say.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Swan Suburbs will be up in arms about the Baysie take-over of "their turf"

The shock

The horror

How could they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

The shock

The horror

How could they?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Apprentice
    vCash
    A few years back North Coast Rugby set up a new club in Butler with a lot of help from Mitch Hardy. It started off okay for numbers but has struggled in the last few seasons and has not grown as anticipated.

Joondalup is just a few Kms up the road so I guess parents just naturally prefer to take their kids to an established club.

Wests have made the smartest move and whilst probably not an easy decision at the time I would hazard a guess to say it will pay dividends in the near future.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

The shock

The horror

How could they?
    When really the question should be directed at Swan Suburbs as:

Why didn't they do it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    A few years back North Coast Rugby set up a new club in Butler with a lot of help from Mitch Hardy. It started off okay for numbers but has struggled in the last few seasons and has not grown as anticipated.

No it was set up with the help of Wanneroo because they had too many kids to cope with. But, when Joondalup heard about it they demanded Wanneroo pull out. Mitch Hardy agreed so the club had to stand alone

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post

No it was set up with the help of Wanneroo because they had too many kids to cope with.
    I'm confused

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    When really the question should be directed at Swan Suburbs as:

Why didn't they do it?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    There's only so much I can type while my tongue is in my cheek

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast