Thread: I'm not in Robbie Deans's plans; Giteau ends Wallabies career

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not in Robbie Deans's plans; Giteau ends Wallabies career

TOULON: Matt Giteau opted not to return to Australia and signed a new contract with French Top 14 leaders Toulon instead because he realised with Robbie Deans as national coach he had no chance of a recall to the Wallabies squad.
    The 31-year-old was sensationally left out of last year's World Cup squad by Deans - who had originally made him his first choice fly-half in 2008 before his dramatic fall from grace with the Kiwi coach - despite still being in top form and with 92 caps under his belt since making his debut in 2002.
    Giteau - who played in the 2003 World Cup final loss to England - signed for Toulon and enjoyed a terrific first season there, in which they reached the title final only to lose to Toulouse, and was only too willing to re-sign a new two year contract last month.
    "Yes, I have brought a curtain down on my chances of ever playing for my country again," he said.
    Advertisement
    "But with the coach who is in charge of them at the moment, I don't have much of a chance of being called up in any case.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...#ixzz2BZx4RvJ8

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I have brought a curtain down on my chances of ever playing for my country again
    you said it Gits!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    I thought he'd already retired from international rugby??

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    he hoped for a call up recently

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    He hoped they would bend the rules for him given that QC isn't touring. Burgess' name was thrown about as well.

Petulant shit as usual. The article was another chance to continue his tantrum over losing his spot instead of working to get it back
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    apparently the feelgood story run in the SMH that gits and dingo had kissed and made up, was a huge steaming pile of merde

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    He was and is a great player with a lot of skill that got played out of position @ 10 and 9 for the wallabies when he is and was a very very good 12. The fact that he was left out of the RWC squad I believe was a huge mistake from a skill set and experience point of view, the guy has 92 test caps!!!! Attitude and temperament and a butting of heads with coaches seems to be the cause of his exclusion and you have to wonder if this was to the detriment of our campaign.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    He was and is a great player with a lot of skill that got played out of position @ 10 and 9 for the wallabies when he is and was a very very good 12. The fact that he was left out of the RWC squad I believe was a huge mistake from a skill set and experience point of view, the guy has 92 test caps!!!!
    Yes!!!

Attitude and temperament and a butting of heads with coaches seems to be the cause of his exclusion and you have to wonder if this was to the detriment of our campaign.
    Yes - but I don't wonder it at all, IMHO it makes perfect sense and is bloody obvious

vCash
    He was and is a great player with a lot of skill that got played out of position @ 10 and 9 for the wallabies when he is and was a very very good 12. The fact that he was left out of the RWC squad I believe was a huge mistake from a skill set and experience point of view, the guy has 92 test caps!!!! Attitude and temperament and a butting of heads with coaches seems to be the cause of his exclusion and you have to wonder if this was to the detriment of our campaign.
    He was dreadful for two seasons. His 2011 season form at Brums was hopeless, crabbing sideways all the time. He was not playing like the Gits from memory. His game against Samoa was atrocious (along with everyone else).

Deans definitely bottled the RWC though, throwing away the attacking game plan that was starting to come good (Frogs, Honkers) and going defensive by selecting McCabe at 12. Cooper can't play defensive patterns and lost the plot (still has). Deans has gone even more into his shell since, even given up trying to score tries. Its a shambles.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    [QUOTE=sandgroperrugby;334845]
    "Yes, I have brought a curtain down on my chances of ever playing for my country again," he said.
    [/B] [QUOTE]
    What an arrogant turd, I'm glad he decided he was bringing the curtain down, after all it was his choice alone wasn't it?. Oh well the caravans move on.

vCash
    [quote=Ralto;334935][QUOTE=sandgroperrugby;334845]
    [/B]
    What an arrogant turd, I'm glad he decided he was bringing the curtain down, after all it was his choice alone wasn't it?. Oh well the caravans move on.
    Robbie seen the demise of one main stay in the Wallabies (Giteau) which a lot of people accepted but remember he nearly wiped out Sharpie as well and for some reason didn’t pick him for the Semi which I still cannot fathom. Simply stating with the current dirty laundry being aired (cooper) maybe it is the coach and in this instance maybe Giteau wasn’t completely to blame!