Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23

Thread: IPRC TEAM & COACH

Player
    vCash
    So there is no Japan Top League in 2019 due to the World Cup. Japan should be able to put together a very competitive side for WSR (2019 and 2020) even without those who are playing for the Sunwolves. Then steal the Sunwolves away from Super Rugby post 2020.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Let's face it, we are Scotland bunnies....and still are
    Yeah I remember Giteau missing an easy kick in front of the sticks against them and therefore the Wallabies lost the match. Giteau had a great big smile on his face, and was sniggering on camera, Deans was fuming and sent the guy packing and didnt want him near the World Cup squad.

They basically beat the Wallabies in the 2015 World Cup Quarter final too but Joubert had a very rare brain fart and ruled a penalty the wrong way.

Vern Cotter turned them around and they are now a bloody good team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    So there is no Japan Top League in 2019 due to the World Cup. Japan should be able to put together a very competitive side for WSR (2019 and 2020) even without those who are playing for the Sunwolves. Then steal the Sunwolves away from Super Rugby post 2020.
    It would be better to keep the Wild Knights if it were possible. They are a much richer club, one of the richest in the world, backed by a multinational corporation.

How does the Top league season align with super rugby right now? Maybe Twiggy can convince them to leave their league and join Twiggys billionaire club (comp)

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    It would be better to keep the Wild Knights if it were possible. They are a much richer club, one of the richest in the world, backed by a multinational corporation.

How does the Top league season align with super rugby right now? Maybe Twiggy can convince them to leave their league and join Twiggys billionaire club (comp)
    Top League starts in August and finishes in late January, so outside Super Rugby (think George Smith and Pocock playing both). I don't think the Top League Champions would be a strong enough team for WSR, more likely a selection of the best Top League players form a team to play in WSR (bearing in mind for the next two years there is still a Sunwolves).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Top League starts in August and finishes in late January, so outside Super Rugby (think George Smith and Pocock playing both). I don't think the Top League Champions would be a strong enough team for WSR, more likely a selection of the best Top League players form a team to play in WSR (bearing in mind for the next two years there is still a Sunwolves).
    Good point but I reckon they could be very competitive with alot more imports which would be allowed in WSR. Bearing in mind the Sunwolves AREN'T the best of the top league players but merely a franchise with hand picked japanese players and a ton of imports (Guys Like Haydn Parker, Sam Wykes etc)

I think Panasonic could make the Wild Knights comprtitive pretty much over night, and if they stayed in the Top League and also played in WSR they could have slightly different squads eg. Mainly japanese squad for the top league and a mix bag of imports and some of the very best japanese players like you see in european football with their club sides. They japanese players wouldnt play every Top League game either in they were in WSR just probably half of the matches or so as they would be nurtured through.

Anyways I reckon they would be a fantastic edition, from an exposure point of view and also as a way of drawing in sponsors and fans due to the popularity and power of the panasonic brand.

vCash
    I've often wondered whether the IPRC/WSR could be the "outer conference" for a competition including the Top League. Two self-contained leagues with an inter-conference "post-season" premier league series then the finals.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Anyone know what happened to Luke Burton? Would be great to bring some WA guys home.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I've often wondered whether the IPRC/WSR could be the "outer conference" for a competition including the Top League. Two self-contained leagues with an inter-conference "post-season" premier league series then the finals.
    That has merit but I don't think it could work unless you allowed the Top League teams to recruit international players for the post season comp. If they treated it like an IPL type setup strictly for the post season then it could work, obviously the WSR teams wouldn't need to recruit in this period.

Personally I would like to see WSR as a standalone competition for a few years which we will with the suspension of the top league for the next two years before we make any large changes. I think Andrew Forrests vision is right on the money and he already has me hooked with the exhibition games this year and it isn't even a tournament yet, its just a bloody good day out at the rugby.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Luke Burton? Would be great to bring some WA guys home.
    Playing in France for Biarritz I believe.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd love a local team of:
    1. Longbottom
    2. Scoble
    3. Hoskins
    4. RHP
    5. Riley Winter
    6. Tevin Ferris
    7. Kane Koteka
    8. Richard Hardwick

9. Louwrens
    10. Luke Burton
    11. Peni
    12. Godwin
    13. Rona
    14. Lacey
    15. DHP

They'd hold their own in the Australian conference.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'd love a local team of:
    1. Longbottom
    2. Scoble
    3. Hoskins
    4. RHP
    5. Riley Winter
    6. Tevin Ferris
    7. Kane Koteka
    8. Richard Hardwick

9. Louwrens
    10. Luke Burton
    11. Peni
    12. Godwin
    13. Rona
    14. Lacey
    15. DHP

They'd hold their own in the Australian conference.
    State of Origin

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    State of Origin
    That would be interesting... would they ever attempt such a thing though? We Couldnt count on the backwards RA giving the fans something new to cheer about!

vCash
    Is that what our full WA XV team looks like? It looks good. If we fielded that team in the Top-League, let's say, we'd more than hold our own.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Is that what our full WA XV team looks like? It looks good. If we fielded that team in the Top-League, let's say, we'd more than hold our own.
    Yeah more exciting to keep that sorta team for the derbies. Its much better having global superstars mixing it in with the young local talent. Thats how they learn and evolve their game plans and skill levels. Those matches which include global talent can be for WSR rugby and either the RA or ( Forrest) should set up a seperate state of origin series of 1 off matches home one year and away the next with a 2 home 2 away split per season. Have the Force, Rabble, Broke Brumbies, tards and the reds each having to commit home players who are selected under similar criteria to Leagues origin series. Could be another idea for Andrew Forrest to consider.

Player
    vCash
    I think Andrew Ready and Ritchie Arnold would make good additions to the squad.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23