Slipper and Alaalatoa won't play the Lions.

Too contentious?

How about, Slipper and Alaalatoa won't play in the next RWC?

I absolutely admire both men, on character, leadership and service, but unfortunately, I think their days are respectively numbered.
I think it likely says more about Australian Prop stocks that both men didn't retire following the France World Cup, rather than purely a measure of their own standing.
As Props they both have playing years in them (Slipper 35 and Alaalatoa 30) and I would be delighted to see either/both prove me wrong, but both have carried their teams on their backs for many years and it's starting to show.
On the weekend the combined 212 Test Cap substitution should have seen a solid platform, regardless of the other factors around them.
This was not the case.

Going forward, others capped or in the mix.

Waratahs-
Bell
Kailea
Tupou

A fit Bell is vital for the path forward being promising and I'll admit to have been surprised by Kailea.
Tupou is such an enigma and needs to get himself up to a 60 minute player somehow.
The three of them working together at the Tahs next year can only be a positive.

Brumbies-
Schoupp
van Nek

Reds-
Nonggorr
Hodgman
Nasser (Transitioning TH to HK. In itself a match day asset, but will limit development as a pure TH)

Force-
Robertson
Johnson-Holmes

Unattached-
Fa'amausili
Eloff* (Assuming eligibility on Residence)