Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe 3 - 27 October 2018

Champion
    vCash
    Perth's 2019 Bledisloe double header is on the way to a sell out after less than three days of public ticket sales and more than nine months out from the match itself.

There are approximately 2000 tickets left for Perth's first Bledisloe, to be held at the 60,000-seat Optus Stadium, after tickets went on sale to the public last Friday.

After a tumultuous past 18 months, with the axing of the Western Force from Super Rugby, there was a school of thought that fans could opt against turning out for the Test.

It appears, though, that those bridges are being mended with such a speedy uptake of tickets for the clash.

This will be the first Test at Perth’s new Optus Stadium, which opened in January 2018 and holds 60,000 people.

Perth’s Bledisloe hosting duties come with the refurbishment of ANZ Stadium getting underway in 2019, expected to be completed by the end of 2021.

The past two WA Tests have been held at nib Stadium, with the Wallabies vs South Africa attracting 17,528 in 2017 and the Wallabies vs Pumas drawing in a crowd of 16,202.

Previous to that Australia’s Tests in Perth were generally played at Subiaco Oval, with a 2005 Test against the Springboks drawing 43,278 - the highest crowd for a Test in WA.

Next year’s Perth Test will be one of just two Wallabies home games ahead of the Rugby World Cup, with a Brisbane Test against the Pumas the only other international in Australia.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/1...e-test-tickets

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Selling out... wouldn't of believed that. Dont mistake this, people arent paying to see the Wallabies as they are to see the number 1 team in the world. Combined with the fact that everyone knows the RA will never willingly share the love with future matches (only in Perth next year due to Sydney stadium upgrades.)

Ive got nothing against the Boks, Actually I enjoy watching em, but 5 out of the last 10 tests held in Perth wore thin. Take notice RA your crowds are thinning elsewhere when you show the same match year after year, when Union allows you the opportunity of variety.

Champion
    vCash
    It is a conflict for Force fans.
    - you want to see a Bledisloe once in your life
    - dont want to support the RA financially (RA will make a killing with all the tickets pre-sold 9 months ahead and $5mil of WA taxpayers money)
    - but if it is sells out in a few days in Perth and RA had to give tickets away to get 60,000 to the Bled in Sydney this year, What is the message to the RA?

Hope everybody wears blue.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The message is that every Kiwi in WA plus lots from elsewhere and sports fans who may have never been to a Rugby match will cough up to see the AB's. Just some of us pissed off Force fans (who have likely been to Bledisloe before) are staying away. I'm happy that the taxpayers might get some positive ROI anyway. Long as its not mine.

PS. According to Wikipedia there are at least 10000 WA Kiwis who are also staying away.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 29-10-18 at 19:13.

vCash
    The sell-out only proves there is a larger potential rugby crowd in Perth, than the Force; one that the Force only really tapped into in the early years. Says a lot about how many Kiwi fans didn't turn up to Force Super Rugby games; but just as glaringly how many potential Wallaby fans and mainstream fans didn't turn up during those years either.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    It is a conflict for Force fans.
    - you want to see a Bledisloe once in your life
    - dont want to support the RA financially (RA will make a killing with all the tickets pre-sold 9 months ahead and $5mil of WA taxpayers money)
    - but if it is sells out in a few days in Perth and RA had to give tickets away to get 60,000 to the Bled in Sydney this year, What is the message to the RA?

Hope everybody wears blue.
    One has a feeling it will be a blackout. Wont matter how much blue or gold anyone wears I reckon every kiwi and neutral rugby fan would have snapped these up as quickly as they could as most will be wearing their darkest colours.

It's TRUE though, no one is there to see Australia,it's the fact that they keep putting the 3rd Bledisloe in Brisbane and never moving it from Sydney and not sharing it regularly with Perth that has attracted the huge demand. Its a once in a generation event to see the worlds number 1 side. If there wasnt a kiwi team involved the game would be an embarassment attendance wise in a stadium as big as Optus. I reckon the Force would get more than the Wallabies these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    The sell-out only proves there is a larger potential rugby crowd in Perth, than the Force; one that the Force only really tapped into in the early years. Says a lot about how many Kiwi fans didn't turn up to Force Super Rugby games; but just as glaringly how many potential Wallaby fans and mainstream fans didn't turn up during those years either.
    I wonder whether the swarm arrives, how dare you question their Force allegiance.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I wonder whether the swarm arrives, how dare you question their Force allegiance.....
    Ha ha ha! Yes, that's true!

Though I've not questioned the Kiwis who are fans of the Force here, I've questioned the large number of Kiwi rugby fans in Perth who aren't Force fans; several thousand, in fact- as our old Super Rugby attendance figures used to show. I'm also questioning those Wallaby fans who turned up for the Pumas test last year, but left the Force in the lurch. Those two groups were vital to the Force; had they been around, we would be like the North Queensland Cowboys, uncuttable after the Super League war.*

*Yes, I know in the end it was rigged anyway

Last edited by chibi; 30-10-18 at 00:06.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    It will be interesting to see what crowd numbers Melbourne comes up with in all those tests they’ve been allocated .
    To me it highlights the neglect RA have shown for rugby in WA and continues to show .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what crowd numbers Melbourne comes up with in all those tests they’ve been allocated .
    To me it highlights the neglect RA have shown for rugby in WA and continues to show .
    And what price they charge...

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The real point is SOLD out, the tickets are actually just about all sold, full price, and high price at that and were not given away or discounted.

To claim that the bridges have been mended is rubbish as they will find on the night when the blue and black crowd shows up. It was a tough decision personally to not go.

In response to her bridges theory, we never walked away from rugby in WA, we just walked away from the ARU/RA, the Force crowds showed that this year being the highest attended matches in the country, it just shows that there is more support for rugby in this state than in any of the perceived heartlands or the new heartland they are trying to create where tickets have to be given away or heavily discount to generate even a mediocre crowd.

Just because the tickets have sold, does not mean the bridges have been mended, that is drawing too long a bow, which we all know.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Well said TIF!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    [QUOTE=The InnFORCEr;461629]The real point is SOLD out, the tickets are actually just about all sold, full price, and high price at that and were not given away or discounted.

In response to her bridges theory, we never walked away from rugby in WA, we just walked away from the ARU/RA, the Force crowds showed that this year being the highest attended matches in the country, it just shows that there is more support for rugby in this state than in any of the perceived heartlands or the new heartland they are trying to create where tickets have to be given away or heavily discount to generate even a mediocre crowd.

before we have a go at the perth based kiwis, let's not forget that perthonians will attend most major events, even if they don't usually watch the code year round.
    they will buy tickets for anything.
    this is usually indicated by the number of mexican waves at said events by the JCL's.

if the boot was on the other foot and i lived in NZ, there would only be certain teams i would watch.
    crusaders - yes, chiefs - maybe, highlanders - maybe, blues - no, hurricanes - maybe.
    and then only if they were playing another NZ side.

the standard of SR and the quality of games in perth is bad sometimes, i can understand the kiwis not attending.
    mention SR to a kiwi and they generally roll their eyes upwards.
    why should the kiwis pay to see an inferior product?
    yes, they have been spoilt, but australian SR is not great to watch TBH.

cider my arse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post
    ...why should the kiwis pay to see an inferior product?
    yes, they have been spoilt, but australian SR is not great to watch TBH.
    So that they can see ANY product. No Western Force, no professional or international rugby. We only have this Bled match as it was organised before The Treachery due to the Sydney stadiums rebuilding, and there will be nothing after it.

We have now seen what their non-attendance meant, it gave the cabal an opportunity for the knife in the back that we have all been waiting for since inception.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cedric rainwater View Post

if the boot was on the other foot and i lived in NZ, there would only be certain teams i would watch.
    crusaders - yes, chiefs - maybe, highlanders - maybe, blues - no, hurricanes - maybe.
    and then only if they were playing another NZ side.
    Pretty sure I'd support the team based in the area I lived - and probably buy a membership. Perhaps also a WA team if it existed. I wouldn't turn up pissed in a Rabble and/or Tahs/Broncos jersey and hurl abuse at the local team and supporters. I suppose that's only a small minority in the expat Rugby community but it is an obvious one at some games. In general the South African expat community are the opposite to that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast