Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Members Update

vCash
    Hi all, don't know what the issue with the audio was, the operator had to close down the app and use a different one.

Apologies to those watching in the first 30min or so. But we have the whole thing recorded and we'll be posting it entirely tonight - and will share the link here, via FB & twitter & with RWA

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The one thing that Mark seemed very sure of was that there will be a team cut! From what he was saying the 5 teams are unsustainable. It's now going to be a fight to see which one.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSC View Post
    Hi all, don't know what the issue with the audio was, the operator had to close down the app and use a different one.

Apologies to those watching in the first 30min or so. But we have the whole thing recorded and we'll be posting it entirely tonight - and will share the link here, via FB & twitter & with RWA
    Thanks LMSC. Best laid plans. Looking forward to seeing the whole meeting when you get it posted.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    The one thing that Mark seemed very sure of was that there will be a team cut! From what he was saying the 5 teams are unsustainable. It's now going to be a fight to see which one.
    Which is a concern, as strategically he would be the person the ARU would see as the potential weak link. He effectively holds the future of the Force in his hands - he is doing the negotiating, he is doing the recruiting, etc. If he has already bought into the issue and can see no alternative but cutting a team, that narrows the vision enormously and would make me wonder what else he is on board with. I am sure the ARU will be negotiating as much with him as the Force...he has a degree of sympathy, as it is his reputation and credibility on the table as well as the team.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    He was very confident it wouldn't be the

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Mark Sindleberry is fight with the people who pay his wages... Not a good negotiating tool.. He is the meat in the sandwich...Yes I also heard that he said the 5 team structure is unsustainable and 1 team must go... I like David Wessels he seems to be positive and is not shy when putting it out there when he said he had challenged the senior payers to step up... I presume Hodgo was sitting in the crowd as he kept looking to his right when he said it.. My biggest bitch is how the muppets have handled it.. He also was very solid in his opinion that the Kiwis want the Yappies in the comp.. Also what amazed me was his new best friend.. Cheetahs CEO .. Also with the cheetahs they are 40% owned by the company trying to cull them ,, I was a bit confused with that,, are they just out to cut their loses or is this a soft way of saying bye bye to SR in 2020.. As it will die at that date.. Maybe its time for the ARU to consider pulling all teams and doing it alone with the Pi's People say there s no money in it but maybe it should be investigated seriously.. If the ARU pull from SR then the Kiwis would be left alone as not many SA teams go to NZ .. More NZ teams go to SA ... As we are seeing TV rights and sponsorship could be a problem as most TV channels in Australia are slowing going broke.. Maybe Mothy is on the right track with his thinking..

Last edited by Tonkar; 01-06-17 at 07:22.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Agree SNOB. And he seemed to think it would help the ARU row its way out of financial sh*t creek. What I don't get though is that Clyne said they would simply be redirecting the money they save from the cull to "grassroots" rugby. So how does it help?

If they cull the Force they destroy the best rugby development program in the country but save zero money. Which makes me think that the word "grassroots" is a euphemism for "Sydney".

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Agree SNOB. And he seemed to think it would help the ARU row its way out of financial sh*t creek. What I don't get though is that Clyne said they would simply be redirecting the money they save from the cull to "grassroots" rugby. So how does it help?

If they cull the Force they destroy the best rugby development program in the country but save zero money. Which makes me think that the word "grassroots" is a euphemism for "Sydney".
    Allison this is all driven by the NSWRU as they are the ones loosing the most.. The money saved will only be directed to NSW and QLD to try and boost the teams on field performance.. The money saved will never get to WA to bolster it here as they will say you don't have a SR team any more so why do we help you develop players..

I have my TINFOIL HAT on ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post

It's a ploy to get supporters to their cause, no one is going to say 'bugger the grassroots!' are they?

It's the same as floating the idea of abandoning top ups way at the start of this process as a ploy to gain RUPA support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    It's a ploy to get supporters to their cause, no one is going to say 'bugger the grassroots!' are they?

It's the same as floating the idea of abandoning top ups way at the start of this process as a ploy to gain RUPA support.
    I agree with this 100%.

Grass roots would resonate with people as they think of kids and the average joe having a run Tuesday/Thursday and playing a game on Saturday.

Corporate spin at its finest.

Cutting a side won't bring the crowds back as their just seems to be a disconnect between pro-Rugby and the supporter base not to
    Mention the casual fan.!I get that over here that a lot of people may have given up as we don't have the flashiest win/loss record but how do you explain it in Sydney where the Waratahs can't draw a crowd to save themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    It's a ploy....
    Nope

Last edited by sittingbison; 01-06-17 at 12:58.

Rookie
    vCash
    To me, here are the key points of the Sinder's summary (during the first 30 mins of no audio).
    A. There are 3 options right now:
    1. Courts rule that the alliance agreement is not strong enough to prevent ARU from dissolving the Force
    2. ARU buys back the Rebels and dissolve them
    3. Keep 5 teams (but highly unlikely)

B. Right now there is no process of selecting a team to eliminate, it is pretty much see what happens between options 1 & 2

C. The arbitration will be in WA. He thinks its binding (but didn't seem sure)

D. The Force have started contract negotiations with their priority players but it is a bit more complicated (than at least what I was thinking) because:
    1. If only 4 teams survive, then the Force may want to sign a Rebel instead a current Force player
    2. If only 4 teams survive, then there is a surplus in the market so they have to be careful in not over paying

E. All players are telling Dave and Mark that they want to stay (except Luke and Van Wyk); but they wouldn't be surprised if there were conversations going on

F. All coaches want to stay on as well, but Dave encouraged them to think of their families first. Some have already interviewed and are just hoping that the ARU stuff gets settled before a decision has to be made by the coach.

G. WA Government and Fans have been very supportive

H. Own The Force EOI had $6-7M of interest; but only about $2M have come through in actual commitment. He understands that many are shy about committing with the uncertainty about the club. Even if we had raised the $5M, the OTF campaign has no impact on the outcome of this situation because OTF would still have to negotiate with ARU to buy the Force and then they would have 2 private owners to fight to eliminate one.

My synopsis is that all we can do is keep fighting in the courts to drag it out long enough for the ARU and Cox to find an agreeable price.

I also think David Wessels is the right man to get the Force to the top of Australia and be competitive with the Kiwis next year or the year after. Then it will be a question of can we attract enough talent to get us to the top of SR.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thanks for the summary, well done 👍

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agrugger View Post
    C. The arbitration will be in WA. He thinks its binding (but didn't seem sure
    So...
    1.There is a clause that compels arbitration in the alliance agreement?

2.If there is, it seems strange the CEO does not know if any determination is binding.

3. If there is no such clause then the Rugby WA legal reps must think it's to their advantage to go down that road, at least initially. If that eventuates.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So...
    1.There is a clause that compels arbitration in the alliance agreement?

2.If there is, it seems strange the CEO does not know if any determination is binding.

3. If there is no such clause then the Rugby WA legal reps must think it's to their advantage to go down that road, at least initially. If that eventuates.
    1) no. This end is trying to get a court hearing because the overall process (according to this end) is faster. That is, this shite gets sorted faster.

2) Sinders said that arbitration would be binding (in response to a question from the floor last night)

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast