Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book, first of all its cheap and secondly it has the words Don't Panic inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.

OK

Now that everyone has had the opportunity to vent their frustrations and exclaim that the sky is falling and the glass not only is half empty but bone dry.

Before we see a pile of burning Western Force merchandise out the front of RugbyWA HQ. Lets all take a breath and weigh up some positives and get behind our team. Its a pretty safe bet they arent feeling that flash today.

The first paragraph is stolen from The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy written by Douglas Adams first published in 1979 and I would recommend it as a great read to all

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Positives.....Backrow, Fantastically done, with a bit more luck in the Reffing I think they'll do well

Pekka, as much as everybody bagged the lineout, you have to realise he's a manufactured hooker and that'll take time. Around the field and in the scrum he was great.

Rabbit, Unreal, he had a lot of work to do with the backline he was anchoring, the only error I could see was his missed tackle on Edmonds (almost excusable)

Sheehan, I thought he played a smart game, I liked the box kicks, )particularly with the way Harry was kicking

The scrum was good, and the breakdown was very solid, when we get some first string backs back we'll be OK, unfortunately we don't have much time to do that.

C'mon the

vCash
    A bit more luck in the reffing being that steve Walsh goes back to the bottle or NZ which ever works quicker??

To be fair, I had more problem with the blind touchy!

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    Looking at the reply I might have been harsh on Walsh at the game......He missed some stuff from the Brums which wasn't returned but on the whole he does deserve to be reffing under 12s next week.

The touchy was hopeless. He shouldn't be allowed near a rugby game without a ticket!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    A bit more luck in the reffing being that steve Walsh goes back to the bottle or NZ which ever works quicker??

To be fair, I had more problem with the blind touchy!
    Couldn't agree more. The ref was a joke (well, he used to be one, so nothing's changed)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book, first of all its cheap and secondly it has the words Don't Panic inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.

The first paragraph is stolen from The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy written by Douglas Adams first published in 1979 and I would recommend it as a great read to all
    That's the first book in Douglas Adams' four book (later expanded to five book) Trilogy...

Don't go panicking; Considering the various setbacks pre game we did well to keep up with the Brumbies; Unlucky with the Reffing, but that affects both teams. The Back row was awesome. Rabbit was superb. Despite the disapointment of a loss there were enough positives to rule out panicking!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Normie - you may not be aware but there has recently been a 6th book in the trilogy - written by someone else whos name escapes me. Douglas Adams passed away a couple of years ago.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

OK

Now that everyone has had the opportunity to vent their frustrations and exclaim that the sky is falling and the glass not only is half empty but bone dry.

Before we see a pile of burning Western Force merchandise out the front of RugbyWA HQ. Lets all take a breath and weigh up some positives and get behind our team. Its a pretty safe bet they arent feeling that flash today.

Why then in episode 1/chapter 1 do they leave earth in a rather hasty manner prior to its destruction. Irony?

I prefer "So long and thanks for all the fish"....

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Dane Haylett-Petty. Shute Shield did him the world of good & showed again last night. Maybe the rest of the backs need a long stint in shute shield.

Worst part of the game wasn't even the way that either team played, it was the booing! When we went to Canberra last year they were never as rude as that, I was honestly quite ashamed to be sitting amongst a bunch of people who boo-ed that much. Terrible sportsmanship on behalf of the Force fans near me.

Last edited by laura; 13-02-10 at 13:41.

vCash
    I think Sheehans worth a crack at 10 and Oyoung starting Scrummy, JOC at inside centre. DHP at Fullback, Tatupu and Sare on the wings.
    Not ideal but what else have we got to lose?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Dane Haylett-Petty. Shute Shield did him the world of good & showed again last night. Maybe the rest of the backs need a long stint in shute shield.
    Haig Sare did some work last night as well, 5-7 Runs (~73m), he even hit ~5 Rucks. He also got the most line breaks for the Force......1.

Go The Force!

vCash
    Don't Panic

not when the Hurricanes and Chiefs on their way over for weeks 2 & 3...

However Week 4 looks a little more promising for the Force...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    not when the Hurricanes and Chiefs on their way over for weeks 2 & 3...

However Week 4 looks a little more promising for the Force...
    Well week 4 looks great for some Force fans too.....the Rock N Roll Train is in town that weekend!!!

Go The Force!

vCash
    Actually I'm rounding up some merchandise and a lot of kero as we speak and am heading off to Rugby WA as we speak. Someone needs to put the boot in and let them know that even the long term, never say die supporters are a little (a lot) pissed off at their recruitment failures and general piss poor quality of the performance of the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Worst part of the game wasn't even the way that either team played, it was the booing! When we went to Canberra last year they were never as rude as that, I was honestly quite ashamed to be sitting amongst a bunch of people who boo-ed that much. Terrible sportsmanship on behalf of the Force fans near me.
    As much as it irks me to be praising something which Muddie has, I have to agree with the second bit of your comment Laura!

I guess I am just old enough to remember when Rugby was differentiated by having some decent standards for players and supporters - like not heckling when the opposition are lining up a penalty kick. The game is to be played by the players - supporters are there to support - wildly and enthusiastically for our team - quietly, politely and sometimes a little derisively to THEM.

If abusing and booing is the preference, you need tickets to tomorrow at MES.

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast