Senior Player
    vCash

Force List 2023 speculation

(preamble reserved for GIGs)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    nothing for nothing. But wasnt the Lists TIF's thing?

You'all are jumping on some big toes.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

Well you know what they say about men with big toes?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    Well you know what they say about men with big toes?
    Suffer from brewers droop?.lol

vCash
    My prediction is that there is going to be some serious recruiting and Hodgo and Cron will both have prices put on their heads by the East Coast elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    (preamble reserved for GIGs)
    I really don't start thinking about this sort of stuff until the season's over, so go nuts maelkann. I think I started one last year because nobody else had.

Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

TIF wants the lists to be pretty purely a track of who has actually been announced, my thread last year was for the unsupported rumours, wishlists and general bullshit that we all like to indulge in from time to time.

I consider it a way of keeping the lists clean, for which TIF should thanks maelkann.

Now onto my speculation, which isn't much more than a shopping list ATM

Exceedingly high priorities
    Tighthead props who can play at this level immediately, We're losing Medrano, Holmes isn't getting any younger and it appears that anybody else isn't even ready for giggle minutes right now, so that's an area we need to shore up.

A good experienced 10 who can mentor Reesjan for a couple of seasons. This year, we saw Reesjan look pretty good for two games, look pretty green for a game or two and then not really do a lot behind McIntyre who is leaving and, honestly, isn't up to the standard of startign Super Rugby Matches.

A 13 who can either replace Kyle or put a rocket up him, because 13 has sucked pretty badly in all the games we've lost. I don't think Kyle's a bad player, but he's not playing well at the moment. I think he needs some pressure.

SOMEBODY TO REPLACE FERUS LEE-WARNER, he leaves a MASSIVE hole in our workrate and general go-forward.

After that, I think we're in a pretty good place. We've got some handy outside backs with a bunch of fringe guys ready to come on line over the next few years, Backrow doesn't run as deep as we have in other years, but there are plenty of options, the loss of FLW leaves a hole in both our backrow and locks, so we might need to get two guys to replace him.

We should build some more depth in the reserves, this might mean making an early call on some blokes who the coaches don't think will cut it and bringing in some who have promise., but it's not like last year, when we really needed to buy in some guys who could push starters to the bench, now there are a couple of gaps, many left buy guys who are leaving.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    You all know me, I only deal in facts, it's an important part of my job

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Worcester Warriors have tweeted this morning that they have signed Fergus Lee Warner, so confirmed departure

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Worcester Warriors have tweeted this morning that they have signed Fergus Lee Warner, so confirmed departure
    Yeah. I'd heard Gloucester, but I guess it isn't far away from right

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yeah. I'd heard Gloucester, but I guess it isn't far away from right
    Not too far at all. But Worcester had the inside sauce......................I'll see myself out.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Tighthead props who can play at this level immediately, We're losing Medrano, Holmes isn't getting any younger and it appears that anybody else isn't even ready for giggle minutes right now, so that's an area we need to shore up.
    I reckon Academy member Siosifa Amone from Soaks has lots of potential but I agree we need an experienced THP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I reckon Academy member Siosifa Amone from Soaks has lots of potential but I agree we need an experienced THP.
    Yeah, I'm sure there are some Academy boys who have plenty of potential, I was using the fact that nobody other than Medrano and Holmes have come anywhere near the 3 jersey as an indication that they all need some more time before they're fully ready.

Especially when you consider that Holmes wasn't dropped after his glass of wine because they had nobody to cover for him. When you look at it that way, it suggests that our fringe Tightheads are a fair way off.

C'mon the

vCash
    Worcester sign 6'4, 110kg English-qualified Aussie backrow Lee-Warner

Worcester Warriors confirmed the signing of utility forward Fergus Lee-Warner, their third signing for the 2022/23 season, on a three-year deal.

Lee-Warner, 28, can play both back row and lock and will arrive at Sixways from Perth-based Western Force at the end of the current Super Rugby Pacific season.

The versatile forward has also played for Western Force in Australia’s National Rugby Championship having previously represented the Greater Sydney Rams.

The 6ft 4ins, 110kg forward is English-qualified through a grandfather and communication with former Warrior Jono Lance helped convince him to upsticks to the UK.

“I am really excited about joining Warriors,” Lee-Warner said. “I have been playing Super Rugby here in Perth since 2020 when Force came back in.

“I have really enjoyed my time here with Force but I have always wanted to play in the Gallagher Premiership. I feel like it’s a really good competition and another step in my career that I want to take. It’s the chance for me to experience something different.

“Jono Lance is a mate and I spoke to him about coming to Worcester.

Warriors Director of Rugby Alan Solomons believes that the Australian has the skills and physical attributes to flourish in the Gallagher Premiership.

“Fergus is an experienced, physical, abrasive lock/six. His attributes are ideally suited to the Premiership and there is no doubt that he will make his mark here at Sixways,” Solomons said.

“Jono Lance and others who have coached him speak very highly of him as both a player and a person.

“He will clearly add great value to the Warriors and we all look forward to welcoming him here at Sixways.”

Warriors’ Lead Rugby Consultant Steve Diamond also welcomed the addition of Lee-Warner to next season’s squad.

“With his physical assets, Fergus should be a real asset and I’m looking forward to working with him when he arrives in the summer.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...3a2a9959b51324

vCash
    Medrano to join Worcester Warriors
    Wed, 06/04/2022, 11:00 pm

Santiago Medrano will depart the Western Force at the end of the current Super Rugby Pacific campaign to join Worcester Warriors.

The Argentinian international prop will be linking up with the English Premiership side after two seasons with the Force.

Having joined from Jaguares last year, Medrano has built a reputation as a skilful and hard-working front rower who puts his body on the line each week.

Medrano said he relished his time in Western Australia.

“I’ve really enjoyed playing for the Force and feel that I’ve learned a lot as a player and as a person,” the Argentinian explained.

“I’d like to thank all my teammates, coaches, and staff for making my time here so memorable. “A special thanks to the Sea of Blue who gives us such great support every week and are the best crowd in Australia. I hope we cross paths again in the future.”

General Manager of Rugby Matt Hodgson thanked Medrano for his contributions to the club.

“Santiago has been a consistent performer who plays with the utmost pride and passion,” Hodgson said.

“Coming from Argentina he adapted swiftly and whole-heartedly bought in the Force culture. “He is a man that always puts the team first and on behalf of the entire organisation I wish him all the very best for the future.”

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/medran...arriors-202246

Champion
    vCash
    Hope we get some good news about signings soon this is just getting depressing! Although I know it happens every year!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast