Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Signing Spree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Damn Dude - I reckon Dolly Parton just rolled over in her bed and she hasn't done that since she was 14.
    ......a difficult maneuver for Dolly. Her head would be now hanging a foot above the pillow.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Triple threat locked in
    October 1, 2020
    The Western Force is continuing to bolster its squad for 2021 with Feleti Kaitu’u, Angus Wagner and Greg Holmes all locked-in to extend their time at the club.

Promising young hooker, Kaitu’u, joined the Force in 2018 and enjoyed a breakout 2020 season, resulting in an invite to the initial Wallabies training squad.

The 25-year-old has had a whirlwind journey with the Force so far and is looking forward to being a part of the club for the next two years.

“Western Australia and the Force gave me my first crack when no one else in Australia was willing to. To me, that means everything,” Kaitu’u said.

“I am excited about my mission in this brotherhood, this culture, and this club that gets knocked down seven times but stands up eight.

“The Force’s story as a club resembles much of my journey – chasing this once elusive dream of mine. Nelson Mandela once said, ‘The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall’, that is something I truly believe in.”

With 27 Wallabies Test caps to his name, Greg Holmes joined the Force for the 2020 season, making his return to Australian rugby after four years playing for England’s Exeter Chiefs.

Despite missing much of the Super Rugby AU season with a thumb injury, Holmes says the journey with the team was a memorable one.

“I’m super excited to be staying at the Force! I am hugely thankful to the guys for bringing me in this year and giving me another chance to show them what I can do,” Holmes said.

“It’s a very exciting time and there are some really promising talents here, so I am pumped to be part of it.

“I think it’s always good to have a few older players around at the club, especially somewhere like the Force where we have so many young players coming through. You don’t have to be a coach to help those guys and if I can help them even just a little bit throughout the way, that is hugely important for me.”

Up-and-coming prop, 22-year-old Angus Wagner, says he is grateful for the opportunities the Force has presented him and is looking forward to continuing to develop and grow for another two years in the west.

“Getting my first cap this year was amazing, you really feel like you’re a part of something when you get that. I’m very grateful for that opportunity,” Wagner said.

“Playing with the Force has been awesome. We are doing so well as a club and I thought we did really well this year.

“I love it over here, we have a great group of boys and it’s a really great environment to be a rugby player.”

Head coach Tim Sampson was full of praise for the trio, saying they all hold crucial positions within the team and the club.

“Feleti kicked on with his game this year and it was a great reward that he was recognised by the national selectors and called into the initial Wallabies squad at the completion of Super Rugby AU,” Sampson said.

“Similarly, for Angus, in just his first season at the club, we were really impressed with his growth in all areas of his game. The timing of his injury in the recent Super Rugby AU tournament was unfortunate, as he started the competition really well, but it is fantastic that Angus has committed to the club and we are looking forward to his game continuing to develop over the coming years.

“Greg’s experience and front row knowledge is going to be pivotal for us moving into next year. He has been involved in successful programs over the years having previously won a Super Rugby title, and more recently was a key member of the successful Exeter Chiefs club, so he knows what it takes to get results.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm assuming Rob Kearney will be aligning with Perth Irish as his local club

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm assuming Rob Kearney will be aligning with Perth Irish as his local club
    Any news on who they have let go

Champion
    vCash
    Someone on the Sea of blue facebook page said Stowers had gone and Jooste which I hope it wrong :-(

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Someone on the Sea of blue facebook page said Stowers had gone and Jooste which I hope it wrong :-(
    I am surprised about Stowers as he is a regular starter but I do understand that his family is in NZ and especially with whole COVID thing this year, not being able to see his family may have taken its toll.

vCash
    I must be missing something, regards to Nick Jooste. Without being near MoM anytime, I thought he went OK with the little opportunities he's been given.

Any thoughts?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    I thought he went pretty good as well Shasta. Hope we aren't punting lads to make way for older specimens.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good to see this announcement.....

Forwards locked and loaded

October 7, 2020

Forwards Fergus Lee-Warner, Kane Koteka, and Ollie Callan have committed to the Western Force for a further two years, with the trio signing new contract extensions.

Read more......

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Good to see this announcement.....

Forwards locked and loaded

October 7, 2020

Forwards Fergus Lee-Warner, Kane Koteka, and Ollie Callan have committed to the Western Force for a further two years, with the trio signing new contract extensions.

Read more......
    Two more local guys to go with Tugboat.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Love it.

Champion
    vCash
    Thomas Cubelli and Julian Montoya have signed!

vCash
    O---le. ole,ole,ole...o---le....0---le!

vCash
    Still buying experience (OK quality experience) I'm hoping to see a bit more "building the future"

And a world class 10

C'mon the

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast