Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Western Force back in the fold in new domestic competition

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I am confident that Mindaroo has made the best of this deal and that they dont abandon our Asian Pacific partners.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I’m certainly looking forward to seeing how we compare to the SR teams. I have no doubt that we can beat the Tahs and Rebels. The brumbies and Reds are another kettle of fish.
    I think our boys will certainly be fitter than the other teams due to the pace of GGR. I think we will have to look at playing our best squad for longer though.
    I wonder if this also means that Dave Rennie will be looking at our guys as potential Wallabies as they will be playing “Super Rugby”
    An interesting conundrum for our new Wallabie Coach!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    An interesting conundrum for our new Wallabie Coach!
    An opportunity for our new Wallabies coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Dave Rennie will be looking at our guys as potential Wallabies as they will be playing “Super Rugby” An interesting conundrum for our new Wallabie Coach!
    I think Dave Rennie will need to consider the career longevity implications of picking a force player in preference to a waratah. I currently feel that all his talk about picking on form are the words of a kiwi coach who is used to that being the norm and unaware of the machinations within Aussie rugby.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    There is precisely zero chance that any player not already being paid to be a Wallaby will get picked this year, on financial grounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    There is precisely zero chance that any player not already being paid to be a Wallaby will get picked this year, on financial grounds.
    That's about the same chance that this brain fart has of getting off the ground, I reckon.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I’d know that hat anywhere! LOL!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And just like that.....out again.

vCash
    Not going to happen unfortunately. Life is going to become very boring!
    9 months time massive birth increase to compensate for all the deaths all to be called some variation of Coronavirus! ( not this house hold) ����

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    WAs fault apparently.....

Rugby Australia have put plans for a domestic competition on hold until at least May 1 after news of tighter government restrictions.

On Sunday night, Australian primer minister Scott Morrison announced plans for a range of businesses and non-essential services to be shut down and encouraged people to avoid non-essential domestic travel.

The competition was slated to begin on April 4 but has now been pushed back until at least May 1.

WA will shut down its borders after Tuesday, effectively halting any travel in or out of the state without observing two-week quarantine periods.

That news, among the range of restrictions being announced, has forced Rugby AU to put a pin in the domestic tournament for now.

All Australian Super Rugby teams will stop training for two weeks and then will undergo modified training programs mid-April.

The May 1 date is in line with other decisions made to push back club and community rugby until the first weekend of May as well.

Sunday's announcements had already forced the suspension of the AFL until the end of May while the NRL was still committed to trying to keep its competition going for the time being.

Rugby AU CEO Raelene Castle said health and welfare was the key concern.

“Rugby Australia and the Super Rugby teams have made the decision today to suspend the start of the revised competition on the latest guidance from the various Government and Health authorities and our Chief Medical Officer," she said in a statement. “Our priority is the health and welfare of our athletes and our wider rugby community as we continue to adapt to an unprecedented and constantly-evolving situation for our game and society. “The decision to postpone the restart of the competition until May 1 is in line with the suspension of all community rugby in Australia and will give us the opportunity to review our position across the whole rugby landscape in a month’s time. “Our message to the entire rugby community today is to follow the advice of the Government and health authorities. We must do whatever it takes to stop the spread of the virus.

"The spirit of the rugby community is a powerful force, and the only way out of this crisis is to work together and look out for each other. “While this is having an unprecedented impact on our sport and many other sports, this is bigger than sport and that is why we will continue to put the health and welfare of our people above anything else.”

vCash
    Rugby AU CEO Raelene Castle said .............................The spirit of the rugby community is a powerful force, and the only way out of this crisis is to work together and look out for each other.
    Really?? Leave the jokes to the comedians, Raelene.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    And just like that.....out again.
    Within 48-72 hours?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    WAs fault apparently.....

WA will shut down its borders after Tuesday, effectively halting any travel in or out of the state without observing two-week quarantine periods.

That news, among the range of restrictions being announced, has forced Rugby AU to put a pin in the domestic tournament for now.

They would not just say this for no reason. There must have been a very in depth spreadsheet to prove its all WA's fault and this is the reosan for the competition not going ahead.

vCash
    I am glad that WA is closing its borders. Sydney can’t be trusted to do the right thing, as evidenced by Bondi beach and allowing 2700 potentially incubating cruise passengers to fan out across the country.

Once again, it’s people in NSW that have caused a rugby fuck up.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast