Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pindan Premier Grade Round 6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    You obviously weren't at West's training tonight
    I don't think the litmus test of a club's resolve is at training Westie. No matter how sternly the words are delivered, it's sitting their most needed player out of the 22 that indicates how serious they are.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You obviously weren't at West's training tonight
    Westie, by my interpretation of your sanctimonious windbagging, neither were half your team.

Champion
    vCash
    I'd be more concerned about the reason why hasn't your mob submitted a team list for this weekend

Last edited by westies man; 17-05-13 at 04:25. Reason: s
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Slack manager, too lazy to ring in "same as last week", whether it is or not.

Champion
    vCash
    I was always under the impression that tranfers couldn't take place if subs were still owing to the previous club is this no longer the case?
    This has not been the case for many seasons. RugbyWA will not block a transfer simply because the player has not paid fees It is the club's responsibility and if they can't get the money then that is their problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I was always under the impression that tranfers couldn't take place if subs were still owing to the previous club is this no longer the case?
    This has not been the case for many seasons. RugbyWA will not block a transfer simply because the player has not paid fees It is the club's responsibility and if they can't get the money then that is their problem.
    Does that attitude not indicate some of the blame for this situation? I wonder whether RugbyWA would get involved if the club failed to give them their cut of a player's subs (there is GUARANTEED to be a portion that goes to RugbyWA as the administering body, probably also a component for a centralised insurance premium) I bet they would start to act then!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    For RugbyWA to start managing the subs of players, you'd open up a whole new can of worms as each club is entitled to charge their fees, some perhaps even have sugar daddies paying on behalf of players - so it would be a minefield, plus it takes some of the ownership away from the club.

Personally I think each club strictly enforce a "No Pay = No Play" policy and agree uniformly with all other clubs on a cut-off date for that to happen.

This means a club has the backing to insist on payment in the full knowledge "said" player will not get any slack cut for him at any other club.

If Club's don't start working together on some key aspects of player management within our competition - our comp will not grow stronger.

Clubs already lose players who have paid their subs, only to learn some weasel team mate or club member has been let off the hook of paying subs because he's whinged and threatened loud enough.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am aware of three clubs where the axe is falling this weekend and players will be turned away because they haven't paid all or part of their fees.

Problem is that the players involved know that they can go to Cott and play for nothing and they threaten their existing clubs with this message. Let them go I say.

Some clubs are cleansing themselves of this scourge and may take a bit of short term pain but will be much better off for it.

The clubs that accept these free-loaders are digging a cultural hole for themselves.

Champion
    vCash
    Hey RM - This has got to stop... we being in agreement.

There will be players at Cott who will re-consider their future with a club where they have given many years of service from juniors upwards only to find their opportunities at Premier Grade get thwarted by accommodating several Force players who won't be there ( at Cott) when their respective Force contracts expire, or bringing in multiple players with offers of discounted subs.

It will last whilst the club is successful on the field and as long as the back slapping and self adulation continues, let's wait until September.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Don't count your chickens Hansie!

The moment you get back on that soap box of yours and start making outrageous statements I will track you down and bring you to account.

As long as you keep playing with a straight bat you'll get no grief from me.

vCash
    Ahhh this is so sweet, seeing you two be nice to one another.

Champion
    vCash
    Heard a certain giant 2nd rower from a club that is struggling a bit and trying to change a bad culture is shopping himself around because he doesn't think he should have to pay fees and his club has told him to pay like everyone else.I will guarantee he will get told to piss off if he approaches us.Will any other club do the same.Imagine the shit you would cop if he turn's up playing at your club from the guy's on this webpage.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Heard a certain giant 2nd rower from a club that is struggling a bit and trying to change a bad culture is shopping himself around because he doesn't think he should have to pay fees and his club has told him to pay like everyone else.I will guarantee he will get told to piss off if he approaches us.Will any other club do the same.Imagine the shit you would cop if he turn's up playing at your club from the guy's on this webpage.
    Well it can't be someone from Baysie as they don't have any giant second rowers this season

Champion
    vCash
    Westie, Neddies will back you, but we have no need for 2nd Rowers.

Rookie
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Hansie;352558]Hey RM - This has got to stop... we being in agreement.

There will be players at Cott who will re-consider their future with a club where they have given many years of service from juniors upwards only to find their opportunities at Premier Grade get thwarted by accommodating several Force players who won't be there ( at Cott) when their respective Force contracts expire, or bringing in multiple players with offers of discounted subs.

It will be alright there are 350 kids at Rockingham that will have no pathway to Premier Rugby so maybe some of the CRAC thought of a quick fix for the Purple circle clubs that have no Juniors .
    There are a good bunch of ladies and blokes developing a fist full of players down there if we tell them that they are not on the right path in seniors they will spend more time developing juniors for us

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast