Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Australia vs Scotland - RWC Quarter Final

vCash
    Very well done by Chieka today to have a shot at the governing body for throwing Joubers under the bus. No other decision was treated with a press release that could only exacerbate the controversy. I haven't been a big fan of Chieka in the past but he has certainly grown on me - I respect how he has toughened the team up, built a strong culture and had the balls to call it as he sees it. Turning into a Chieka fan 😀

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Agree, onya Cheik. Here's some of what he said:

“Unfortunately in this instance, people have taken the game off the field and gotten quite personal about it. Supposedly, these are big people in the game who are earning their living through commentary and stuff like that.”

World Rugby said in a statement that, having reviewed the incident, the “appropriate decision was a scrum to Australia for the original knock-on” and not a penalty.

Cheika fears the sport is treading a dangerous path by deciding to publish the routine review into a referee’s performance in response to the outcry over a mistake.

“It is a bit surprising because no other decision in the tournament has been reviewed,” Cheika said. “I felt we should have had a couple of scrum penalties before. I don’t know if they are reviewing those or if there is a document coming out from World Rugby on them. If there is then we’ll make a list.

“I don’t know if Samoa are making a list about the little knock-on before Scotland scored at the end, or how many more we are going to send in.

“If this is what’s going to happen then every team will be making a list as long as their arm. And with reason to.

“It’s not the way it has ever been done before, so I am not sure why it’s being done like that now.”

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Cheika should stick to his own job. Complete about turn on his normal comments about match officials.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Name:  IMG_0818.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  37.3 KB

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    I think most of what i have read here is about being disappointed about how much it is hanging around!

and i don't think any of it was aimed at you. more the disgust about the concentrating on one decision and the obvious bus throwing.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I think this is the a pretty important point as well....

Still on the Joubert fallout, Conor O’Shea, former Irish international and current director of rugby at UK club Harlequins, believes it will be now impossible for World Rugby to discipline any coach who takes aim at a referee, having effectively done so themselves.

“If a club director of rugby had said what World Rugby have just said, we would get fined,” O’Shea told The Times.

“You cannot say what they said. You are not supposed to talk about what the referee does in any way, shape or form.

“That has stunned me that they have done that. Why did they feel the need to justify it publicly?

“How can a person be disciplined for speaking out about a referee when they have basically hung a referee out to dry?”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ru...-1227576744717

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Yes, this certainly is turning into a sticky, ugly mess.

The whole while, the power and beauty of a match which was a hotly contested game of skill between two opponents who shouldn't have been, but were evenly matched on the day is being gradually eroded by this continued focus on a bloke who wasn't even playing it.

I guess now, every media commentator and coach in the world will be calling for World Rugby to publicly state that the seventeen individual calls they have an issue with were wrong.

TIF gave me a serve about respecting the man in control, because we aren't playing soccer, but World Rugby is putting us in exactly that position.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    This thread is going round in circles. The Wallabies dodged a bullet and some guy's are even attempting to justify the end result by bringing up scrum issues and other incidents during the game.
    If Scotland hadn't gone for a low percentage 6 ball lineout call in the rain we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Scotland bought their A game and played very well against a team I thought would flog them by 30.
    Wonder what Cheika's reaction towards Joubert would have been like if the Wallabies had lost because he does have some form with officials.
    I don't have a problem with the International Refs board or whatever it's called this year holding Joubert to account because he got it wrong and there should be consequences.
    For the record I thought Joubert had made the correct decision when I watched it in real time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Why should Joubert be held to account, he made a call on the day in the heat of the moment and from the position he was standing in at the time. I would like a dollar for every game of rugby i've played in and watched where the ref has made a wrong call, they are human and yes believe it or not make mistakes. Look back through tournaments of all sports and this is the case. We got lucky on this occasion, PLEASE lets move on.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    This thread is going round in circles. The Wallabies dodged a bullet and some guy's are even attempting to justify the end result by bringing up scrum issues and other incidents during the game.
    If Scotland hadn't gone for a low percentage 6 ball lineout call in the rain we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Scotland bought their A game and played very well against a team I thought would flog them by 30.
    Wonder what Cheika's reaction towards Joubert would have been like if the Wallabies had lost because he does have some form with officials.
    I don't have a problem with the International Refs board or whatever it's called this year holding Joubert to account because he got it wrong and there should be consequences.
    For the record I thought Joubert had made the correct decision when I watched it in real time.
    I think we can all agree with:
    • Scotland played well
    • Australia were lucky
    • Joubert made the bvest decision he could in real-time
    • You shouldn't just look at the last call, as there were a number which could/should have been called
    • scotland lost it due to a poor choice at the lineout in the rain
    • Joubert should not have been called out by WR
    • if you are going to look at the one penalty at the end - you need to look at all
    • It was a dick move by WR pushing Joubert under the bus.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    in breaking news, 4000k scan remastering of the original black and white footage of the 1966 World Cup and computer aided video 3D enhancement technology has conclusively proved the ump got it wrong....the whole ball crossed the line

There is some resistance however to England returning the cup to its rightful owner, West Germany

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    in breaking news, 4000k scan remastering of the original black and white footage of the 1966 World Cup and computer aided video 3D enhancement technology has conclusively proved the ump got it wrong....the whole ball crossed the line

There is some resistance however to England returning the cup to its rightful owner, West Germany
    A remarkable post that's wrong in just four respects:

1) The linesman said it was a goal, he didn't rule it out.
    2) Therefore, if technology had confirmed that the ball had crossed the line, it would prove the linesman was correct.
    3) The way you've written it, it was a goal scored by West Germany but not given. In fact it was a goal by England. Look at the shield on the chest of the goalkeeper - the West German Eagle, not the English Three Lions.
    4) The disputed goal was not, as some people think, an equaliser for England, late in the game. England went 2-1 up and Germany scored the late equaliser (not without some dispute itself). The disputed goal put England 3-2 up, and they scored a second in extra time anyway to win 4-2.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    So where do Scotland's foreign legion go now? Back home to NZ and South Africa for a holiday?

Last edited by jargan83; 21-10-15 at 19:01.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    So where do Scotland's foreign legion go now? Back home to NZ and South Africa for a holiday?
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34582424

vCash
    Let the Scots whine and bitch. Who cares. We won they didn't.
    We scored 5 tries. They got a load of lucky penalties and their farking blind side flanker relaxed his bind and played like a 4th front rower all night boring in on Sio. Good luck next tournament you dribblers. There is no place in professional sport for sympathy. I give them none. Phone someone who cares...we are playing Argentina

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast