Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Global Rapid Rugby approved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Part of the problem is that, while there has been almost universal agreement on forums like GGR and others that it would be better if the Force hadn't been terminated, many posters on those forums refuse to accept criticism of the way it was done. Specifically, there is no acknowledgement of the duplicity, dishonesty and unconscionable conduct revealed during the Senate Inquiry. Interestingly, many of the same posters are very quick to ridicule IPCC / WSR / GRR. Attempts to counter that have been met with warnings, threats and bans even though the naysayers seem free to cast aspersions on the judgement and integrity of anyone who does support IPCC / WSR / GRR.

So, WCRugger, while I agree with you about the virtual middle finger there are very good reasons why that isn't the only appropriate response.
    I personally find most posters with an eastern states outlook fall in one of two camps.
    Camp 1 - It was a blight on the game that the Force were cut, but generally accepting that the methods were legal and therefore no harm no foul
    Camp 2 - The bloodbath that assassinated the Force was completely outside the bounds of decency and fair play, but the Force had to go for the good of Aussie rugby, so we just need to move on and heal the rift.

I have seen very few hold the prevailing opinion that is so entrenched over here in Auschwitz. that the axing of the Force was both unmerited and horribly conducted. That is the source of my angst.

I do look forward, as Steve does, to the virtual middle finger coming to fruition, however I still harbour resentment, mistrust and anger over the method and the result. Until there is some move by Rugby Australia to redress some of that, I will continue to be anti-RA.

Don't read the forced acceptance of GRR as a move to redress the balance, RA stalled and obfuscated that process as hard as they could until World Rugby finally took them into a back room and virtually beat them with sticks.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    But, while you all are invested in the sole injustice that is the Force saga our anger and frustration is tempered by dealing with the absolute shit show that is RA at the moment.
    Ah yes, nice.

So you call for us to respect the individual viewpoints of the group that we argue with in the same post that you state that "we all" have the same approach

Hypocrisy isn't dead after all!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Name:  wwef_1222248883_th_65.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  26.1 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    ASIC are getting another kicking in the Banking Royal Commission over their failure to take the NAB to court over breaches. ASIC are as credible as Pulver and Uncle Cam.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ah yes, nice.

So you call for us to respect the individual viewpoints of the group that we argue with in the same post that you state that "we all" have the same approach

Hypocrisy isn't dead after all!
    I mentioned some Force fans in relation to GAGR. Not all. Some. If you are referring to the last sentence. Well, are you saying that there are some Force fans who were okay with what happened or are we getting our wires crossed here? It's hardly a generalisation to suggest that all Force fans would be invested in what has happening and is happening to to/for their team.

As for my attitude to the saga. Shouldn't have happened. As far as I'm concerned there was justification for choosing the Force over the Rebels. But seeing as it has been subject to judicial and governmental review it wasn't illegal either. Still doesn't make it right and those responsible need to be purged from the organisation. Hell, I want the whole damn structure of the game to be ripped down and rebuilt free of Unions and petty powerbroking.

But a degree of healing is required. The game cannot afford to be splintered in this country for too long. It doesn't need to be all chummy but a working relationship needs to be the end goal. For the benefit of both organisations.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I think a degree of healing is unrealistic after the events of the last couple of years, and a long term stable future in Australia for both GRR and SR in parallel will ultimately prove impossible. Either the current cabal that is RA will prevail and rugby in WA will wither, or their power will be broken and something entirely new will evolve out of GRR as the only viable alternative. They won't co-exist for long...if GRR is successful, sooner or later RA as it is will have to act to try and either assume control or eliminate it altogether within Australia. They also have the luxury of time and can afford to wait for the chance, most likely when people are stupid enough to trust them a second time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    I mentioned some Force fans in relation to GAGR. Not all. Some. If you are referring to the last sentence. Well, are you saying that there are some Force fans who were okay with what happened or are we getting our wires crossed here? It's hardly a generalisation to suggest that all Force fans would be invested in what has happening and is happening to to/for their team.

As for my attitude to the saga. Shouldn't have happened. As far as I'm concerned there was justification for choosing the Force over the Rebels. But seeing as it has been subject to judicial and governmental review it wasn't illegal either. Still doesn't make it right and those responsible need to be purged from the organisation. Hell, I want the whole damn structure of the game to be ripped down and rebuilt free of Unions and petty powerbroking.

But a degree of healing is required. The game cannot afford to be splintered in this country for too long. It doesn't need to be all chummy but a working relationship needs to be the end goal. For the benefit of both organisations.
    I disagree, right now the only way to move forward is to reign fire down on the RA headquarters like armedgeddon and purge the game of the worst administration in sporting history. Without destroying and breaking apart the power structure strangling the game then Rugby Union will remain paralysed in obscurity. If Global Rapid Rugby can gain ascedency over super rugby it may possibly force change that the gutless administrations from NSWRU, SRU and QRU just will not act on for the good of the game in this country. The best thing Andrew Forrest can do is literally buy up the talent from Super rugby and force RA to the table to negotiate a brand new power structure which rids us all of the whole boys club routine we have become accustomed to. We will not forgive and we certainly will not forget, the day Rugby Australia culled us they started a David vs goliath fight that they just did not see coming, and unfortunately for Rugby Australia they are David and Andrew Forrest with his Mindaroo foundation and every Western Australian behind him is the Goliath. The fight has only just begun!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I think a degree of healing is unrealistic after the events of the last couple of years, and a long term stable future in Australia for both GRR and SR in parallel will ultimately prove impossible. Either the current cabal that is RA will prevail and rugby in WA will wither, or their power will be broken and something entirely new will evolve out of GRR as the only viable alternative. They won't co-exist for long...if GRR is successful, sooner or later RA as it is will have to act to try and either assume control or eliminate it altogether within Australia. They also have the luxury of time and can afford to wait for the chance, most likely when people are stupid enough to trust them a second time.
    RA in its current guise isn't equipped to run a commercial operation such as GRR. Certainly not while it maintains several of the actors within its leadership group that couldn't manage a cold let alone an organisation. So I don't actually envision a scenario where RA will ever be able to assume control. Or really ever be in a position to try. Again, at the very least in its current guise.

I like to think of GRR as a change agent in this regard. One that could benefit everyone. Introducing the concept of the domestic product as a commercial property to be fostered and grown as opposed to it being a development mechanism for the national team. And this is an unpopular opinion at least here but I somewhat agree that at the very least GRR and SR won't co-exist for very long. Nor do I think GRR is the end product.

I actually do think we'll see some sort of reunification in time. In some form. Not in the form of the Tahs, Reds etc. more likely as Sydney, WS, Brisbane etc. And not Union driven for the most part I suspect. At least from an administrative perspective. Much of this will be commercially driven. And while emotion was the catalyst for this initiative it won't always be primary to the organisations decision making.

Last edited by WCRugger; 23-11-18 at 13:06.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    ASIC are getting another kicking in the Banking Royal Commission over their failure to take the NAB to court over breaches. ASIC are as credible as Pulver and Uncle Cam.
    It’s no longer surprising to me that ASIC could not find anything wrong in what happened at the ARU between 2015 and 2017. If they can’t nail the banks, they are hardly going to nail small fry either.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I disagree, right now the only way to move forward is to reign fire down on the RA headquarters like armedgeddon and purge the game of the worst administration in sporting history. Without destroying and breaking apart the power structure strangling the game then Rugby Union will remain paralysed in obscurity. If Global Rapid Rugby can gain ascedency over super rugby it may possibly force change that the gutless administrations from NSWRU, SRU and QRU just will not act on for the good of the game in this country. The best thing Andrew Forrest can do is literally buy up the talent from Super rugby and force RA to the table to negotiate a brand new power structure which rids us all of the whole boys club routine we have become accustomed to. We will not forgive and we certainly will not forget, the day Rugby Australia culled us they started a David vs goliath fight that they just did not see coming, and unfortunately for Rugby Australia they are David and Andrew Forrest with his Mindaroo foundation and every Western Australian behind him is the Goliath. The fight has only just begun!
    You won't see an argument from me in regards to structural change. I'm all for it. I would be happy to see the Unions abolished. And the current power structure purged than maintain the status quo. Run by a professional administration overseen by a professional board. Not one determined by old school tie etc.

Just from a financial perspective this would cut a huge degree of duplication and waste allowing for those savings to be invested in the community game (and no I'm not talking a Brett Papworth & Co. interpretation of it being 11 elite clubs in Sydney) but in juniors and schools programs.

vCash
    "As for my attitude to the saga. Shouldn't have happened. As far as I'm concerned there was justification for choosing the Force over the Rebels. But seeing as it has been subject to judicial and governmental review it wasn't illegal either..........."
    I'm really having trouble with this comment of yours - as its turned out ASIC is hardly proven to be the benchmark of squeaky clean & integrity, and the findings of the Senate stated otherwise the definite suspicion of dirty dealings. I was happy to take your initial posts on board as a fair point of view - but sorry you've lost me now with that remark. Can you seriously believe nothing dodgy happened and on what basis can you say the Force axing was justified? Spare me!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    It’s no longer surprising to me that ASIC could not find anything wrong in what happened at the ARU between 2015 and 2017. If they can’t nail the banks, they are hardly going to nail small fry either.
    I am struggling to see the difference between what Harold Mitchell has been accused of the Rebels sale to Cox. Both went to lower bidders without a proper tender process.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    "As for my attitude to the saga. Shouldn't have happened. As far as I'm concerned there was justification for choosing the Force over the Rebels. But seeing as it has been subject to judicial and governmental review it wasn't illegal either..........."
    I'm really having trouble with this comment of yours - as its turned out ASIC is hardly proven to be the benchmark of squeaky clean & integrity, and the findings of the Senate stated otherwise the definite suspicion of dirty dealings. I was happy to take your initial posts on board as a fair point of view - but sorry you've lost me now with that remark. Can you seriously believe nothing dodgy happened and on what basis can you say the Force axing was justified? Spare me!
    I was referring to the Senate inquiry and court dealings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I am struggling to see the difference between what Harold Mitchell has been accused of the Rebels sale to Cox. Both went to lower bidders without a proper tender process.
    So apparently one is legal -nothing to see here, and the other one is set for Federal Court. Go figure!

vCash
    I'm not sure what your point is WCR . Are you preaching the good news to TWF supporters or seeking out TWF membership or is it something to fill time before the Chaser?

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast