Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Best reason I've heard recently to take up religion!
    https://www.unilad.co.uk/food/fast-f...-troll-vegans/

Name:  marrotarby_syoutube-828x435.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  46.0 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Please Cameron, if you genuinely care for the game of rugby union, tender your resignation from the RA board as soon as possible. You have dragged the game down far enough. Please don’t let it hit absolutely rock bottom. You and your board have the honour and privilege of being the guardians of the code in Australia. You have done nothing to respect that honour and privilege so move over and let someone else fix your mess.
    No way known that Cameron is going anywhere before his junket to Japan later in the year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    No way known that Cameron is going anywhere before his junket to Japan later in the year.
    I know; sadly his first interest is himself and what rugby can do for him.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Isnt his appointment finished in Feb 2020?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Isnt his appointment finished in Feb 2020?
    Under the constitution I think he can re-nominate for another 3 years. The max he can serve is 9 years all up and I reckon he’ll want to do that.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Under the constitution I think he can re-nominate for another 3 years. The max he can serve is 9 years all up and I reckon he’ll want to do that.
    Impossible. Rugby won't survive that long under his tenure.

vCash
    Alan Jones tore seven shades off him in his article. It was beautiful.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Alan Jones tore seven shades off him in his article. It was beautiful.
    Somehow I don't think Cameron Clyne cares what Alan Jones thinks of him.

Player
    vCash
    Castle and Clyne along with the rest of those clowns in the ivory tower get together and convince each other that they are doing a great job. The usual language .... best for the job in challenging times blah blah blah ....... look what we’ve achieved.....blah blah blah . Sorted that pesky religious nut Folau...blah blah blah ....meanwhile rugby goes down the tubes with one massive cock up after another. FFS !

vCash
    Just trying to get me head around the logic of Folau kicked out for dodgy tweets, but Latu who fell asleep drunk behind the wheel & rolled into an intersection is rewarded with a Wallabies spot??? Go figure!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Castle and Clyne along with the rest of those clowns in the ivory tower get together and convince each other that they are doing a great job. The usual language .... best for the job in challenging times blah blah blah ....... look what we’ve achieved.....blah blah blah . Sorted that pesky religious nut Folau...blah blah blah ....meanwhile rugby goes down the tubes with one massive cock up after another. FFS !
    And also:

"Look how good womans rugby is doing as proof we have turned rugby around in this country and to show we are back on track"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Just trying to get me head around the logic of Folau kicked out for dodgy tweets, but Latu who fell asleep drunk behind the wheel & rolled into an intersection is rewarded with a Wallabies spot??? Go figure!
    And further to that; I agree with RA's stance on Folau. Because he broke his word in blatantly contravening the code of conduct and then inflicting ever increasing damage to the game. What I don't get is how JO'C can have punitive clauses put in his contract but somehow Folau could not have had the same - according to RA and RUPA.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The star observer photo explained. Folau only too happy to take the money and do the shoot.. hypocrite or just a fool?

Rugby: Editor reveals how Israel Folau became a gay pin-up boy

26 Jul, 2019 4:00pm 3 minutes to read

Israel Folau supporting gay rugby tournament the Bingham Cup on gay magazine the Star Observer. Photo / SuppliedIsrael Folau supporting gay rugby tournament the Bingham Cup on gay magazine the Star Observer. Photo / Supplied
    news.com.au

Elias Jahshan, who edited the Star Observer from 2013 to 2016, has revealed how Israel Folau ended up on the cover of the gay magazine.

The August 2014 issue has been recirculated regularly since the ex-Wallabies star was sacked by Rugby Australia for posting messages to social media that included homophobic language.

His willingness to pose in support of a gay rugby tournament five years ago seems a head-scratcher and Jahshan — in a piece discussing his time at the magazine, which is celebrating its 40th birthday — has revealed "Folau was never my first choice".

"We initially wanted David Pocock — arguably rugby union's most visible and vocal straight ally for the LGBTQI community (and all-round dream boat) — but he wasn't available. He was also playing for the ACT Brumbies, and I remember the Bingham Cup media team being keen on giving us Waratahs players since Sydney was hosting the event," Jahshan wrote

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertise with NZME.
    "We couldn't interview Folau, but we quoted a Bingham Cup spokesman saying he was against all forms of discrimination. I heard later that Folau had been keen to be part of the photo shoot and had put on a Bingham Cup singlet with enthusiasm. There were genuinely no signs of Folau's homophobia at the time. But perhaps we were all naive.

Star Observer

@star_observer
    Hey Israel Folau – remember when we used to be friends? ��

View image on Twitter
    1:40 PM - Jun 27, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    74 people are talking about this

Having said that, had I known Folau held these views, I would've asked the Bingham Cup to find someone else to be on the cover. The way we couldn't obtain quotes from Folau directly should've been a red flag. But I can honestly say no one saw this coming. The Bingham Cup organisers never hid what they're all about, so Folau definitely would've known what he was signing up for with the photo shoot.

"It has come to a point where I feel smug each time this front page keeps coming back to bite him. It makes Folau look hypocritical and opportunistic. Someone who cared more about his ego, rather than his beliefs. And until he genuinely redeems himself, I trust that Star Observer cover will continue to be used to highlight that hypocrisy."

Folau addressed the cover in a piece for the Players Voice last year. "Since my social media posts were publicised, it has been suggested that I am homophobic and bigoted and that I have a problem with gay people. This could not be further from the truth," he wrote.

"I fronted the cover of the Star Observer magazine to show my support for the Bingham Cup, which is an international gay rugby competition for both men and women. I believe in inclusion. In my heart, I know I do not have any phobia towards anyone."

vCash
    Haha this article is a ripper, and the photo ( remember that one?) is a hoot

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api...8e2b0999bfe762

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I doubt he "signed up" for the shoot. Like most things in the contract he was just sent there for PR.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast