Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

Champion
    vCash
    The USA vs England game at Twickers is on replay at Stan.

Marcel Brache started at fullback and was not embarrassed, until he went off with a HIA after 30 minutes. He few great takes in the air and kicks.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Well looks like the Backline is finalised. That's 16, leaving 19 or 20 positions for the Forwards in the main roster:
    Prior
    McDonald
    Fines-Leleiwasa
    McIntyre
    Kuenzle
    Pasitoa
    Godwin
    Kahui
    Pulu
    Makara
    McGregor
    Strachan
    Mataele
    Ralston
    Lacy
    Tapine
    Pulu is not signed for 2022 according the InnFORCEs list

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Correct signed for one year, but has not been listed or spoken about as a player departing. Hopefully will be in that drip feed of signings over the next week or two

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Pulu has shown himself to be fragile this year, lots of leg/ankle injuries, I'd think mataele is going to replace him. We also have an embarrassment of riches at wing. Kahui, mataele, Ralston, Strachan would be handy, Lacey will struggle to see bench time and he's on contract for next year.I'd be putting the pulu money into an experienced ballplayer/stepper to play 10 or 12, we don't really have that sort of threat in the squad, so we either field an inexperienced combination or put kahui or Godwin at 12, that would give us plenty of midfield crash ball, but it's a lot to put on a young guy like kuenzle to be the only ballplayer in the backline.Maybe that'd work if you had McGregor at 15 to share fist receiver.I still think there's a gap there to be filled in both playing style and mentorship.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Good signing, but have to say just slightly disappointed on a philosophical level that he didn't choose to play for the Drua. They need to be competitive at a whole new level, and Mataele had that sort of experience to bring.

I suspect the Force will cop a bit of criticism from those with agendas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Good signing, but have to say just slightly disappointed on a philosophical level that he didn't choose to play for the Drua. They need to be competitive at a whole new level, and Mataele had that sort of experience to bring.I suspect the Force will cop a bit of criticism from those with agendas.
    I suppose the fact that the drugs haven't been given a license to compete anywhere might have impacted that decision.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Pulu has shown himself to be fragile this year, lots of leg/ankle injuries, I'd think mataele is going to replace him. We also have an embarrassment of riches at wing. Kahui, mataele, Ralston, Strachan would be handy, Lacey will struggle to see bench time and he's on contract for next year.I'd be putting the pulu money into an experienced ballplayer/stepper to play 10 or 12, we don't really have that sort of threat in the squad, so we either field an inexperienced combination or put kahui or Godwin at 12, that would give us plenty of midfield crash ball, but it's a lot to put on a young guy like kuenzle to be the only ballplayer in the backline.Maybe that'd work if you had McGregor at 15 to share fist receiver.I still think there's a gap there to be filled in both playing style and mentorship.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we made a play for Kerevi. I am assuming he will be looking for a team after the olympics and if he signs shortly for 2022 he will be available for the Wallabies.

I know a lot of people don't rate him but he would be a good experienced player to have at 12 outside McIntyre/Kuenzle/Pasitoa and can get us over the gain line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we made a play for Kerevi. I am assuming he will be looking for a team after the olympics and if he signs shortly for 2022 he will be available for the Wallabies. I know a lot of people don't rate him but he would be a good experienced player to have at 12 outside McIntyre/Kuenzle/Pasitoa and can get us over the gain line
    True, he does add the experience at 12, but I think he's too similar to Kahui and Godwin.He might be able to change his game up like paisami has, but I think it's a big ask. Paisami has really removed all memory of kerevi in Queensland simply by adding a passing and kicking game to a skillset that was essentially the same.I'd be hoping for a 12 more in the Matt giteau mild, because it's a different style to what we already have (I'm talking young giteau when all he wanted to do was dance through the line, not middle-years giteau when he used multiple teams to learn how to play 10)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I suppose the fact that the drugs haven't been given a license to compete anywhere might have impacted that decision.
    Your auto-correct is becoming legendary.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Still need another Prop and Lock. Good signings would include Cabous Eloff and Seru Uru.

vCash
    Good to see the trio being locked in.

Reading between the lines it seems to confirm that Timani and Thrush will still be around next year

"“Jackson is an exceptional player who is very mobile and we’re expecting big things from him. He’s got great experience around him with Jeremy Thrush and Sita Timani, so I’m sure he will learn from them and develop his game even further."

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think it has been confirmed elsewhere that Thrush, Kahui and Holmes will be wider squad members with big academy roles. Perfect option if you ask me. Gives depth but allows junior talent to come through.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think it has been confirmed elsewhere that Thrush, Kahui and Holmes will be wider squad members with big academy roles. Perfect option if you ask me. Gives depth but allows junior talent to come through.
    Absolutely. Also, does this change which bag of gold they are being paid from? Some from the Players' salary bag, and some from the coaching bag? And if so, does this help with the salary cap?

vCash
    If we have Timani, Rodda and Thrush next year (even if Thrush is a player/coach) then will players like McCauley and Pugh be frustrated for game time?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, I don't think I'd play Thrush unless injuries occur. Greg Holmes and Kahui- off the bench would be best.

I'd be looking at starting Rodda and Timani (assuming Timani is staying on) along with FLW at 6 and Anstee at 8. Koteka at 7. I'd play Pugh and Callan from the bench. Figure Pugh covers 6, FLW to lock. I'm not a McCauley fan. If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast