Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: "Warning homosexuals, hell awaits you, repent" - Israel Folau

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Alison and Sheikh hit the nail on the head.

Hoping for a process similar to what happened to soccer in Australia bout 15 years ago (Google Crawford report if you really want details) where they should set up a board and process that is equitable to the rest of Australia, not just 2 states.

Absolute bonus would be the Wallabies being reduced to Minnow status but that might be a reach.
    Thanks Jargs, not being a soccer man I had forgotten all about this, but probably had little time for it when it did happen anyway.

I just had a read of this link (wiki is always right isn't it?) and it reads exactly like the current situation Rugby is in and also has the recovery options required. Replace a few names, some dates and tournaments and the resemblance is uncanny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_R...view_Committee

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    We can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.

vCash
    Alison and Sheikh hit the nail on the head.

Hoping for a process similar to what happened to soccer in Australia bout 15 years ago (Google Crawford report if you really want details) where they should set up a board and process that is equitable to the rest of Australia, not just 2 states.

Absolute bonus would be the Wallabies being reduced to Minnow status but that might be a reach.
    Well I gave you a quick there Jargs. But I took it back just as quick when I read the last line.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well I gave you a quick there Jargs. But I took it back just as quick when I read the last line.
    Give it back you wanker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Thanks Jargs, not being a soccer man I had forgotten all about this, but probably had little time for it when it did happen anyway.

I just had a read of this link (wiki is always right isn't it?) and it reads exactly like the current situation Rugby is in and also has the recovery options required. Replace a few names, some dates and tournaments and the resemblance is uncanny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_R...view_Committee

Does anybody know how to create a Wikipedia page? I was thinking perhaps copy and paste the 2003_Report_of_the_Independent_Soccer_Review_Commi ttee, change the title to 2019 & rugby, and change some of the details inside. Would be good to stir the pot and have a laugh at the same time...

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    Give it back you wanker
    Nup.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I definitely wasn't aware of the failure of Aus Soccer.

My vision of Jargs wish. was a shut down of Rugby Australia which then forced the shut down of the State and lower administrative bodies.

Technically from a purely Rugby management structural point of view. The closure of RugbyAustralia would force the shutdown of Rugby competitions across Australia. No matches of Rugby would be allowed to be played in Australia at the Test Match level, Super Rugby, to the Under 5s at Kalamunda.

It would also include Global Rapid Rugby Matches in Australia but not that whole competition. Because of it being based in Hong Kong.

Jargs I get what you are saying - I kind of hope that you saying it tongue in cheek.

Be careful what you wish for.

I have just started my first season as Coach this year. I would hate to have to stop.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I definitely wasn't aware of the failure of Aus Soccer.

My vision of Jargs wish. was a shut down of Rugby Australia which then forced the shut down of the State and lower administrative bodies.

Technically from a purely Rugby management structural point of view. The closure of RugbyAustralia would force the shutdown of Rugby competitions across Australia. No matches of Rugby would be allowed to be played in Australia at the Test Match level, Super Rugby, to the Under 5s at Kalamunda.

It would also include Global Rapid Rugby Matches in Australia but not that whole competition. Because of it being based in Hong Kong.

Jargs I get what you are saying - I kind of hope that you saying it tongue in cheek.

Be careful what you wish for.

I have just started my first season as Coach this year. I would hate to have to stop.
    What are you basing that scenario on X? Football didn't stop all over the country 15 years ago, though I'm not sure the circumstances were exactly the same.

Junior coaching or jumping straight into 1st grade?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    What are you basing that scenario on X? Football didn't stop all over the country 15 years ago, though I'm not sure the circumstances were exactly the same.

Its all theoretical opinion of mine, and mine alone.

Any official Rugby match is played under the Authority of World Rugby and its member unions. The structure of World Rugby is hierarchical.

For example, Nedlands Rugby Union Football Club is a member of RugbyWA who is a member of Rugby Australia who is a full voting rights member of World Rugby.

Take one of these organisations out of the chain and authority for a particular game to be played is no longer there. The loss of the Member Union - in this case, Rugby Australia I believe that technically Rugby Teams and even Referees are no longer registered or Insured.

This is, of course, an extreme circumstance - I would imagine should Jargs dream scenario occur. An Administrator or an Administrative Council would be appointed. Thus allowing for matches and tournaments to continue.

Junior coaching or jumping straight into 1st grade?
    I'm Coaching Third Grade.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    X, in your scenario if Rugby Australia were to be removed from the chain, then there would be no national body to say you *couldn't* play rugby , although you would have to get the refs on your side, as they are also controlled via RA.

I'd imagine that if the national body did go bust and have to shutdown, the state bodies would move to pick up the slack (and possibly start lobbying for an even more uneven replacement, but hey, I'm often told I'm too cynical!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    X, in your scenario if Rugby Australia were to be removed from the chain, then there would be no national body to say you *couldn't* play rugby , although you would have to get the refs on your side, as they are also controlled via RA.

I'd imagine that if the national body did go bust and have to shutdown, the state bodies would move to pick up the slack (and possibly start lobbying for an even more uneven replacement, but hey, I'm often told I'm too cynical!)
    This is all theoretical and I am willing to concede that I am wrong.

The State Unions would have to form a new national body. and that body would have to be acknowledged by World Rugby.

This is the same reason why Andrew Forrest had Pinochet, Michael Lynagh and others to ensure that GRR wasn't a "Rebel" competition and why they joined up with Hong Kong Rugby when they found Rugby Australia too slow to get their shit together.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Which bit?

The soccer style investigation and restructure? That would be great for the game as RA is not going to change without being forced to. Fairly certain that grass roots soccer continued being run by state associations while the national body sorted itself out.

The Wallabies becoming a minnow? That would be amazing.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Which bit?

The Wallabies becoming a minnow? That would be amazing.
    That would break my heart.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Which bit?

The soccer style investigation and restructure? That would be great for the game as RA is not going to change without being forced to. Fairly certain that grass roots soccer continued being run by state associations while the national body sorted itself out.

The Wallabies becoming a minnow? That would be inevitable.
    fixed

C'mon the

vCash
    That would break my heart.
    Why?

Rugby Australia shat all over Rugby here in the west.

The Wallabies = "The side for all Australians (so long as you live on the East Coast of the country)"

Every story I see about Rugby Australia struggling brings me so much joy I expect Marie Kondo to jump out from behind a wall.

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast