Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Folau and GRR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I am reluctant to get involved in this discussion but I'll throw my 2 cents worth in anyway. I don't believe all the sinners mentioned by IF (probably covers all of us) make that list by choice. Let's look at just two - drunks and liars.
    I work in addiction rehabilitation. I have not met an alcoholic yet who was an alcoholic by choice. It is a debilitating condition that can ruin a persons life, so who would make that a life style choice? If you say 'just stop drinking' then you are making light of a very serious condition.
    As for liars I had a friend who would lie just as a matter of course. She suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder and the lying is just one symptom in a list of anti-social behaviours related directly to her disorder. Lying itself may not be a mental health issue but is certainly a symptom of a number of personality disorders/mental health issues.

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psy...mpulsive-lying
    There is something deeply concerning about your post when comparing it to people who are homosexual. There are so many more elements of freewill with the above two examples than one who is born gay. I think you are really clutching at straws to be quite honest.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    There is something deeply concerning about your post when comparing it to people who are homosexual. There are so many more elements of freewill with the above two examples than one who is born gay. I think you are really clutching at straws to be quite honest.
    I did not mention homosexuals or compare anyone with homosexuals. I was simply pointing out that being a 'drunk' or a 'liar' can be a more complicated issue rather than a clear choice.

vCash
    I did not mention homosexuals or compare anyone with homosexuals. I was simply pointing out that being a 'drunk' or a 'liar' can be a more complicated issue rather than a clear choice.
    I agree.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    The only person comparing Todds post with homosexuals is you.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    As for liars I had a friend who would lie just as a matter of course.
    Thinking about that; are the RA mainly objecting one of Folau's targets as a distraction to what's really offending them? Might they be worried that his sermons might start to track their record of telling the truth over the past few years now he's in the spotlight?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Thinking about that; are the RA mainly objecting one of Folau's targets as a distraction to what's really offending them? Might they be worried that his sermons might start to track their record of telling the truth over the past few years now he's in the spotlight?
    RA don't have a choice. As has been shown in the past, very few companies stand by their sponsored athletes or sponsored organisations when there's been disreputable shenanigans, especially when it comes to LBTG stuff. Big companies are very, very conscious about appearing to be pro LBTG hence the reason all of Folau's sponsors have deserted him and if RA stood by him, Qantas would drop RA in a flash. Any other sponsors would quickly follow suit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3