Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow!!!

vCash
    Someone get Jedi a time machine because he loves brining up the past.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Was always going to be tough for Japan backing up 4 days after beating South Africa, which necessitated 6 changes. They can't really afford to lose their last two matches but hopefully 10 and 7 day breaks and familiar opposition mean they still have realistic hopes of making the quarters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I could not believe watching Scotland how many foreigners they had. The one that really feels wrong to me is John Hardie, a few weeks ago he was playing for the highlanders and had never ever been to Scotland!
    Scotland is not alone with this though. How many All Blacks and Wallabies hail from other countries. Hardie qualifies through Scottish grand parents, as does Maitland. I'm pretty sure it's only Visser, Nel and Strauss that have qualified through residency.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Was always going to be tough for Japan backing up 4 days after beating South Africa, which necessitated 6 changes. They can't really afford to lose their last two matches but hopefully 10 and 7 day breaks and familiar opposition mean they still have realistic hopes of making the quarters.
    Yeah, Japan put in pretty good effort, but the little things that tended to go for them against the Saffas weren't quite adding up this time. A few errors and Scotland going for their penalty kicks made a difference. And then the Scots took their chances well in the 2nd half to finish them off.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    Scotland is not alone with this though. How many All Blacks and Wallabies hail from other countries. Hardie qualifies through Scottish grand parents, as does Maitland. I'm pretty sure it's only Visser, Nel and Strauss that have qualified through residency.
    I get the residency one and everyone uses this eg Henry Speight. I think this should be extended to probably 5 years instead of 3 though.

But I still don't agree with the Hardie one. Name me any Wallaby or All Black who has played for them without ever living in that country?

If the Wallabies suddenly found out that Robbie Fruen or Ardie Savea for example had an Australian grandmother what would the reaction be if they got called up to our world cup squad?

Champion
    vCash
    If you fire guys in that don't even live in the country you cheapen the jersey and all those who wore it before you. You piss the local supporters off and what about the guy that has trained his gut's out for the last 4 years just for this chance only to have it ripped away at the death knock, the actual squad members would also be pissed off.
    You're whole development system is falling down if you have to go down this road.
    Interesting stats on Foreign born players playing in World Cup
    Samoa 13
    Wales 11
    Scotland 11
    France 10
    Australia 9
    Ireland 5
    New Zealand 5
    England 3
    South Africa 1

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    ...and the Japan stat?
    Is it almost 15?

vCash

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    ...and the Japan stat?
    Is it almost 15?
    11 - same as Wales and Scotland. You just notice them because they don't 'blend in'.

vCash
    BUGGER! Just checked into our hotel in Chiang Mai - been staying here 10 years. They've now got Fox Sports 2 .

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Swing low now you f**** chariot!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash

vCash
    The fox weenies were saying Australia would prefer a draw, but somehow I'm not disappointed by this result.

Now for us to smash Wales and top the pool with a get out of jail free card against the unwashed

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Best game at the cup so far was SA v Samoa. The Bok backlash was to be expected but no one saw this coming. Massive collisions and plenty of positivity with ball in hand. Awesome game to watch and refreshing to see Barnes actually making the big calls without constant TMO interference.
    Will be a Tri Nations Cup winner this year and take your pick out of any one of those 3.
    Northern hemisphere rugby just won't cut this one, it seems on a different plane.
    If Samoa's Tim Nanai Williams was playing for anyone that will progress out of pool play he would be player of the tournament.
    Did Matfield dye his beard because last week I'm sure it had a lot more grey's, he went bloody well.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Swing low now you f**** chariot!
    GIGS; have you got a gig ghost writing for the English press? Apparently the loss was the Mungo's according to some of them.
    Even if a draw was better for us I still enjoyed that. Swing low, indeed. Thought it was pretty disrespectful singing that at the Japan-Scotland game the other day.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast