Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies v Argentina - 15 September 2018

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Wallabies get paid each payday - Nowadays it would go directly into a bank account

In the olden days, it would be a cheque. Who signs the Cheque and which bank account does it come from? Rugby Australia.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I don't represent an entire state. I watched the game. RA updated things on Facebook, so I posted this:

I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed and shocked about the lack of skills and execution in an international rugby match. I think I'll stick to watching the NRC fora while until Rugby Australia sorts itself out.

My opinion and nothing to do with where I live or which local team I support.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Lukhan Tui incident
    Tui should not have been selected after death of step father mid week.

Wallabies:
    Cheika has lost the dressing room. He has to go, along with his assistant. A complete change of management required.

Rugby:
    The RA needs to be wound up and replaced with a completely new organisation with new constitution not beholden to QLD and/or NSW Unions

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Im trying to understand which part you are all upset about.

The fact that (collectively) you are all doing exactly what Wayne Smith says.

Are you upset that you have been called out?

Or are you somehow being misrepresented?
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Sorry bud. But your Rat's Arse devil's advocate act is getting over the top. Not all, and I suspect not many really are doing "exactly what Wayne Smith says"............You can't rationalise people into agreeing with your opinion. It has the potential to do your head in, even if you are on the money - in a few cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Look I get that you're still a Wallaby fanboy, I don't care about that, but when you defend a journo for lazy and biased reporting, you know I'm going to call you on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Its certainly hard to stomach when I get attacked by Mates.

Yes, I am a Wallaby FanBoy.

Have a nice day.

I love youse all.

X
    Well, I'm pretty sure GIGS and I still count ourselves as your mates and I'm pretty sure we'll still be on drinking terms next time the opportunity arises. Like GIGS, said we were just taking you up on the point of you defending and seemingly agreeing with, Wayne Smith's lazily lumping all of us - the entire state - together as death-riding the Wallabies. It's just a relatively small number of people. Not watching or going to games is not the same. And our choice. I don't see either of your mates attacking you personally - just opinions. So - your shout.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I don't see either of your mates attacking you personally - just opinions. So - your shout.
    Hear Hear,

Unfortunately I'm restricted to gluten free beer these days, so you're going to have to look around a bit.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hear Hear,

Unfortunately I'm restricted to gluten free beer these days, so you're going to have to look around a bit.
    Whiskey is gluten free.

Player
    vCash
    Wayne Smiths first sentence was accurate. The toxicity and poison that’s Australian Rugby ....this is the sole responsibility of RA to solve . As detailed by those in the know.absolutely squat is being done to address this ....if they.. (RA )cannot attempt to resolve the situation then get out and let someone else do it .
    Smith talks of vitriol etc on social media where there is no accountability.
    How about RA fronting up and meeting face to face with fans administrators and interested parties in Town Hall meetings where there will be accountability on all sides ...... ( if pigs could fly )

vCash
    Has anyone in WA rugby circles heard anything from Castle since her first ill advised visit? Anything at all?

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Has anyone in WA rugby circles heard anything from Castle since her first ill advised visit? Anything at all?

When Raelene came on her listening tour in January, I made it clear to her that if she was serious about mending fences with the WA rugby community, she needed to do and be seen to be doing something real and tangible to win us back. Personally, I feel like I am still waiting to be wooed back. And I suspect I’m not alone in that.

Actions always speak louder than words.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Of course, she has told us that she suffers from alopecia, she told us the Izzy text was the toughest issue she has had to deal with, she told us that Karmichael from the Reds had been busted with drugs, she told us that James Slipper from the Reds had tested positive for cocaine, she told that the Wallabies performances were not acceptable after the Ireland Tour but that she supported Chieka and that he had a plan and she was right across that plan.

Did I miss anything?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Nope just like Ross Xenos last year Castle has made a few murmurs before complete utter silence. Although she did use the RA funds to fly business and splurge on lunches/ drinking and dining and touring Perth city, when there was no desire to make amends.

We still havent heard what RugbyAustralia's great big plan is for Western Australia and the Force, probably because they never really had one and hoped we would all forget about rugby and the Force and move on to other sports. Clearly that didnt happen and now the RA find themselves in a position where they could very well be moved on, by us, the fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    When Raelene came on her listening tour in January, I made it clear to her that if she was serious about mending fences with the WA rugby community, she needed to do and be seen to be doing something real and tangible to win us back. Personally, I feel like I am still waiting to be wooed back. And I suspect I’m not alone in that.

Actions always speak louder than words.
    I mentioned in my email to Raelene that the RA need to be on the ground in WA. FIFOs for three days don't count.

Spartan to answer your question about RUPA Toby Duncan is the interim CEO and you are right they have done sweet fa. It is in their interests to have six pro teams in Australia in the case of the Western Sydney side getting up with the NRC under it as it increases their membership base.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It would be an interesting question exactly what relationship exists between RUPA and WSR. It would have gone completely unaddressed when they negotiated the last CBA because it didn't exist. They'll be gearing up for another round of negotiations next year, so I wonder what their plans are for including WSR...?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I imagine that Ms Castle's time is almost totally occupied by
    1. continually having to find money to plug that black hole in Melbourne,
    2. trying to second guess what SANZAAR will do about Super Rugby post 2020, and
    3. managing the ménage à trois which is ARU-NSWRU-QRU.

Last edited by FingerTips; 19-09-18 at 11:00.

vCash
    3 ménage à quarte, you forgot SRU

C'mon the

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast