Thread: Rambling Thoughts ....

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Rambling Thoughts ....

Sometimes, late at night, and in the wee dark hours of the morning, when I wake from a nightmare in a cold sweat, my fevered mind turns itself to the great rugby issues of the moment.

Now is such a time.

ISSUE 1.
    Who are the bastards that did burnouts on West's rugby pitch, causing extensive damage, and causing their home game against Nedlands to be transferred to the Foreshore? It was a low disgusting act, and I hope they are caught, preferably by Rangi in a dark corner with a baseball bat handy. I know what it takes to keep a rugby pitch fit for use week after week after normal wear and tear, and to have bogans do this is heart breaking.

ISSUE 2.
    After the near record July rains most pitches are saturated.
    A significant area of Kalamunda's main pitch was ankle deep in mud and had puddles in it, where a duck chose to land, paddle and forage while the first grade game was being played today. No, seriously!
    Between Monday and next Saturday about a further 80 to 100 millimeters of rain are expected to fall in the metro area. if this happens, nearly all grounds will be a quagmire, and low lying ones, such as the Foreshore and Tompkins Park, which are barely above the water table in a dry season, will be under water.
    Any contingency plans in place?

ISSUE 3.
    How many of you think the Wallabies will now be allowed to play in WA this year? Thought so.
    Spare an extra thought for the likes of Nedlands and other clubs who have organised pre game long lunches with celebrity guests who in all possibility won't be coming? I don't know what the answer is, but again they had better be prepared, to avoid ill feeling and recriminations if the expected occurs.

ISSUE 4.
    Word is that a couple of clubs are reconsidering their position in First Grade following their hasty and ill fated admission into the senior competition. And let's be honest, there are a couple of other clubs that should be doing the same, whether they admit it or not.
    I trust that this is a decision that is not left until March/April next year to resolve, or worse, to be confronted after the next season commences.

Now back to my nightmares.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Point 1 and 2 yes that sucks (particularly 1) I would assume most players are of the type to suggest we "just get on and play the game" barring actual safety concerns, other cliches are likely to surface such as "were not playing tiddlywinks" and "it's the same for everyone" forwards would suggest that the backs are the problem and talk about hairstyles and the rugby world would continue to revolve.

Would there be any appetite for a temporary cessation of hostilities until ground conditions improved? I would think not.

Point 3, to paraphrase a great prime minister, anybody who complains that a long lunch is cancelled because the keynote speaker is locked out of the state by the government is a bum.

I'd be more concerned about the costs incurred in cancelling caterers at short notice and having to bear the cost of that whilst issuing refunds. One would hope most ticket holders would accept a partial refund.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Spare a thought for this little duck who in all likelihood:

won't be flying to Perth.

won't be attending a long-lunch

won't be catching up with Rugby mates new and old

won't be seeing family for the first time in 5 years

won't be attending Bledisloe.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Spare a thought for this little duck who in all likelihood:

won't be flying to Perth.

won't be attending a long-lunch

won't be catching up with Rugby mates new and old

won't be seeing family for the first time in 5 years

won't be attending Bledisloe.
    A lot can happen in a few weeks, X, but its not looking good at the moment is it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    A lot can happen in a few weeks, X, but its not looking good at the moment is it!
    Probably off topic given we're in the WA Metro Rugby sub but Sydney will be in lockdown until October at this rate, especially after the bunch of smooth brains protesting their Freedumb on Saturday.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Probably off topic given we're in the WA Metro Rugby sub but Sydney will be in lockdown until October at this rate, especially after the bunch of smooth brains protesting their Freedumb on Saturday.
    Someone tonight suggested Lockdown till Christmas.

The mouth breathers are out there.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Someone tonight suggested Lockdown till Christmas.

The mouth breathers are out there.
    But Freedom and Democracy...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    But Freedom and Democracy...
    with a triple word score makes 87 points.

Anyone want to talk about which part of the Australian Constitution details our Rights?

Exile
    Sydney

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Sometimes, late at night, and in the wee dark hours of the morning, when I wake from a nightmare in a cold sweat, my fevered mind turns itself to the great rugby issues of the moment.

Now is such a time.

ISSUE 1.
    Who are the bastards that did burnouts on West's rugby pitch, causing extensive damage, and causing their home game against Nedlands to be transferred to the Foreshore? It was a low disgusting act, and I hope they are caught, preferably by Rangi in a dark corner with a baseball bat handy. I know what it takes to keep a rugby pitch fit for use week after week after normal wear and tear, and to have bogans do this is heart breaking.

ISSUE 2.
    After the near record July rains most pitches are saturated.
    A significant area of Kalamunda's main pitch was ankle deep in mud and had puddles in it, where a duck chose to land, paddle and forage while the first grade game was being played today. No, seriously!
    Between Monday and next Saturday about a further 80 to 100 millimeters of rain are expected to fall in the metro area. if this happens, nearly all grounds will be a quagmire, and low lying ones, such as the Foreshore and Tompkins Park, which are barely above the water table in a dry season, will be under water.
    Any contingency plans in place?

ISSUE 3.
    How many of you think the Wallabies will now be allowed to play in WA this year? Thought so.
    Spare an extra thought for the likes of Nedlands and other clubs who have organised pre game long lunches with celebrity guests who in all possibility won't be coming? I don't know what the answer is, but again they had better be prepared, to avoid ill feeling and recriminations if the expected occurs.

ISSUE 4.
    Word is that a couple of clubs are reconsidering their position in First Grade following their hasty and ill fated admission into the senior competition. And let's be honest, there are a couple of other clubs that should be doing the same, whether they admit it or not.
    I trust that this is a decision that is not left until March/April next year to resolve, or worse, to be confronted after the next season commences.

Now back to my nightmares.
    https://www.facebook.com/RugbyWAComm...3099213867020/

Is the Peter Kimlin playing for Cottesloe the same Peter Kimlin who has played 2 tests for the Wallabies or just a coincidence? Would be unlike Cott to pull off a recruitment coup on the eve of finals. Interestingly looking at the last 2 weeks team sheets for Cott #6 was "name withheld"

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/RugbyWAComm...3099213867020/

Is the Peter Kimlin playing for Cottesloe the same Peter Kimlin who has played 2 tests for the Wallabies or just a coincidence? Would be unlike Cott to pull off a recruitment coup on the eve of finals. Interestingly looking at the last 2 weeks team sheets for Cott #6 was "name withheld"
    he's been around for a while.he has mates from Sydney down there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Interestingly looking at the last 2 weeks team sheets for Cott #6 was "name withheld"
    Week in week out pretty much every team has at least one "name withheld" in their team. I don't know why this is, but have a theory about it. Along the lines of Privacy Act. Still don't know why this would be...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Week in week out pretty much every team has at least one "name withheld" in their team. I don't know why this is, but have a theory about it. Along the lines of Privacy Act. Still don't know why this would be...
    Possibly is Dan Crowley.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

It's an opt in/opt out tick box on Rugby Explorer. It's a joke that Premier Grade team lists can have "name withheld"

Senior Player
    vCash
    Mandurah have called time on the Cavs experiment from next year. Rockingham still intends to play premier grade rugby.