Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The future of rockingham

Player
    vCash

The future of rockingham

only about 30 players training a few better ones already jumped ship are rocky to be exiled again

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I dunno, Westie is saying similar things about Wests.....it seems as though we will have a four team prems comp soon!

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Plenty of room for joondalup then.

Player
    vCash
    Rugby wa allowed new clubs to be formed even though they were told it would cause trouble down the track but as usual they no best rocky will not field a Prem team this year .
    The only way to have a Prem team in the south is to amalgamate the three clubs but I can't see that happening soon

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Plenty of room for joondalup then.
    watch brothers play curtain and althou we had there measure still a long way off prems and 2 nds will be a good test this year . sad news about rocky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    only about 30 players training a few better ones already jumped ship are rocky to be exiled again
    That's not good. If it looks like Prems are going to be getting pumped, perhaps WARU could allow Rocky to field a 2s and 3s only?

Champion
    vCash
    Rocky have announced today that they will not be fielding a 1st Grade team this season. Anyone with an interest in local club rugby would find this news to be very disturbing. Anyone at the Force game on Saturday night would or should have been approached by a Wests club member myself included giving out flyers in an effort to boost our playing numbers and what struck me as odd was the fact that one out of every 4-5 people I approached lived down Rocky way. The interest in rugby down that way must be huge so not too sure why that hasn't had a flow on effect. Rocky obviously tried to hang in there for as long as possible to give themselves every chance but in the end it proved too hard. Sad day for rugby

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I find this news to be very disturbing!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Westies - noting that there is no spot for Rocky in reserves, does this put their top team in Championship A, or elsewhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Wests club member myself included giving out flyers in an effort to boost our playing numbers and what struck me as odd was the fact that one out of every 4-5 people I approached lived down Rocky way.
    we're you at gate 4 Westie?

Don't forget, out of those 1 in 4, only 1 in 4 was interested in playing Perth club rugby. A fair proportion of the other three were Mungos, pissheads or just turning up to see an NZ team thump an Aussie team, regardless of whether they knew anything about what was going on.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Now that you mention it there were a ton of bros with the glazed over bloodshot eyes look that only 8 cones could do that were mungos

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 24-03-14 at 18:09.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=GIGS20;374684]we're you at gate 4 Westie?

Yes I was and I met Muddly for the first time with his distinctive beard and he won't be copping any more shit from me cos he's a bloody fair sized unit

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    westie will you other prems coachs stack your 2 s when you play brothers considering prems will now have abye???

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ben hur View Post
    westie will you other prems coachs stack your 2 s when you play brothers considering prems will now have abye???
    I think most teams will be thankful for a chance to rest the guys who are going to need it.
    But yes, it wont make it any easier for Brothers. I cant see Reserve grade coaches not taking advantage of a larger than usual squad to pick from, certainly from those clubs who carry fresh reserves each week.
    A big shame but with the feedback from the weekend trial unfortunately not a big surprise. It is ridiculous having three clubs near each other yet not having the capacity to have a prems set up. Why is there not a Subies set up who feed a Prems side? Surely this has to be looked at at higher levels.
    Unfortunate though, I always enjoy the banter in the bar down there (although I dont know if Ill miss the try scoring song!).

Champion
    vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ben hur View Post
    I'm not the coach however the week off would be welcomed by prem coaches you would think unless things you have no control over like us having the bye after Rocky so you would give those that needed a run a hitout otherwise you would have 1st grade players having a 3 week gap[How do I hide that I edited this post]

Last edited by westies man; 25-03-14 at 13:44.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast