Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Pulver appearing in Perth!

vCash

Spill the beans Pulver!

Rotten to the core, the Senate will hopefully be able to ask the leading questions!
    Name:  IMG_0131.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  26.2 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Go in the church. Up to first floor

Player
    vCash
    What paper is that Val?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    The West

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...85b694ffec9cfc

Great to hear that the EARU plan may not work out the way they wanted!! More of this news the better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...85b694ffec9cfc

Great to hear that the EARU plan may not work out the way they wanted!! More of this news the better
    Paywalled.

Player
    vCash
    The article smells like an ARU leak - https://www.pressreader.com/australi...82389809658690 ... of the "we tried but were doublecrossed" genre.

Player
    vCash

vCash
    AUSTRALIAN rugby may have a fight on its hands to keep Wallabies star Adam Coleman, with rich European clubs again circling the giant lock in the wake of the Force’s closure.

Revelations that Coleman is being targeted by overseas raiders came as it was also confirmed Irish giants Munster are not only interested in coach Dave Wessels, they’re currently wooing him in Ireland.

The Melbourne Rebels have long hoped to pick up Coleman and Wessels but that is increasingly a far-from straight forward proposition.
    Adam Coleman is looking for a new team following the Western Force being axed from Super Rugby.

Coleman rejected huge money from French clubs to re-sign with the ARU late last year through to 2019; but in no small way due to his loyalty to the Force.

Under a deal struck between RUPA and the ARU about possible paths for ex-Force players, one option is for players to be granted a release.

As a result, it is understood Coleman is firmly back on the radar of big clubs in France and England, who can comfortably outspend the ARU and Super franchises.

Andrew Forrest’s new Indo-Pacific competition may offer the chance to boost Coleman’s income in Australia but there are no timelines on when — or if — those sketched plans will become any more concrete.

Sources say a significant factor in the Coleman’s future will be where Wessels ends up.

The Daily Telegraph reported last week that the Rebels had a rival for Wessels’ signature in the form of Munster, who are searching for a new head of rugby to replace Rassie Erasmus.

Erasmus — who is returning to be Springbok head of rugby — first employed Wessels at the Stormers in 2008.

It is understood Wessels is currently in Ireland to meet with Munster executives.

Erasmus told Irish media he believed Wessels would be a good fit for the two-time European champs.

“His name was in the mix in July and there are a few names I saw, so I think he is one of a few good candidates,” Erasmus said.

“I’m not sure how close they are really to finalising that, but he is one of the good options. I know him really well. He was defence coach at the Brumbies, head coach at the Force. He is an intelligent guy, I can vouch for his character.”

Informed sources say Wessels remains interested in joining the Rebels but is negotiating to bring as many as 14 ex-Force players with him, including Coleman and Dane Haylett-Petty.

The Rebels are believed to only have space for nine or 10, however.

Another contentious issue that could also impact Wessel’s plans for a mass Force migration is the Super Rugby salary cap.

The ARU are yet to make a call on whether the $5 million salary cap will be relaxed for the 2018 to fit in all the Force players, who have been promised all contracts will be honoured.

Some states have been doing business on the understanding the salary cap will not flex, however, and are unhappy at the prospect of the Rebels being allowed to recruit all the Force talent and blow their cap. Melbourne have already signed Will Genia for next year.

It is understood officials from each Australian franchise will meet with the ARU in the next week to thrash out the issue.

The Brumbies picked up a good signing in Force backrower Isi Naisarani on Tuesday. The Fijian no. 8 won the Nathan Sharpe medal for best Force player this season.

* ARU chief executive Bill Pulver will front a Senate inquiry hearing in Perth on Wednesday to answers questions about “The Future of Rugby Union in Australia”.

The inquiry was created by WA senator Linda Reynolds in the wake of the Force’s axing. The terms of reference focus on why the Force were shut down and the impact on Australian rugby’s national footprint.

The hearing will be chaired by Senator Rachel Siewert (Greens WA), and have three other WA senators: Slade Brockman (Lib), Reynolds (Lib) and Louise Pratt (Lab). Labor senators Sam Dastyari and Murray Watt will also sit on the panel.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ru...85b694ffec9cfc

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Paywalled again.

I just googled "Adam Coleman"

vCash
    I'm just wondering if Pulver is gonna try doing a deal with Twiggy/Sinders to trade getting our IP back for a get out of jail card. I hope not-when it all comes out the ARU have no justification to not give it back in addition for the lot of them going to hell!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I'm just wondering if Pulver is gonna try doing a deal with Twiggy/Sinders to trade getting our IP back for a get out of jail card. I hope not-when it all comes out the ARU have no justification to not give it back in addition for the lot of them going to hell!
    Would rather we were called something else then deal with the devil!

vCash
    I'm going to ask him at half time if i get the chance

Rookie
    vCash
    Is that when they bring out the oranges?

Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    I'm going to ask him at half time if i get the chance

Champion
    vCash
    Has anyone asked for a breakdown of the 28 million because the bit I listened to he keeps harping on about it. I lost the plot and had to turn it off

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast