Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

Champion
    vCash
    Story in The West about Mataele AND chasing Blake Ferguson AND Rodda to play against BoP. Can't get behind the paywall waiting for someone to get it for me. Any helpers?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Mataele and Pulu in a class above the rest, Tapine and Ralston young and learning their craft and should be blooded slowly. Brache and Lacy not in the same league, although great team men and alround nice guys. Kahui is a centre first and only backed up on the wing due to injuries and a need to have him on the field.
    Don't doubt Mataele and Pulu are class. Hope they are signed. Kahui has been playing on the Wing keeping others out. My points is we have guys already signed for next year who you describe (and I agree) as "not in the same league, although great team men and alround nice guys". You can only have so many players! I asked before about the squad size limit but maybe no one knows. Unless some of the players that are already signed for next year are let go, I don't see how you can accommodate these rumoured new signs and also re-sign Kuridrani and Taefu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Story in The West about Mataele AND chasing Blake Ferguson AND Rodda to play against BoP. Can't get behind the paywall waiting for someone to get it for me. Any helpers?
    Cannot get behind the paywall but here is SMH article on Force going for Fergusson.

This will be another huge get, he is a talented individual that seems to have put his past problems behind him

Similar to the end of last season we again appear to be the team making waves on the recruitment front. What a pleasant change

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash

Champion
    vCash
    Got it

Western Force make audacious bid for NRL star Blake Ferguson, snare flyer Manasa Mataele from the Crusaders
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Thu, 17 June 2021 1:32PM
    Nick Taylor

Western Force have made an audacious bid for former State of Origin winger Blake Ferguson and snared Crusaders flyer Manasa Mataele as they rebuild for next season.
    Ferguson, who is out of favour with Parramatta Eels coach Brad Arthur, has slid from Origin reckoning to reserve grade, and remains unsigned for next season.
    The 31-year-old has played seven times for Australia, made nine State of Origin appearances for NSW and also played for Cronulla Sharks, Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters.
    He has represented the Indigenous All Stars and Country NSW in a 12-year NRL career.
    Mataele, 25, who returned to the Crusaders last year after a lengthy stint on the sidelines with injury, made his debut for the Christchurch-based side in 2017.
    He played for the Fiji under-18 side before moving to New Zealand, joining the Taranaki academy and being selected for their provincial side.
    He is set to make his debut for Fiji against the All Blacks next month after a breakout season with the Crusaders.
    The Force did not want to comment about their move on either player.
    Meanwhile new signing, second-rower Izack Rodda will play in the clash with New Zealand NPC side Bay of Plenty at HBF Park next month as he pushes to re-ignite his international career.
    Wallabies coach Dave Rennie has already selected his squad for the three Test series against France but Rodda could be in the mix for a Rugby Championship return.
    The former Queensland Red has been quarantining in Brisbane after returning from France ahead of his return to Australian rugby with the Force.
    Rodda, Isaac Lucas and Harry Hockings were released from their Reds contracts last May after refusing to accept reduced salaries during the coronavirus pandemic.
    Rodda, 24, signed with Top 14 side Lyon on a short term deal.
    He already has 25 Test appearances and wanted to stay in Australia after falling out with the Reds but the move was blocked at the time.
    He reportedly turned down approaches by the Waratahs and Rebels to return, and lucrative offers to stay in France or move to Japan, in favour of the Force for the coming season.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am getting excited

Blake Fergusson highlights

If todays rumours come off and add the Brumbies young kids just signed, we are in a great poistion for next year.

Christie Doran tweeting we could be Aus title contenders.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    This Blake Ferguson news is pretty random

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I don't know anything about Ferguson, but one look at his agents name should clear the fog for you a bit

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I don't know anything about Ferguson, but one look at his agents name should clear the fog for you a bit
    He's won Premierships in the NRL, he's played and won State of Origin for NSW but I don't think he's played Rugby at any stage of his life.

Apparently playing on the wing is usually the easiest spot to transition between codes, or so I've read/heard etc.

It just struck me as a really random signing for him to code swap at 30 I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Buzz Rothfield broke this story about Ferguson switching to Rugby on the NRL 360 show last night. He's a try scoring machine in the NRL and would be awesome to get him at the Force.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Maybe we should make a play for The Human Comic Strip as well. Has stated an interest in switching codes too. What could go wrong with those two back together? They could skull Stollies on the roof of the Left Bank for old times sake.

OTOH, I had a squiz at some clips of Tapine from a few years back on the QRL site. A big speedy unit who has added about 8 kegs since. Looks worth persevering with.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Just checking in with the ChCh bros and it is all news to them atm.
    Maybe you should tell them to read TWF. A bit more reliable than bloody Rothfield at the Telecrap. What's the bet he owes a favor to Ferguson's agent.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Maybe we should make a play for The Human Comic Strip as well. Has stated an interest in switching codes too. What could go wrong with those two back together? They could skull Stollies on the roof of the Left Bank for old times sake.

OTOH, I had a squiz at some clips of Tapine from a few years back on the QRL site. A big speedy unit who has added about 8 kegs since. Looks worth persevering with.
    Pay them in Pineapple Cruisers and you'd have a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Are you thinking Khoder Nasser GIGS? He's with Sam Ayoub nowadays.

vCash
    Wasn't Khoder Nasser stripped of his NRL accreditation?

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast