Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane City v Western Force - Game 1 NRC 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    35 metre rolling maul .... go you good thing !!
    My little cousin, "Are they doing the conga?"

"Yes, all over Brisbane"

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 02-09-18 at 18:43.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Andrew Deegan showed he is capable of featuring for a Super Rugby side in the very near future
    This kind of shit pisses me off most of all.

Clearly sets up the perception that whatever competition the Force will play in will be inferior by a long way to Super Rugby.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    A 35 meter rolling maul. It says everything about what sort of culture the team has built this year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm bloody buzzin' like I was after the Panasonic game. Two sparkling games in a row!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Very solid display from the boys. Pretty OK game with not too many errors. Thought the referee was very good again after his effort in Perth.
    After not watching any Rugby outside of WSR it's good to see some things haven't changed. Marto is still a f@ckin Muppet who doesn't know his are from his elbow.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Very solid display from the boys. Pretty OK game with not too many errors. Thought the referee was very good again after his effort in Perth.
    After not watching any Rugby outside of WSR it's good to see some things haven't changed. Marto is still a f@ckin Muppet who doesn't know his are from his elbow.
    Didn't see the match but one thing to come out of it was that Quade missed at least three conversions. Better teams will take those chances.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    I’m going to defend Marto! For the simple reason I usually love to hate the commentator adds extra spice to the game. In the good old days of the WAFL it was like that when Percy Johnson use to commentate. He hated my team and would be very bias. Although he would anger me I had to admit it added to the spice of the game!

That been said the knowledgeable commentator is usually good too like Gordon Bray.

Was good to see them on tv 😃 but it looked like they played on a horse paddock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    This kind of shit pisses me off most of all. Clearly sets up the perception that whatever competition the Force will play in will be inferior by a long way to Super Rugby.
    Or the alternate view that it makes it easy for twiggy to legitimise the comp by retaining those boys in the squad. It shouldn't be too hard to convince deegan that he will be rejected early since he wasn't wanted in the beginning

C'mon the

vCash
    Originally Posted by travelling_gerry:
    "Andrew Deegan showed he is capable of featuring for a Super Rugby side in the very near future"

Clearly sets up the perception that whatever competition the Force will play in will be inferior by a long way to Super Rugby.
    Yep I hate reading comments like that, I cringe. But if we can retain all these "Super Rugby" capable players inevitably the media will have to concede that this team / and the WSR comp is super rugby standard.

Who wrote that piece anyway. It reads exactly like an RA funded fluff piece designed at spreading more misinformation? Who wrote this garbage? Beth Newman? Sam Phillips? It definitely reads like the garbage these paid RA mouth pieces produce time and time again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I’m going to defend Marto! For the simple reason I usually love to hate the commentator adds extra spice to the game. In the good old days of the WAFL it was like that when Percy Johnson use to commentate. He hated my team and would be very bias. Although he would anger me I had to admit it added to the spice of the game!

That been said the knowledgeable commentator is usually good too like Gordon Bray.

Was good to see them on tv 😃 but it looked like they played on a horse paddock.
    The guy is absolutely shocking. A grade A W*nker, not fit for rugby commentary, unimaginative, not funny, criticizes refs over the nd over again and when in the room with Kearns he just comes across like a bogan behind a mic with nothing to do with the game on screen.

I'm not a fan of Gordon Bray either, he is knowledgable and I enjoy his comments but he doesnt have the voice for a commentator and can ruin the game if he talks too much with his voice. He needs a decent backup commentator working along side of him (not Chris Handy ffs) to be really good and effective behind the mic.
    Some notable good commentators are Tony Johnson and Grant Nisbet are good. Justin Marshell is horrible.

vCash
    Really enjoyed the game, another dominating display after the panasonic game. Really enjoying the expansive open style of play we are producing game after game, it's been refreshing watching attractive, expansive and better yet winning rugby from the Force this year. Two huge scores in the last two major games they have played. I thought Deegan was excellent and Prior also played well producing quick ruck ball. I enjoyed watching Kieran Longbottom get stuck in and thought Thrush also had a good game although very luck to avoid the yellow card for the deliberate knock down.

Brisbane were very lucky not to concede 50 with that pass the ref called forward near the end of the game. It was certainly going to be another Force try in another dominating display. Hopefully we just utterly crush and decimate all the NRC opposition this year and show the RA that the NRC was never a worthy competition for these boys. Brisbane seemed to score off lucky turnover ball so could easily have been held to a lower score with some more structured defence, especially the Force preparing for the counterattack. Quade and Hunt did nothing to justify their exorbitant pay checks and to justify their former Wallaby selection although I must say I would take Quade over Foley any day.

Hopefully the momentum continues. Go Force.

Player
    vCash

Yeah, and what was up with the comments along the lines that the Force just won because they had played more games together. No, the Force just played really well!
    If they're worried about that then maybe to even things up they should just scrap Super Rugby and everyone can play in WSR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Yeah, and what was up with the comments along the lines that the Force just won because they had played more games together. No, the Force just played really well!
    If they're worried about that then maybe to even things up they should just scrap Super Rugby and everyone can play in WSR.
    The logic is an absolute cop out. Sure the Force player together longer but according to the implication coming from the east is our players aren't good enough to make the grade over east.

So a team of 15 not up to snuff players who have played 7 games over a 4 or 5 month period together have an advantage of a team with far superior quality players of which many would have played together in around 14-15 games during that same 4-5 month period is a supposed far superior competition. Explain to me exactly how the Force have the competitive advantage if you believe the propaganda about WSR before this point? The Wallabies get battered from pillar to post in a whole bunch of games these days so I wouldn't put it down to the other teams missing them being part of it. Plus we never had Wallabies so we're even more of at a disadvantage!

vCash
    If the Force win the championship, they'll claim the WACA pitch is doctored to suit our fast bowlers, or some shit.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Something like the pitch at McGillivray goes up and to the right uniquely suiting the Western Force, and giving them a distinct advantage! I can hear them saying it now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast