Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hamish McLennan puts Rugby Australia on fast track to restructure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    It looks like it will be Super Rugby AU or sitting out and doing nothing in 2021.
    And sitting out means we won't be able to contract premium talent. Top rugby players don't want to train, they want to play, showcase their skills and win things. I think the idea of having a squad limit exemption and salary cap exemption should be twiggys strategy going into the negotiations, that way he can trump any other team on salary if he really wants a player, and he can have a squad that is capable of fielding a team in both comps. If RA refuse to allow that exemption, then he simply demands that all player funding is handled equitably for each team. Ie if I can't spend as much money as I want on this team, you should pay for it. Whatever happens, twiggy needs to gain some equity in the new governance model which will be built to strongly favour NSW qld and Vic, but appear equitable. I reckon North will look to apportion votes based upon total population, which should achieve much of that. I'd prefer votes either 1 per union or based upon per capita player registrations, that would be an interesting piece of data to look at.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Seems to me that the boys network is circling.Current governance allows too much self interest.
    None of the bigger players will want to give up control for the better interest of the game. North will shift around the chairs but unless every state get an equal say then little will change. So why would Twiggy get involved. Since the Western Force is privately owned with their own competition. If GRR doesn't go ahead (more than likely) then the WF can negotiate in any competition they like. Either a Aussie competition , a joint Tasman competition or part of the New Zealand competition. Whatever WF decide should be in the best interest of Western Australian rugby first and only. We should stick it right back at them and show them what self interest is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    And sitting out means we won't be able to contract premium talent. Top rugby players don't want to train, they want to play, showcase their skills and win things. I think the idea of having a squad limit exemption and salary cap exemption should be twiggys strategy going into the negotiations, that way he can trump any other team on salary if he really wants a player, and he can have a squad that is capable of fieldinbg a team in both comps. If RA refuse to allow that exemption, then he simply demands that all player funding is handled equitably for each team. Ie if I can't spend as much money as I want on this team, you should pay for it. Whatever happens, twiggy needs to gain some equity in the new governance model which will be built to strongly favour NSW qld and Vic, but appear equitable. I reckon North will look to apportion votes based upon total population, which should achieve much of that. I'd prefer votes either 1 per union or based upon per capita player registrations, that would be an interesting piece of data to look at.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukerin kid View Post
    Seems to me that the boys network is circling.Current governance allows too much self interest.
    None of the bigger players will want to give up control for the better interest of the game. North will shift around the chairs but unless every state get an equal say then little will change. So why would Twiggy get involved. Since the Western Force is privately owned with their own competition. If GRR doesn't go ahead (more than likely) then the WF can negotiate in any competition they like. Either a Aussie competition , a joint Tasman competition or part of the New Zealand competition. Whatever WF decide should be in the best interest of Western Australian rugby first and only. We should stick it right back at them and show them what self interest is all about.
    That deserves more than one of these.

Andrew Forrest has put on the record that there needs to be genuine reform for him to remain involved. So I'm optimistic he'll play those shysters off a break.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Agree there is nothing being talked about that doesn't scream 'business as usual'. A few noses in the trough may change given the people involved, but I'd bank that even if they give the illusion of inclusion, they'll make sure it won't have a say over anything important.

Forrest will certainly have the option of passing judgement on that with his wallet, but you are wrong with "WF can negotiate in any competition they like". Forrest has chosen to remain in the Australian Rugby camp, which gives them the say over what the Force can play in. They can choose to play in whatever RA puts up or not, but unless Forrest wants to pick the fight he didn't want to get into over GRR (despite it causing a years delay), they won't be playing anywhere else without RA's permission.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    You never know. 1 in 3 West Australians want to secede. Another few weeks of Clive might turn things around if he retains federal backing. We might form the WARU and do as we please.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That deserves more than one of these.

Andrew Forrest has put on the record that there needs to be genuine reform for him to remain involved. So I'm optimistic he'll play those shysters off a break.
    Twiggy should just no to Tim North being involved. You can’t trust that ‘man’ with a photocopier let alone a restructure to reshape the game.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    Davis the snake. We all know what he thinks of anything non NSW. Seems nothing changes, the sharks are all circling again with self interest. Surely this review needs to ensure decisions are made in the best interest of Australian rugby not state interests.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Twiggy should just no to Tim North being involved. You can’t trust that ‘man’ with a photocopier let alone a restructure to reshape the game.
    i trust that Twiggy, Mark Evans and Hodgo are smart enough to not not let us get stitched up by people like North, Davis and Clarke again.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    i trust that Twiggy, Mark Evans and Hodgo are smart enough to not not let us get stitched up by people like North, Davis and Clarke again.
    I think in one of Twiggy's interviews he said he wants a CEO who has had nothing to do with Australian rugby. I take that to mean I am not supoorting RA till Clarke is gone. Also Twiggy has often talked with a very anti-Rebels rhetoric. I think like us, Twiggy has not forgotten what happened.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Nah he and Hodgo certainly have not forgotten. RA need the Force now to be involved as we cost them nothing but provide a whole new set of viewing eyes to the Super comp. The other teams on the other hand cost them plenty.
    They want Twiggy to invest and as he has said if they improve or redirect their governance structure we ll he and the force are in otherwise sayonara. I'm pretty bloody sure that McClennan would probably have a tight leash on Clarke, North, Davis and co to keep them in check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Nah he and Hodgo certainly have not forgotten. RA need the Force now to be involved as we cost them nothing but provide a whole new set of viewing eyes to the Super comp. The other teams on the other hand cost them plenty.
    They want Twiggy to invest and as he has said if they improve or redirect their governance structure we ll he and the force are in otherwise sayonara. I'm pretty bloody sure that McClennan would probably think he has a tight leash on Clarke, North, Davis and co to keep them in check.
    Fixed

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2