Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has Raelene Castle actually done anything?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I find it amazing that you are all so quick to criticize someone who has only been in the job for 4 months.

A job that is so institutionalized that to make any changes would take 6 months of committee meetings and 3 independent reviews, or more. But its easy to criticize the person in the job when the person doing the job is a woman. Even easier when she is a non-Australian as well.

Its a special type of arrogance to suggest that the only person capable of doing the job is someone who is born here. Whose parents are born here and whose parents parents were born here. And they better not have an accent. No we cant have that.

Cameron Clyne would have to be the most micro-managing of Chairman's of any organisation or corporation on the history of the planet. Not many CEO's would accept those sort of conditions and many would not have even applied for the job because of that. I bet no one can name any of the previous Chairs of Australian Rugby without the aid of Google.

The new CEO was never going to reverse the decision that dumped the Force. Not while 90% of the people who made that decision were still working at Rugby Australia.

The blind hatred that some of you for everything RA and or East Australian is now bordering on the ridiculous.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I find it amazing that you are all so quick to criticize someone who has only been in the job for 4 months.

A job that is so institutionalized that to make any changes would take 6 months of committee meetings and 3 independent reviews, or more. But its easy to criticize the person in the job when the person doing the job is a woman. Even easier when she is a non-Australian as well.

Its a special type of arrogance to suggest that the only person capable of doing the job is someone who is born here. Whose parents are born here and whose parents parents were born here. And they better not have an accent. No we cant have that.

Cameron Clyne would have to be the most micro-managing of Chairman's of any organisation or corporation on the history of the planet. Not many CEO's would accept those sort of conditions and many would not have even applied for the job because of that. I bet no one can name any of the previous Chairs of Australian Rugby without the aid of Google.

The new CEO was never going to reverse the decision that dumped the Force. Not while 90% of the people who made that decision were still working at Rugby Australia.

The blind hatred that some of you for everything RA and or East Australian is now bordering on the ridiculous.
    The hatred of the RA is justified.

As for Chairmen I put up on the Roar I could only name Sir Peter Cosgrove, Michael Hawker and Peter McGrath. Current incompetent organisations like the RA, the ACB, Manly and the Bulldogs have Chairmen who undermine their CEO, remain unaccountable and let their CEOs carry the can from the press.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The new CEO was never going to reverse the decision that dumped the Force. Not while 90% of the people who made that decision were still working at Rugby Australia. The blind hatred that some of you for everything RA and or East Australian is now bordering on the ridiculous.
    While I agree with some of what you said mate, this is a case of choosing points to suit your argument. Nobody on this site has wanted the force back in super rugby all year. In the 6 months she's been in the job, all we wanted was 1 announcement to endorse the WSR competition, something which was being worked on before she took office. She hasn't been able to facilitate anything, robbotheclown is still doing his level best to obfuscate the discussion and find technicalities to ensure rugby in WA never threatens the heartland (like there's a chance of that happening with the WA media and afl) Castle is a puppet, good only for wheeling out to the media and do things that Clyne doesn't want to get his hands dirty with like slapping the wrist of an unrepentant superstar who knows damn well they will disappear up his ass to stop him from walking

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Have they had the Leagues Club election? There was talk of Ray Dib nominating for that board.
    They have and Dib didn't get enough votes. The football club did just well enough to have control of both, with George Peponis being replaced as chairman of the leagues club. Both factions have reportedly committed to bury the hatchet and concentrate on getting things back on track. It's been hard watching George and Turvey at loggerheads with other club legends, though they seem to remain on terms personally. Onward and upward I hope.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

Get over yourself.

Most of us arent making personal attacks- someone questuoned her dress sense, big deal! Last year we were all questioning Clyne's dress sense, or lack of when he turned up without a tie on. Get a grip and stop turning this into a man vs woman thing.

One thing that has become a fact though is the fact she has done nothing since coming over here on her WA rehibilitation tour. Absolute silence. And some of us are questioning her intentions as we see it all as lip service.

Btw. When were your beloved RA/FUARU going to endorse the IPRC. They havent. Or didn't. And now we are going ahead regardless. Thanks for nothing RA. Thanks for destroying professional rugby in the third biggest state and then abondoning us and not even having the guts to allocate us into a new comp like the South Africans did with their franchises. The RA are a joke. Raelene Castle is just a Clyne puppet. Nothing more, nothing less!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The RA have said nothing since the Saffies played them one and finally followed through in their threats to go to Europe by entering their cut teams in the Pro 14. SARU had been discussions for over a year as they knew this was going to happen. The RA believed SA were going to cut teams to increase the quality of the competition (that old bs about competition integrity) and to cut costs.

Over the weekend there were discussions in Bloemfontein with Pro 14 CEO Martin Anayi. It has since been announced that Rassie Erasmus and CEO Jurie Roux are joining the Pro 14 board. SARU now have a say in running the comp. This shows they are in for the long haul not just the two seasons that was mentioned at the launch last year.

http://www.the42.ie/pro14-expansion-us-on-hold-south-africa-links-3961154-Apr2018/

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 17-04-18 at 14:09.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Get over yourself.

Most of us arent making personal attacks- someone questuoned her dress sense, big deal! Last year we were all questioning Clyne's dress sense, or lack of when he turned up without a tie on. Get a grip and stop turning this into a man vs woman thing.

One thing that has become a fact though is the fact she has done nothing since coming over here on her WA rehibilitation tour. Absolute silence. And some of us are questioning her intentions as we see it all as lip service.

Btw. When were your beloved RA/FUARU going to endorse the IPRC. They havent. Or didn't. And now we are going ahead regardless. Thanks for nothing RA. Thanks for destroying professional rugby in the third biggest state and then abondoning us and not even having the guts to allocate us into a new comp like the South Africans did with their franchises. The RA are a joke. Raelene Castle is just a Clyne puppet. Nothing more, nothing less!!
    Getting over myself.

One thing that you might want to learn as you grow up is that you can be upset with one person, or a group of them without going to the pettiness of name calling. That is what kids do.

Adults find fault and criticise without being personal.

I have a great many problems with the performance of RA and its Chairman and their actions. They are not beloved by me in anyway shape or form. I dont need to resort to name calling to prove that.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Has Castle done anything... bout as much as I expected and coming from the news of how fast the RA think the WSR is coming along and yet Mr Forrest said the speed was glacial (I think that is the word he used) im not expecting anything soon either. Really my focus is on the matches we have coming up and I hope to show the RA what they are missing out on.

Save it for the game

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Getting over myself.

One thing that you might want to learn as you grow up is that you can be upset with one person, or a group of them without going to the pettiness of name calling. That is what kids do.

Adults find fault and criticise without being personal.

I have a great many problems with the performance of RA and its Chairman and their actions. They are not beloved by me in anyway shape or form. I dont need to resort to name calling to prove that.
    Boohoo! We are talking about what they haven't done, nothing personal, stop creating drama and reading into things that aren't really there! Your hyperbole is borderline delusional! Some people questioned Clynes lack of suit and tie, 1 person has suggested Raelene sharpen up her dress sense. That is all, and yet you chose to ignore the rest of the thread, which I must say as empty as it is its mainly because none of us can actually confirm Raelene has done anything! Nothing for WA, and really nothing for Australian Rugby. Puppet she may be, or may not be? Who knows

vCash
    A few things to add.

Pulver & Clyne are on record saying WA has not been forgotten, yet they never came up with any meaningful plan (complete silence) and now with Clyne running the charade without sideshow Bill he has refused to engage or come up with any sort of plan for WA, in fact the complete opposite by stalling the IPRC (now confirmed as World Series Rugby) which seems to have been endorsed by WorldRugby instead of the RA. So this begs the question, how can they just say something like supporting WA and then do the opposite and just get away with it? Like they wont be called on their behaviour, does accountability truely not matter with the RA, what are the core values of RA, surely "accountability" would be one of them, integrity being another?

Now we have Raelene, who tells us all to just get over it, who is actually on record saying that very thing then loading WA up with meaningless lip service. Then spends up big on a corporate trip to WA, listens to a few of our grievances and then flocks back to the East coast never to be heard from again, I mean what the hell? Is she really this serious? Its like they have all told each other in the RA headquarters that the job is done, we went over there and heard em out (WA) and now we are moving on without them! Its pathetic, other than stall the IPRC they havent communicated anything with us. They have spent up big putting together a joke of a working group to work with Andrew Forrest and basically used it as an excuse to do corporate lunch trips across Australia whilst stalling negotiations with payhetic terms and conditions. And then they wonder why their whole fan base resents them and everything the RA and chairmen Clyne stand for. It's really sad for Australian Rugby to be shackled to Clyne, Raelene and the corrupt RA board.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Cameron Clyne would have to be the most micro-managing of Chairman's of any organisation or corporation on the history of the planet.
    I think we should cut Raelene Castle a bit of slack given the people she has to work with...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2