Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: New boss of Rugby Australia

vCash
    Those of you who follow the Sea of Blue Facebook page will see that I posted this about an hour ago (whilst on the train on the way home from work).

“When we had our meeting with Raelene last week, I told her that, as things currently stand, a lot of sea of blue members had lost interest in the Wallabies and would not be attending the Bledisloe game scheduled to take place in Perth next year.
    She was sceptical about that so I’m interested to know what you guys think.
    If the ARU doesn’t agree to WA having an elite team again, would you boycott the Bledisloe game (and any other Wallaby game for that matter)?”

I have been totally blown away by the response - about 100 posts in support of a boycott, in about the same number of minutes since I made the post.

If any of you want to add your feedback but aren’t on FB, feel free to do so on here!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Would if I could, but for some reason I cannot enter posts on FB
    Chilean intelligence must be on to me!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    you can put me down to boycott not interested in the east

Player
    vCash
    Put me down for Boycott
    100 boycotts= 1 Sir Geoffrey

vCash
    Have no interest in watching a Bled game at Perth Stadium.
    Have no interest in watching the Wallabies play in Perth.
    Happy to watch the Western Force play at NIB.
    Happy to watch the IPRC team play at NIB and then at Perth Stadium when IPRC out-grows NIB.
    Very happy to watch State teams, NRC team, and Club rugby.
    Nothing else until the RA has worked with Minderoo to ensure a pathway to professional rugby and the Wallabies.
    Currently still have Foxtel as I'm enjoying the UK rugby and 6 Nations.
    Will give Foxtel the flick as soon as I have the NBN and a workable alternative to be able to watch rugby.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I half watched one game last year as I was in the pub with AB supporting friends. Wouldn't have bothered otherwise, didn't attend the last Test, and had no plan to attend next year. However, it occurred to me that it's likely the last chance my father will get to see a Bledisloe - he is pushing eighty, played both in Scotland and here to high level, loves the game, and attending sport and the Force in particular is/was one of our father/son things. So I thought I should maybe put my contempt for RA aside and floated the prospect with him at the cricket the other day. His response - "They can get stuffed...they want nothing to do with us, why on earth would we have anything to do with them?".

I'd add that last year aside, we've attended all but one Test in Perth since 1999 and I've typically been the organiser for at least half a dozen people. Done with that...

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 05-02-18 at 19:52.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Chilean intelligence must be on to me!
    Aha!! They are on to your tooth fish poaching scam. Just as I thought.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I’m not on Facebook but as far as I’m concerned Rugby Australia can die in a dumpster fire.

I am however very much looking forward to any and every event the NRL can stage here especially State of Origin in 2019.

Feel free to pass that on.

vCash
    Not a hope of watching a game in Perth. Just tried to join the SOB FB site, once accepted I will vote on that as well.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Aha!! They are on to your tooth fish poaching scam. Just as I thought.
    Finally Gunny is getting some teeth!
    Hey Alison stop being angry at the team from the other mob. The wagons are circling and that mob is creating the downhill slide. Time for us to be in charge of our own destiny and not worry about what scheming shit those monkeys are doing.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Alison;450932]
    “When we had our meeting with Raelene last week, I told her that, as things currently stand, a lot of sea of blue members had lost interest in the Wallabies and would not be attending the Bledisloe game scheduled to take place in Perth next year
    [I]

Well if that's the case she didn't comprehend what you folks were telling her. Like Mr AndyS snr, I'd rather count the number of lane markers on the Kwinana Freeway than contributed a single cent to Rats Arse - for anything!

Last edited by shasta; 05-02-18 at 20:23.

vCash
    Won't be watching any wallabies match in the near future. I nearly said never, but I might relent if the arseholes over east make enough steps to prove that they want to apportion their favour fairly.

Might as well have said never I guess

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I sleazed my way into the meeting with club presidents on Thursday night and I gotta say I left there with a ray of hope[see what I did there]. Raelene struck me as someone who doesn't talk shit and was quite engaging and did a lot of listening.

I reckon she will be absolutely rapt when Clyne get's found guilty after all the mud comes out because I think she would have copped the message that everyone hates him with a passion and the findings will give her the out that she needs to punt him.

She arrived here 8am from Sydney on Thursday and copped it from State Government, board members, club presidents, Minderoo and Force supporters all the way thru to Friday night and then got set up for a huge one at uncle Rays not so secret BBQ on Saturday with a selection of hand picked local heavy hitters.

She would be under no illusion that we want Clyne's head and I reckon she will deliver.

I also wouldn't want to get on her wrong side just quietly.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I sleazed my way into the meeting with club presidents on Thursday night and I gotta say I left there with a ray of hope[see what I did there]. Raelene struck me as someone who doesn't talk shit and was quite engaging and did a lot of listening.

I reckon she will be absolutely rapt when Clyne get's found guilty after all the mud comes out because I think she would have copped the message that everyone hates him with a passion and the findings will give her the out that she needs to punt him.

She arrived here 8am from Sydney on Thursday and copped it from State Government, board members, club presidents, Minderoo and Force supporters all the way thru to Friday night and then got set up for a huge one at uncle Rays not so secret BBQ on Saturday with a selection of hand picked local heavy hitters.

She would be under no illusion that we want Clyne's head and I reckon she will deliver.

I also wouldn't want to get on her wrong side just quietly.
    Sounds good to me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Finally Gunny is getting some teeth!
    Hey Alison stop being angry at the team from the other mob. The wagons are circling and that mob is creating the downhill slide. Time for us to be in charge of our own destiny and not worry about what scheming shit those monkeys are doing.
    I get your point absolutely however Rugby WA is still under the RA's funding (the more that goes to the Rebels the less that goes to the rest) and the Own the Force money had to be returned. The Own the Force money would have got the IP back, pay back the NIB Stadium loan that was parked and the rest go in to Rugby WA's pockets to spend where fit rather than wait for approval from Moore Park. A far more professional approach.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast