Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: the neXt Theory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I always wondered what caused Roberts to turn on Jack so violently.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    I always wondered what caused Roberts to turn on Jack so violently.
    Roberts has said it was built up frustration from all the homophobic sledging. He never accused Jack of that and has a lot of remorse over it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I've no love at all for the Storm. But nobody can deny they are successful. How much they have spent is irrelevant. that's for the people who spent the money to weigh up. It's as relevant as asking if Toulon should be considered a success considering Murad Boujawotsit has spent millions to buy it.

Where they, the Rabble and the Storm fail - IMO - and where The Force and probably the NSW and Qld AFL franchises have had success is in player development. It's a problem that can come with private equity unless provisions made from the outset.
    Interesting subject for myself too.

The Rebels to their credit have far exceeded the Storm in terms of producing Victorian developed talent. Looking at the rosters for this season SR Au it went in terms of where players came from NSW, Qld, WA, Vic and then ACT. While the Storm have managed just 2 in 22 years the Rebs would have seen between 10-12 Victorians in their squad since inception.

Player
    vCash
    I'll take your word for that. I wouldn't actually have a clue. I just made an assumtion based on the many times I've heard the likes of Brett Papworth, AJ, Paul Kent.... shitting brick's about how many schools in NSW now have two extra posts for rewarding a shanked shot at goal, how many development officers they have on the ground etc.
    Mate, they've been playing AFL in schools in the greater Sydney region for the better part of 30 years. It's only a revelation to the likes of Papworth due to him noticing it for the first time during one of the brief period where he pulls his head out of his own arse in order to pop up in the media to spew his usual bullshit before disappearing back up it for another spell.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I went to school there 60 years ago. And yes, you could play AFL. But hardly anyone did. Posts for missing a goal were like hens teeth. Anyone who wants to argue nothing has changed either doesn't know what they are talking about or just wants to argue.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I went to school there 60 years ago. And yes, you could play AFL. But hardly anyone did. Posts for missing a goal were like hens teeth. Anyone who wants to argue nothing has changed either doesn't know what they are talking about or just wants to argue.
    Things certainly have changed. Most schools both primary and secondary no longer compete in weekly schools sport. Really only in the private system is that tradition maintained. Which is actually quite sad. The only state funded schools that have regular competitions that I'm aware of are the Sports Schools. What interschool sport there is these days tends to come in the form of Gala Days held once may be twice a semester.

The local AFL club competition out this way is still pretty much where it was 20 years ago. By that I mean the West/South West of the city. What the likes of the Swans have managed to do is capture a certain section of the Sydney demographic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCRugger View Post
    Things certainly have changed. Most schools both primary and secondary no longer compete in weekly schools sport. Really only in the private system is that tradition maintained. Which is actually quite sad. The only state funded schools that have regular competitions that I'm aware of are the Sports Schools. What interschool sport there is these days tends to come in the form of Gala Days held once may be twice a semester.

The local AFL club competition out this way is still pretty much where it was 20 years ago. By that I mean the West/South West of the city. What the likes of the Swans have managed to do is capture a certain section of the Sydney demographic.
    Agreed one of the reasons why the Waratah Shield is dead. The matches were midweek and enabled public high schools play against the big private schools. George Smith played in it for Cromer High.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3