Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Let the Whining Begin. ;)

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    JSJ was it Af that made that threat of taking the Force to NZ or was it a journalist? I am not disagreeing with you, just checking.
    There was never a threat just Wayne Smith floating the possibility with Matt Hodgson from memory

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Just re-read that story and there is actually nothing new in it.
    All that has been said before about Force to get TV money , RA top ups and so on. It's just written in a way to make it sound like we are getting some kind of preferential treatment.
    Typical E States whingeing and whining. Why shouldn't the Force get whatever the rest are getting. They are in the comp just like everybody else it's just we are lucky to have a generous backer.
    Would the E States gutter press be whingeing and whining it it was the Tahs who had such a backer?
    I doubt it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Just re-read that story and there is actually nothing new in it.All that has been said before about Force to get TV money , RA top ups and so on. It's just written in a way to make it sound like we are getting some kind of preferential treatment.Typical E States whingeing and whining. Why shouldn't the Force get whatever the rest are getting. They are in the comp just like everybody else it's just we are lucky to have a generous backer.Would the E States gutter press be whingeing and whining it it was the Tahs who had such a backer?I doubt it
    The tahs do have such a backer, somebody in Ra admin

C'mon the

vCash
    .... and that gents, was what the thread was about. Until the usual suspect, as usual, turned it into the usual sermon. Again.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    ...All that has been said before about Force to get TV money , RA top ups and so on. It's just written in a way to make it sound like we are getting some kind of preferential treatment...
    While there has been lots of talk about what should happen, I'm not sure I've seen anything previous actually confirming how the tv revenues will be split. So to me the article simply seems to be little more than factual...this is how the money is going to be split up, and it may not be as some of the other team managements might have assumed. Any whinging or whining may yet be to come, or not, but I assume that was what the thread title was alluding to.

Player
    vCash
    And yet - Its Clark that is giving the Force a fair share of the Broadcast Dollars.

Take off the Blue shades. Join the real world and accept that Clark and the RA are trying to fix past mistakes, and are starting to do a good job of it.
    Clark's idea of a fair share is 30 mill to the Rebels and 2 mill to the other teams

Player
    vCash
    I dont disagree that what Clyne and Co did back in 2017 was wrong on many levels and their actions brought the game that I love down.

BUT.

Since then, Thanks to Andrew and Nicola Forrest and the Mindaroo foundation. The Western Force is stronger than ever. They are back in SuperRugby and are at the table. Not only that, they appear to have a very strong voice at the table.

The 2021 season will see the Western Force at the sharp end of the Premiership table and featuring in the finals series.

The 2022 season will see the Western Force take on all comers in both SuperRugbyAU and the Trans Tasman Comp and (hopefully) Global Rapid Rugby will finally kickoff with the Perth Spirit side made up of WA produced Rugby Stars that will see them gaining valuable experience making them easy picks for representative honors in the future.

With all this in mind. I have a straightforward question.

What the hell are we arguing about?

Yes, in 2017 the Western Force lost. Since then we have made every post a winner. We are in a stronger position than the Rebels could ever dream to be in.
    And the man who came to Perth after the game against the Tahs with his "spreadsheet" of lies is now "acting CEO"! Sorry if I'm a bit negative about him!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3