Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reserve grade strength

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I've got a brilliant solution to this conundrum.

If he won't train and you have a no train no play policy then let the guy come to the game in a tracksuit and run water bottles.

Your opposition won't think you endorse him as a player in that competition and the lazy arse might actually do something to get onto the training paddock.

If he has a genuine reason why he can't train, stick him in the grade that he deserves to be in (which sounds like it might be ressies) I'm sure if his reason is solid nobody in that team would care.
    Yeah it's amazing how many people can suddenly make training when they don't get a game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Front 3 View Post
    Uni have 35 colts on the books, players who don't play in the Colts side are allocated to each grade appropriate to the capacity and skill. Uni have colts playing in every grade.
    The "chump" you refer to who has scored in 4th grade is a very talented player who cannot train. Uni has a policy of those that train get picked first. Every thurs all 5 grade teams and colts train.
    The policy of playing colts results in them attracting and retaining talent at all levels of the club. It's not all about first grade. Players of every standard have something to contribute and this policy has seen Uni continue to attract quality young talent and keep them playing rugby after they turn 19
    A policy a few other clubs may like to replicate, other than opening the cheque book.
    It's more like 45 colt aged players. Is it true or not that Uni have a bursary to attract these age group players. There are only so many of these players in the player pool to go round and to entice them to your club to play lower grade rugby if they can't crack your colts side is fucken selfish and reeks of not seeing the woods for the tree's.

Wouldn't it be better for the colt's comp and for the players own personal development to be spread out amongst the clubs they come from and playing in their own age group instead of smoking 40 and 50 year old's who turn up for a jog round and an excuse to get on the piss.

I played 4th's against Uni a few seasons back to help out and every time they made a break we stopped and let the superstar sprint 80 metres basically because we couldn't be fucked chasing a kid who was on his way to scoring the World Cup match winning try.

I have had quite a bit to do with some kid's over the years who are in year 11 and 12 playing PSA and who will be going on to University and they are getting the word put on them now.

I'll be scrapping tooth and nail to ensure these kids that I've put a shit load of time into come back to the club that gave them their rugby grounding in the first place. What's the difference between opening the cheque book and giving out a bursary anyway.

Last edited by westies man; 19-06-17 at 11:18.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post

Wouldn't it be better for the colt's comp and for the players own personal development to be spread out amongst the clubs they come from and playing in their own age group instead of smoking 40 and 50 year old's who turn up for a jog round and an excuse to get on the piss.
    Exactly mate. That's not good for anyone, including the kid smoking 40 year olds..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I'd love to get back to the point of the thread. Interesting to see university lose by just one against a team nobody has got anywhere near and were apparently robbed with a non decision at the end?? Any insiders at either club able to shed some light??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
    I'd love to get back to the point of the thread. Interesting to see university lose by just one against a team nobody has got anywhere near and were apparently robbed with a non decision at the end?? Any insiders at either club able to shed some light??
    Probably something to do with a heap of Paly players going to Mauritius and I guess there reserves went up to first grade. Paly not much there past firsts and reserves to fill up though I see there thirds won. I'd say senior depth problem would be the biggest cause.

Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

Champion
    vCash
    I would say that at this stage of the season every club and team in Perth is struggling to put 15 fit players out. If your team play's final's this season including last weekend these guy's will now play for the next 11 weeks in a row.

Big ask for guy's that are amateurs to front up for 20 games in 22 weeks.

All teams will be calling in whoever they can just to limp through.

With the NRC getting canned I would hope that things go back to the way they were with a few more general bye's next season.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    With the NRC getting canned
    Do you know something we don't know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Do you know something we don't know?
    I was thinking the exact same thing!

vCash
    If the ARU cans the NRC due to lack of sponsorship then that would be the cherry on the cake with regards to how badly they are doing their jobs.

We all here agree anyways that they are doing an appalling job and should all be replaced but we are heading to a disaster which will take years to repair....

vCash
    Pretty sure we are already in such a disaster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3