Thread: Force List 2023 speculation

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sio also leaving Brumbies with no announcement of where he is going

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    First, foremost, and above anything else what the Force needs are a fullback and at least one winger that can kick long and accurately. Not being able to clear lines or gain territory are the main reason that games stay close and get lost, and without fixing that I don't think it'll really matter who they recruit. Frankly, even if they get some proper kickers, it should be a massive focus area during what is a very long off season. No excuse for the existing kicking players not to be significantly improved by next February.
    Like Tom Banks?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Name:  IMG_20220601_084032.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  41.2 KB

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Banks going OS i think

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Banks going OS i think
    He was trying to deal in late April with Brumbies and RA so he could take sabbatical in Japan, but that sounds like it did not pan out.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Tony Lewis on 91.3 FM this morning mentioned that a major signing will be announced later today, I suspect that this will be Fiainga.

Mentioned that they are looking to recruit a THP, Locks, Ball wrecking 6 or 8, Centre and outside back.

Outside back is close to being signed I believe he mentioned a returning Australian. (lets hope Morahan fingers crossed)

He also mentioned THP and locks are very diffuclt to find an recruitment provibnf difficult in the current market and environment

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post

Outside back is close to being signed I believe he mentioned a returning Australian. (lets hope Morahan fingers crossed)
    ..........or Rona.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ..........or Rona.
    Would love to see him back here, however I seem to remember he signed a long term contract with London Irish last year and was not mentioned yesterday in their list of players leaving.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Would love to see him back here, however I seem to remember he signed a long term contract with London Irish last year and was not mentioned yesterday in their list of players leaving.

Have to say I'm not surprised. I saw a piece somewhere during this season that he and his wife have 3 kids now and they are enjoying the London life for a while, which is no surprise. I think that has as much or more to do with our retention issues as money. Ditto Hoskins. Ditto life in the south of France. Bugger.

vCash
    The West today's paper has Nick Taylor article. Re-signing of Kaitu'u and snaring Folau Fainga'a

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Tony Lewis on 91.3 FM this morning mentioned that a major signing will be announced later today, I suspect that this will be Fiainga.Mentioned that they are looking to recruit a THP, Locks, Ball wrecking 6 or 8, Centre and outside back.Outside back is close to being signed I believe he mentioned a returning Australian. (lets hope Morahan fingers crossed)He also mentioned THP and locks are very diffuclt to find an recruitment provibnf difficult in the current market and environment
    Mozza would be a spectacular pick up by I don't think he'd solve our kicking problem.

C'mon the

vCash
    Cannot get behind The West Paywall but looks like Leo is correct:

Western Force recruit Folau Fainga’a to face Feleti Kaitu’u and Jack Winchester in hooking battle

Headline also appears to confirm Ready's departure

vCash
    My ideal Force shopping list for next season:
    Tamaiti Williams
    Adam Coleman / Richie Arnold
    Sean Mcmahon
    Samu Kerevi
    Luke Morahan

Think that would cover most of our gaps and put us in the top half of the comp. Likely dreaming with a few of those though....

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    My ideal Force shopping list for next season:Tamaiti WilliamsAdam Coleman / Richie ArnoldSean McmahonSamu KereviLuke MorahanThink that would cover most of our gaps and put us in the top half of the comp. Likely dreaming with a few of those though....
    I'd swap your lock choice for a Quade Cooper as a 1 or 2 year mentor for reesjan. Both have similar playing styles and it would make Quade automatically eligible for wallabies.Assuming mcAuley is hanging around.

C'mon the

vCash
    Western Force will have two Wallaby hookers battling for the front row spot next season after the re-signing of captain Feleti Kaitu’u and snaring Folau Fainga’a from the Brumbies.

The double deal for the No.2 jumper is crucial to a Force rebuild as they re-sign props Angus Wagner and Bo Abra on new two-year contracts.

Kaitu’u, 27, joined the Force and played National Rugby Championship and Global Rapid Rugby before the club was invited back into Super Rugby.

He helped steer the club to its first finals appearance last season before being selected for Australia and making his debut against South Africa.

He was appointed Force captain this year and now has three Wallabies appearances.

The Brumbies confirmed Fainga’a, 26, is leaving the ACT club, where he has been since 2018 having made 61 Super appearances and won 25 Wallabies caps.

The Force’s third hooker is former junior Wallaby and Queensland Reds academy member Jack Winchester, 21, who signed a two-season deal last year.

Wagner, 24, who joined the Force from the Brumbies in 2019 had a serious pre-season injury but made four appearances at the latter end of the campaign.

“I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity and for the Force to back me for a further two seasons,” he said.

Abra, 22, a former junior Wallaby, joined from the Canberra Vikings last year, made his Super debut in found five against Fijian Drua scoring his fist try six games later.

“It’s a great feeling to be continuing my time with the Force. Perth is certainly my home away from home now. It’s been surreal to make my debut and then hold my spot,” he said.

It is understood the Force have had talks with Queensland Reds wrecking ball prop “Tongan Thor” Taniela Tupou.

The Waratahs and Rebels are also interested in the sought-after front-rower with interest also coming from Japan, England and France where he could demand a huge salary.

Tupou has hinted he may look overseas but Rugby Australia is likely to offer him a sabbatical deal that would allow him to spend six months in somewhere like Japan, where the competition is not so brutal, before returning to Super Rugby.

Four Force academy players, prop Siosifa Amone, back-rower Luke Callan, second row Connor Seve, and No.8 Ned Slack-Smith have been selected for the junior Wallabies squad to play Argentina, Fiji and New Zealand in the Oceania Rugby under-20 Championship in July.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast