Thread: Electorate of Kalamunda

vCash

Electorate of Kalamunda

Due to the re-distribution of Electoral boundaries I live in a new seat (New for Maddington, I believe it may be an existing seat). I am yet to email either of the major party candidates and have not recieved anything from either of the minor parties. But following Gerrys lead i will put their emails up so that people who are concerned about a lack of dedicated Rectangular Stadium can email the candidates without having to trall through pages of party propaganda

John Day (Liberal): john.day@wa.liberal.org.au

PO Box 701, Kalamunda, WA, 6926

Phone: (08) 9293 4747

Juliana Plummer (Labor): julianna.plummer@walabor.org.au

PO Box 768, Kalamunda WA 6926

Phone: (08) 9257 1884
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 16-08-08 at 11:19.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jargs,

Can you put up the wording you used in your emails it may help others with that creativity disadvantage...

vCash
    I'm not Jargs(obviously) but I gave writing a letter a go, still not sure how to end it though but if anyone is looking for a starting point, feel free to use it...

To whom it may concern,

I am writing, as one of thousands of rugby supporters in Perth, concerned over the government's stadia redevelopment proposal. In lieu of Alan Carpenter's election call, I believe that now is the time for the Liberal party to act and oppose the stadia redevelopment in favour of an alternative proposal in which rectangular-field based sports are not disadvantaged.

As Mr Carpenter is an AFL supporter, I feel that, as head of the Labour party, the Party's proposal is biased and fails to so much as recognise sports that are played on a rectangular field, let alone suitably accomodate for them.

When I finish it I will post it up here....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Jargs,

Can you put up the wording you used in your emails it may help others with that creativity disadvantage...
    Will do when i get home and my computer back online. I am upgrading to broadband today so the phone line has been down
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Is John Day still Mayor or whatever he was/is?

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Member of Parliament.

Apparently he switched from his seat of Darling Range to Kalamunda as the re-distribution of electoral boundaries resulted in the seat of Kalamunda having a large portion of his former electorate
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    As Mr Carpenter is an AFL supporter, I feel that, as head of the Labour party, the Party's proposal is biased and fails to so much as recognise sports that are played on a rectangular field, let alone suitably accomodate for them.
    Make sure you spell it Labor, not Labour. Shows you are paying attention and are serious about your arguments. Not trying to be a pedantic spelling Nazi, but I think it's important to getting the point across. Kind of like a Resume, for example.

Unfortunately my electorate is safe Labor by a margin of 20%. Therefore I will be spelling Labor with a combination of k, f, c and u's, for all the good it will do.

vCash
    Shadow for Planning (ie John Day).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Make sure you spell it Labor, not Labour. Shows you are paying attention and are serious about your arguments. Not trying to be a pedantic spelling Nazi, but I think it's important to getting the point across. Kind of like a Resume, for example.

Unfortunately my electorate is safe Labor by a margin of 20%. Therefore I will be spelling Labor with a combination of k, f, c and u's, for all the good it will do.
    Thanks Scotty, you're about th 8th person to tell me.
    I spell checked it because I wasn't sure and it said that, I since learned we spell it wrong.

Colin Barnett & Alannah MacTiernan never replied to me, quite rude of them I thought, especially considering Alannah is the Labor member for my electorate.

vCash
    Hate to sound like a defeatist but to be honest Laura, it would be near impossible for you to get a response at this hour. I would imagine they are getting heaps of correspondence from constituents, self-interest groups, organisations each with their own demands and wish-lists. Health, Law and Order, and Education are the main focus issues in this election and it would appear that the stadium issue has been shoved aside (along with daylight savings, trading hours) by the majors.

vCash
    well then they aren't confiding to Parliament, having to listen to 'the will of the people'
    norty

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Hate to sound like a defeatist but to be honest Laura, it would be near impossible for you to get a response at this hour. I would imagine they are getting heaps of correspondence from constituents, self-interest groups, organisations each with their own demands and wish-lists. Health, Law and Order, and Education are the main focus issues in this election and it would appear that the stadium issue has been shoved aside (along with daylight savings, trading hours) by the majors.
    Not at all, I agree! I sent the email over a week ago and they didn't answer then, I don't expect them to now.
    As soon as whoever is elected though, I reckon it would be worth emailing them again and asking them why there was no mention of the stadia issue, why it was shoved under the rug and when they are going to do something about it.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Change the Subject to "Free Gin For A Year" and Alannah will be all over it

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash

How about free goon as well?
    Posted via Mobile Device