Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force calls on ARU for help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Maybe he can get some third party sponsorship by selling the old shorts to Robyn. I wonder if he goes commando
    Really shouldn't joke about that after Friday...

I really wish players would stand on their own and not follow their mates, but thats kind of what bought some of them here in the first place. Obviously being mates becomes hugely important when travelling around and having someone there with you, but team mates aren't just along for the ride, they're in the same boat.

Obviously though Gits is going and I'd love to see Jimmy come back in his absence but its all about moving forward so having JO'C step up to the role would be ideal. If he went to the Brumbies he'd be vying for a position against Gits, but staying here he would be assured a starting spot AND he'd be competing against the best in the business. Daruda would also step up to the role perfectly if he was given the chance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by laura; 24-02-09 at 14:01. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    but staying here he would be assured a starting spot AND he'd be competing against the best in the business.
    How long until he shows Gits up

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    How long is Valentine signed for? Just the one year?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Why what happened on Friday?

Yeah Josh Valentine is only here for a year but to be honest its a bit like the argument WJ makes about not coming to a team for the coach. Valo might leave but if he has Wallaby ambitions he'll not be guaranteed a starting spot at any of the other clubs and if he does go we'll just take whoever he displaces.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I reckon this is all a part of the great big card shuffle which is Australian provincial rugby ATM. We've lost Gits.....there are options, If we lose Drew, there will be options, Sure we will have lost a significant amount of experience, but there's always experience for sale in this competition.

I'd far rather have a team of committed future Wallabies on the verge, than a team that's 1/2 nobodies and 1/2 current Wallabies.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Why what happened on Friday?

Yeah Josh Valentine is only here for a year but to be honest its a bit like the argument WJ makes about not coming to a team for the coach. Valo might leave but if he has Wallaby ambitions he'll not be guaranteed a starting spot at any of the other clubs and if he does go we'll just take whoever he displaces.
    I was just thinking he might follow Drew to Brumbies, if robyn-forbid, Drew does depart.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    It could work out, now I take a closer look... The Brumbies can measure him up for a jersey while he is in town this week...

and Giteau can show him around the facilities...

Brumby Drew
    Mudskipper, thats the only picture I really really don't like of Drew. You've ruined the vibe!

James, what Laura said. Don't write commando off... It's Drew, after all. He should just think about who he discusses that with next time... Hehe. Ok, well, some little girls near us got Drew's socks and I remembered how Laura got shorts after that... so I said 'DREW can I have your shorts' and he said 'Haha well I would but I haven't got anything underneath!' (Was that what he said Laura? I dont remember it all...) and then he realised what he said and he went all embarassed. HAHA. I bet he couldn't leave the fangirls behind for one thing

Anyway... Sorry. Robyn!

Robyn does forbid. Nu-uh. I still don't think Drew will go, probably without much support. Just a feeling But he's got a regular regular starting spot here, and will be playing with the wallabies number 15 Cam..

Josh Valentine did sign for the season, hoping to play with Giteau at super14, build up a great combo and then look at the wallabies again. If JOC is the next big thing then why not hang around to form a great halves partnership with him?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i can see the need, thats why i wouldnt mind the aru organising some sort of draft like the kiwis have.

its just, being from the east, when you guys came in (and ive said before the aru was as much to blame if not more) you used money to sign players, now that the money isnt there (firepower) the players are exploring playing closer to there homes. one may argue they wouldnt have gone west in the first place if the money was the same.
    Anyone would think we were the other side of the world instead of the other side of the COUNTRY!! They are big boys now..Cheesh! and supposedly professional.......They are earning enough money surely to hop on a plane now and then to see Mum, Dad, and family whatever....

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 24-02-09 at 12:25. Reason: cut and paste

vCash
    if it was me and i was 18-25 and could earnt he same money playing close to my friends and family as i could playing 5-6 hours away from them, i would choose to play close to home!

vCash
    if it was me and i was 18-25 and could earnt he same money playing close to my friends and family as i could playing 5-6 hours away from them, i would choose to play close to home!
    But your friends would insist you played 5-6 hours away!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    its funny, the tag line to this site is "australias newest rugby franchise" , you have no sense of tradition, but your still importing jokes from the britans!

well done young sir!

vCash
    but your still importing jokes from the britans!
    He is English WJ

vCash
    i apologise, did he get left behind?

vCash
    its funny, the tag line to this site is "australias newest rugby franchise" , you have no sense of tradition, but your still importing jokes from the britans!

well done young sir!

Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    He is English WJ

i apologise, did he get left behind?
    That's rich from someone claiming to be from USA's 51st state!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash

If he went to the Brumbies he'd be vying for a position against Gits, but staying here he would be assured a starting spot AND he'd be competing against the best in the business. Daruda would also stepped up to the role perfectly if he was given the chance.
    If…a big IF… But if JOC went to the Brumbies he would be on the bench or in the academy with an occasional appearance...The Brumbies would look to develop his talents correctly and have him ready in S14 in 2011…

He would be competing against Matt Toomua for a bench spot. He wouldn't get a 12 with Mortlock and Tyrone Smith and find it hard to compete for a wing with Clyde Rathbone, Francis Fainifo, Pete Betham, Sipa Taumoepeau and Alfi Mafi...There is just more depth at the Brumbies and this isn't even including the academy players... Don't get me wrong I think he's a talent but its a little more competitive to get a S14 start at the Brumbies…

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast