Thread: Force duo named to take on the Springboks

vCash

Force duo named to take on the Springboks

Izack Rodda and Feleti Kaitu’u have been named in the Wallabies squad for the Rugby Championships Test against the Springboks at Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast this Sunday.

After returning to the Test side via the pine last week against the All Blacks at Optus Stadium, towering lock Rodda earns a starting berth in the second row alongside Matt Philip.

Feleti Kaitu’u will potentially make his Wallabies debut on Sunday, with the powerful hooker named on the bench. This is Kaitu’u’s first Wallabies matchday squad selection after enjoying an outstanding Super Rugby campaign for the Western Force this year.

Read More

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I assume that means a 20 minute cameo off the bench for Feleti as Rennie doesn't seem too interested in giving his replacement front rowers time to grow into a game, hopefully he can provide instant impact.

I think Isaak will probably be calling the lineout, hopefully he won't be too hampered by Phillip seeming to be a little ineffective at this level.

I think Banks is exceedingly lucky to have a spot as well

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think Banks is exceedingly lucky to have a spot as well
    15 is a problem spot for the Wallabies right now; who are the alternatives:

Reds: I think they used Bryce Hegarty there for most of the season (who's really a 10 and now gone to Leicester anyway) and their only 15s for next season are currently Mac Grely and Jock Campbell (who's more of a winger anyway). Neither inspire confidence.

Brumbies: Banks with Mack Hansen as his back-up.

Force: Much as I'd love either Jack McGregor or Jake Strachan to be in the Wallaby camp, both are young and were kept out of the side by Rob Kearney when he was fit. Maybe in the running for the 2023 RWC squad, but they'd have to show a lot more next season.

Rebels: DHP, when fit, would give Banks a run for the jersey, but he's 32 now and with a history of concussions and might be seen as a doubt for the 2023 RWC squad. Plus he's been released by Melbourne so possibly doesn't have an RA contract. Tom Pincus played at FB for the Rebels this year and wasn't very impressive, from what I can recall. Not at Tom Banks's level.

Waratahs: Maddocks might have been an alternative, but is off to Pau. I'm not sure who will play 15 for the Tahs next year (possibly Newsome!) but they certainly don't have anyone who can step into the Wallaby squad and challenge Banks at the moment.

I can't remember if the Wallabies had more than one full-back in the training squad, but they only have one in the 44-man squad for the TRC. Possibly they thought that JO'C could provide cover (he has at least played there). But Banks' back-up would probably be either Mack Hansen or Tom Pincus rather than the Force boys (RA being strapped for cash).

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I don't disagree with any of that Sheikh, but they've looked outside giteau law to solve smaller problems.

Cooper defends at 15 anyway, maybe he could play there once joc is fit

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Cooper defends
    Best laugh of the week Gigs!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!