Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WA for a bubble?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Tom Decent is a tool. I have yet to see any evidence that he is in possession of a single brain cell.
    fixed

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Super Rugby being held hostage by Covid restrictions that RA knew about for months but only just started working on a contingency plan?

If that article isn't click bait I don't know what is.
    Thinking about that; with the new community cases in Vic, SA has announced it's border is now shut. With the cluster infected by this new virulent strain growing to 8 and 950 persons in isolation, it's probably only a matter of a day or two before Qld does tha same. Is it time for RA to be proactive for once and introduce protocols NOW? The Rabble have a bye in R1 but are due to play in Brisbane in 15 days. The silence is deafening.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Is it time for RA to be proactive for once and introduce protocols NOW? The Rabble have a bye in R1 but are due to play in Brisbane in 15 days. The silence is deafening.
    I agree, the same thing will happen with WA. It's entirely possible that the Force won't be allowed home after the Tahs game in Round three, also very likely that the Rebels won't be allowed into WA in Round 4 we're already drastically close to the 28 days of 0 community transmission Victoria would need to demonstrate for that match to go ahead.

It appears that the Brumbies will be allowed in for next week's match, however after that I must admit, I'm not confident of getting to see another home game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I must admit, I'm not confident of getting to see another home game.
    I'm a little more hopeful. If things stay as they are, the premier has said they maybe a little more flexible - under advice from the experts. The AFL and particularly thr NRL got on the front foot and led the discussion last year. I'm just hoping some wise men - and the Force isn't lacking for a few - are doing the same. Just not telling us plebs.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    If only there were some form of remote federally owned facility where we could quarantine people so we could get rid of hotel quarantine where people keep catching Covid within Australia.

Would certainly stop states shutting down borders every couple of weeks allowing for interstate style sports completions to take place.

But that would require the Federal Government to get off its arse and do its constitutionally mandated job.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    We do, it's called Christmas Island

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    If only there were some form of remote federally owned facility where we could quarantine people so we could get rid of hotel quarantine where people keep catching Covid within Australia.

Would certainly stop states shutting down borders every couple of weeks allowing for interstate style sports completions to take place.

But that would require the Federal Government to get off its arse and do its constitutionally mandated job.
    Well said!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash

I really don't think any government would be interested in sending Australian Citizens to a Detention Centre

Not even sure if it's constitutional, however probably is under the Emergencies Act

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    They should have just scheduled hubs to begin with.

All teams move to WA for 2 weeks training in quarantine. Then play 3 games each over 3 weeks as double headers. Then do the same in Qld, Canberra etc. The idea of teams changing states every single week is going to blow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I really don't think any government would be interested in sending Australian Citizens to a Detention Centre

Not even sure if it's constitutional, however probably is under the Emergencies Act
    They used Christmas Island to initially quarantine people being flown direct from Wuhan last year.

Quarantine of overseas/returning Australians is actually in the constitution - section 53 or 54.

It's better than quarantining people in population centres.

Rookie
    vCash

I think those on the far left side of the political divide may have something about this in the past .

vCash
    There must be a few empty mining camps around that could be reopened and used as quarantine centres.
    No local night clubs to sneak out too.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    They should have just scheduled hubs to begin with.

All teams move to WA for 2 weeks training in quarantine. Then play 3 games each over 3 weeks as double headers. Then do the same in Qld, Canberra etc. The idea of teams changing states every single week is going to blow up.
    The costs might be unsustainable. But they should at least relocate the Rabble for the time being and negotiate bio-security protocols with the relevant State authorities in case they become necessary. The situation is not, presently anyway, as dire as a year ago. WA could be the fly in the ointment. The NRL had teams fly interstate play and return same day without contacting the public. Special protocols would need to be agreed to allow teams to overnight in WA, play and return within, say 48 hrs. Same for Force playing in ES. Not ideal, or fair to all. But they got through 20 rounds and finals last year. Put simply - competent admin.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I can't see the Christmas Island community going along with that.

I don't know if Curtin air base near Derby is being used at the moment. If not, that would be arguably better.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I believe they want the quarantined to be near available hospitals, and also recruiting security personnel would probably be another logistic nightmare, and what about the costs of ferrying everyone back and forth?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast