Just having a read around and see that the Penrith Emus are set to return to the Rugby World via the NSW Suburban Rugby Union.
I have held a soft spot for the Emu's, having observed along the way all that is wrong with NSW (and arguably Australian) Rugby with the politics that lead to their ejection from Shute Shield. Given a lifeline by the ACTRU for a couple of years, they then went into the abyss, seemingly unloved and unwanted by Rugby in the East.
I have previously mentioned them to be supported as a GRR Host should that comp ever get up and running, as much as anything as a strong FU by Twiggy to RA...
Anyway, delighted to see the fighting spirit is alive and well up in the Mountains and, having just joined their socials, look forward to witnessing the start of their rise next year
Given they are located 7kms from their nearest Subbies rival (Blue Mountains RFC) and 36kms from their nearest Shute Shield presence (Western Sydney Two Blues, historically Parramatta), they hold an important foothold in the Greater Western Sydney landscape.
I'm sure they would appreciate your support on Facebook, Twitter and Insta.