Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Wrap S2 E7 with Brendan Loag and Tom Gorman

vCash

Rugby Wrap S2 E7 with Brendan Loag and Tom Gorman

Brendan Loag previews the Fortesque Premier Grade competition in Perth while Tom Gorman talks about rugby in Geraldton and the midwest. With special guest appearance by Heath Tessmann.

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Good interviews with Brendan and Tom.

But Mitch Hardy should bugger off back to the east coast.

"No room for NRC". "More emphasis on the Brisbane comp, Shite Shield" .... means it is time to get on your bike, Mitch.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Just toeing the party line, I would imagine. NSW and Q'ld bitch that other teams take players from their states, but there is no way they'd ever want that to change. The only way the other states will ever produce meaningful numbers of players would be via something like the NRC. Which is why it will never happen so long as those two states swing any lead, at least not with any RA involvement.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    While watching the Qld V Brumbies last night, it occurred to me, some of these young players coming through now, when did we first hear of them? NRC Brisbane Coty, Qld Country and Vikings.....nuff said, dead set

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The NRC is the only way that we'll see growth in SA and Tassie.
    Baby steps - get them up to NRC standard first.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    The NRC is the only way that we'll see growth in SA and Tassie.
    Baby steps - get them up to NRC standard first.
    How? That is exactly the same argument as "The Force should only have been created once WA was producing lots of SR players". The players happen when there is a feasible pathway, otherwise anyone with any potential either leaves the game or the state. Fairly academic now though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    But Mitch Hardy should bugger off back to the east coast.

"No room for NRC". "More emphasis on the Brisbane comp, Shite Shield" .... means it is time to get on your bike, Mitch.
    You know it's a podcast, right? And whomever is on it is on a Zoom call that is recorded, right? So Mitch could be on the east coast and still be on the show, right?

The best chance of you not listening to Mitch - or anyone else whose opinion you don't agree with - is not to listen. It is probably pretty hard to find many shows with opinions you always agree with, but there must be some out there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    You know it's a podcast, right? And whomever is on it is on a Zoom call that is recorded, right? So Mitch could be on the east coast and still be on the show, right?The best chance of you not listening to Mitch - or anyone else whose opinion you don't agree with - is not to listen. It is probably pretty hard to find many shows with opinions you always agree with, but there must be some out there...
    Hang on, I believe I have as much right to call Mitch Hardy's views on the shute shield misguided bullshit as he has to express his bullshit views.Furthermore, since he's doing it on an online platform, I think it gives anybody the right to respond on an online platform.Ham, bash Mitch as hard as you want mate. Ecky, if you don't like it, you can always take your own advice.Btw, this comment doesn't diminish the respect I have for the significant contribution Mitch hardy has made to WA community rugby. I just think his support of the white shield is misguided and myopic

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hang on, I believe I have as much right to call Mitch Hardy's views on the shute shield misguided bullshit as he has to express his bullshit views.Furthermore, since he's doing it on an online platform, I think it gives anybody the right to respond on an online platform.Ham, bash Mitch as hard as you want mate. Ecky, if you don't like it, you can always take your own advice.Btw, this comment doesn't diminish the respect I have for the significant contribution Mitch hardy has made to WA community rugby. I just think his support of the white shield is misguided and myopic
    ...merely pointing out that Mitch Hardy could go back east yet still be on the podcast. If Ham105 wanted him to bugger off so he'd no longer be on the podcast then it wouldn't work. So there's no point in wanting him to bugger off. That's all.

I have my own views on the podcast and will keep listening to it anyway. Example: Mitch takes so fricken long to frame/ask a question, then it turns out to have multiple questions within the question. Annoying but hilarious.

vCash
    ...merely pointing out that Mitch Hardy could go back east yet still be on the podcast. If Ham105 wanted him to bugger off so he'd no longer be on the podcast then it wouldn't work. So there's no point in wanting him to bugger off. That's all.

I have my own views on the podcast and will keep listening to it anyway. Example: Mitch takes so fricken long to frame/ask a question, then it turns out to have multiple questions within the question. Annoying but hilarious.
    Oh, OK coolies

Yeah I'm a pretty devoted listener, but it certainly isn't perfect

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    You know it's a podcast, right? And whomever is on it is on a Zoom call that is recorded, right? So Mitch could be on the east coast and still be on the show, right?

The best chance of you not listening to Mitch - or anyone else whose opinion you don't agree with - is not to listen. It is probably pretty hard to find many shows with opinions you always agree with, but there must be some out there...
    Nah, I paid my 2c and want the full half-hour.

Then I'll pay another 2c and hammer this "Shute Shield über alles" attitude again and again ...

So is Mitch really going to be phoning in this guff back here when reunited in person with his east coast Shite Shield? ... 'Course not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    Nah, I paid my 2c and want the full half-hour.

Then I'll pay another 2c and hammer this "Shute Shield über alles" attitude again and again ...

I'm sorry, but due to complaints from SPaRTAN, Python quotes can't be used more than once per season. Especially the full half hour which costs a helluva lot more than 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'm sorry but you've only arranged for a 5 minute argument. If you want the full half hour you'll need to reapply.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    I'm sorry, but due to complaints from SPaRTAN, Python quotes can't be used more than once per season. Especially the full half hour which costs a helluva lot more than 2c.
    SPiNe (a.k.a. SPaRTAN) never made the start of the season proper.

While trying to get his family pass ticket, a small birth defect was observed on his photo ID.

He was thrown off a mountain cliff ... left to wolves and never returned.

Name:  SPaRTAN.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  95.2 KB

vCash
    ...but if you stay in Room 12 you could just get abuse though, right?

vCash
    ...but if you stay in Room 12 you could just get abuse though, right?
    Judging by your white cane and dark glasses yod get plenty for free on weekends, without a need to pay to visit room 12.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast