Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Alan Jones thread

Player
    vCash
    I’m not sure that 40 minutes of rugby is going to save the day and future. Unless the systemic issues are addressed ( RA ) and the clowns therein specifically the same pattern of results both on and off the field will continue

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Of course it won’t. But it’s a great excuse for those with their heads in the sand.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    I’m not sure that 40 minutes of rugby is going to save the day and future. Unless the systemic issues are addressed ( RA ) and the clowns therein specifically the same pattern of results both on and off the field will continue
    Also, some people will now say "The Wallabies have found the way to play - we ought to play that way from now on."

Well, the Wallabies found a way to play rugby against a tiring side who were caught unawares. Go into the Bledisloe 3 with 1 game plan and see how long it takes the ABs to snuff that out!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Also, some people will now say "The Wallabies have found the way to play - we ought to play that way from now on."

Well, the Wallabies found a way to play rugby against a tiring side who were caught unawares. Go into the Bledisloe 3 with 1 game plan and see how long it takes the ABs to snuff that out!
    And they lost their best player....

The All Black game will be the true test, although it wouldn't surprise me if Hansen picks an All Black D team to ensure they lose so Cheika can keep his spot for the World Cup. Shrewd bastards..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    RugbyWA and the clubs dont have any real say in any of this, this entirely comes down to the clubs in NSW and QLD, if they dont do a thing we will continue down this path, if they rise up against these Rats Arseholes then we may just stand a chance in this fight, history shows nothing will happen in Australia, however there probably hasnt been a darker day than now in Australian Rugby so the time has come for these clubs to do the right thing by grassroots rugby who they claim to represent, and rise up!

vCash
    Jones didn't want to muddy the waters of his main message with going after Cheika.

The main message is about going after the board, and talking about his new club initiative to put pressure on the state unions to do so

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Jones didn't want to muddy the waters of his main message with going after Cheika.

The main message is about going after the board, and talking about his new club initiative to put pressure on the state unions to do so
    Yeah and that's where the target needs to be. Cheika is a seperate issue to the governance one and people need to treat the two issues as such.

vCash
    Couple of insights that have been mentioned on various other threads and websites:
    1) A half time spray is not unusual in any way at any level. Especially Cheika
    2) You can only consistently rely on plans, not emotions. Emotions often last until the first tackle
    3) Cheika essentially kept same team he inherited from Link plus Tahs that he motivated for 2015RWC after the Beale sexual harrassment bought the team to its knees. Its been downhill since that game
    4) The plans the team played to in the second half was completely contrary to the plans they have played for two years. Someone somewhere at half time got the team to ditch the reviled malfunctioning defence and attack plans and revert to simple rugby where everyone knew what they were doing. That person was not Cheika or Hooper, who both specifically said they didn't know what caused the turnabout...clue: it wasn't heart
    5) That simple plan would not have worked against any other top 8 team, the Pumas were gassed, lost their playmaker in Sanchez, and bottled it, no doubt already switched off mentally.
    6) What do the All Blacks do.... lose in Nippon to give the Wallabies a false sense of security going into RWC2019, or win and try to destroy any new found confidence. I say they will try to win comprehensively, its too far out and the Wallas are yet to play the Spring Tour.

I almost puke at every pRAvda article mentioning "playing with heart" and Cheiksa "famous" spray. FFS are they really that dumb?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Yeah and that's where the target needs to be. Cheika is a seperate issue to the governance one and people need to treat the two issues as such.
    You have both hit the nail on the head.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    And they lost their best player....

The All Black game will be the true test, although it wouldn't surprise me if Hansen picks an All Black D team to ensure they lose so Cheika can keep his spot for the World Cup. Shrewd bastards..
    They announced a week or so ago that they were sending 9 of the best players straight to the UK and others to go via Japan.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    3) Cheika essentially kept same team he inherited from Link plus Tahs that he motivated for 2015RWC after the Beale sexual harrassment bought the team to its knees. Its been downhill since that game
    The above and a ref having a bad day made Cheika into the Messiah! Are we honestly the only people that can see this?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    No.

What is the general overall feedback on Rugby Roos in its first year?

Has it done what it was intended to do? Along with saving schools and clubs money on not having to organise it themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    No.

What is the general overall feedback on Rugby Roos in its first year?

Has it done what it was intended to do? Along with saving schools and clubs money on not having to organise it themselves.
    They only did a single day during the school holidays in the rockingham/Mandurah region which was disappointing. Couldn't take my kids as I had work(I also dont think they can handle a whole day of it either all at once), if they decide to do it over a few nights like they did for some of the other clubs then I will get my kids involved, I have signed my son up under interested but it all depends how they decide to structure it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    They announced a week or so ago that they were sending 9 of the best players straight to the UK and others to go via Japan.
    So 14 of the starting 23, plus the next 9 from the All Black conveyor-belt of talent who will want to show what they can do.

Do Japanese scoreboards go to 3 figures?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    So 14 of the starting 23, plus the next 9 from the All Black conveyor-belt of talent who will want to show what they can do.

Do Japanese scoreboards go to 3 figures?
    You are not seriously suggesting the Wallabies are going to wallop this second string All Black side?

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast