Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Richard Graham Sacked

Champion
    vCash

Richard Graham Sacked

About time

QRU Media Release: St.George Queensland Reds head coach Richard Graham released from contract – Matt O’Connor and Nick Stiles appointed co-interim head coaches

St.George Queensland Reds Head Coach Richard Graham has been released from the remainder of his contract with immediate effect.

Graham, who was head coach for the past three seasons, will be replaced by co-interim head coaches Matt O’Connor and Nick Stiles.

Stiles has been the Reds’ forwards coach since 2014 and also led Brisbane City as head coach to back-to-back titles in the National Rugby Championship. O’Connor joined the Reds as attack coach ahead of the 2016 season after spending the last seven years coaching in Europe, most recently as head coach of European Cup semi-finalists Leinster.

The QRU will commence a worldwide process to appoint a head coach for the 2017 Super Rugby season. It is likely that this process will take between 90 and 120 days once the QRU formally goes to market. Both O’Connor and Stiles will be invited to be part of this open process.

QRU Chairman Damien Frawley said: “I’d like to thank Richard for his contribution over the past number of years. Richard is a proud Queenslander who has spent his life in Rugby and while he hasn’t achieved the success we all would have wished for during his time as head coach, he leaves with our gratitude for his service to the game.

“QRU conducted a high-performance review in the middle of last year and as a result implemented significant change across our Rugby department. At that time the Board made the decision to reappoint Richard as head coach for a year, but we always said there would be periods within the 2016 Super Rugby season where we would take stock of how the team was performing.

“We believe, through our high-performance review process, we have implemented the necessary changes to support both interim head coaches during the 2016 season and whoever takes on the head coach role in 2017.”

QRU CEO Jim Carmichael said: “Richard’s loyalty to the organisation is beyond question and we thank him for all he has done during a difficult time for the Reds.

“He has helped identify, develop and nurture many future stars of the Reds which fans will come to know and love in time as this young side reaches the potential we know it possesses.

“As he has done through his time at QRU, Richard handled this difficult decision with characteristic humility and stoicism.”

Graham said: “I’m naturally disappointed. I loved my role with the Reds and enjoyed my time with the QRU. I am in a high-performance environment and the results haven’t been to a satisfactory standard. I have to accept that and move on.

“I wish everybody the best and want to formally thank the competent and dedicated support staff I have worked with over the last three years for their tireless efforts.

“I really hope the team and Reds coaching staff have success going forward.”

Reds captain James Slipper said: “It’s disappointing it has to end like this for someone who cares so much about the place. Richard has always had the best interests of the players and the team in mind and we’ve always had respect for him and the genuine care he has for the Reds and Queensland Rugby.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/New...d-coaches.aspx

interesting little bit Reds captain James Slipper said: “It’s disappointing it has to end like this for someone who cares so much about the place. Richard has always had the best interests of the players and the team in mind and we’ve always had respect for him and the genuine care he has for the Reds and Queensland Rugby.”

vCash
    That'd be because he was asked to by the company. But Graham would have to care. He just wasn't able to hit the KPI's of the position

vCash
    Sacked 2 games into the new season, that has to be close to a record for a sacked coach doesn't it?

How he managed to land the job when he reapplied last year is beyond me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    For the amount of faith in his ability as a coach shown by various unions, he must have shown real ability as an assistant. Perhaps that's his lot. He is far from alone, so mayby he should re-visit that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Sacked 2 games into the new season, that has to be close to a record for a sacked coach doesn't it?

How he managed to land the job when he reapplied last year is beyond me.
    A few of his superiors should probably go with him.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    When we found out he was leaving us for the Reds we saw first hand just how much he loved Queensland and the Reds!!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    For the amount of faith in his ability as a coach shown by various unions, he must have shown real ability as an assistant. Perhaps that's his lot. He is far from alone, so mayby he should re-visit that.
    Surely if he continues to coach rugby he'll have to go overseas to save face?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    hopefully to the All Blacks.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Scotland will be most likely in for a new coaching team after the 6N if they keep ther current form up

vCash
    Think the Jocks are on the up Jono, compared to last year when they finished last in the 6N.

A good WC campaign & so far they've taken England & Wales close, & beaten Italy

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Depends on how he views it. Plenty have done exactly that in AFL (admittedly they have few OS opportunitiez) and NRL.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    A few of his superiors should probably go with him.
    Some of his backers have resigned in the past few weeks thus leaving Graham a bit exposed.

vCash
    Jim Charmichael is still there though

Player
    vCash
    Shows how dumb the force were also to employ him!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast