Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perth bids for Australian leg of World Rugby Sevens

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Not sure that would work. If the state government told them to tell it walking, it would only highlight the extent to which RA had shit in the nest. Alienating a state government would only reflect on RA shonkiness, not on WA rugby at all.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If RWA/the state government turns it down then the RA can say "Well, we tried to give you something, but you didn't want it."
    Only Rat's Arse could try to spin the rejection of a > $5 Million a year bill in that way.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Only Rat's Arse could try to spin the rejection of a > $5 Million a year bill in that way.
    What’s $5 million you light weight they’ve already turned down $50 million! 😂😂😂😂

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post

What's the point of having the sevens here (other than a party)? It doesn't support community rugby, and as there's no pathway for local talent there probably won't be any local players getting a look in.
    Tourism - by the look of Sydney, half of Fiji and the rest of the Pacific Islands were at the match, or did they just commute from Campbelltown??

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    What’s $5 million you light weight they’ve already turned down $50 million! 😂😂😂😂
    no, the WA Government would be the ones turning down paying $5 Million a year for the sevens, not the other way around.

THe scenario worked in my head....I guess it was too obscure for public consumption.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    That might be true, but did the event make more money?

The Rebels financials this year will highlight the complete lack of any correlation between ticket sales and profit.
    More people = less money.

Intriguing.

vCash
    no, the WA Government would be the ones turning down paying $5 Million a year for the sevens, not the other way around.

THe scenario worked in my head....I guess it was too obscure for public consumption.
    I got your thought but had to reply as the FUARU!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    More people = less money. Intriguing.
    It's possible, more people at a lower ticket price and with higher costs could easily equal less money. I don't know the actual figures in this case, must simple microeconomics allows for such a phenomenon

C'mon the

vCash
    It's possible, more people at a lower ticket price and with higher costs could easily equal less money. I don't know the actual figures in this case, must simple microeconomics allows for such a phenomenon
    General admin tickets are about $30 more for Sydney than Adelaide. Any additional costs are to do with hosting men's and women's tournaments which Adelaide didn't do.

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=The InnFORCEr;450712]Nick Taylor**|**The West Australian
    Thursday, 1 February 2018 5:00AM

IPRC is still involved in discussions with RA. The national body is standing firm over its Wallabies eligibility policy that means only players in Super Rugby sides or overseas-based Wallabies with a minimum of 60 Tests appearances can be selected for Australia.

If that is correct and the RA's official stance, then we might as well send Ms Castle home tomorrow and refuse to meet her. It is mind boggling that they can chuck WA out of Super rugby is such a corrupt fashion and then refuse to select players from WA for the Wallabies.
    Alison, Hansie, Hodgo, John Edwards and others, please ask her to confirm or deny it. I hope Linda, Mark McGowan and other politicians ask the same question

vCash
    Bingo JSJ that is probably a stubborn de Clyne and Pulver stance.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Apprentice
    vCash
    Tell the knobs to piss off. Don't see sandgropers actually going to the sevens anyway

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    The national body is standing firm over its Wallabies eligibility policy that means only players in Super Rugby sides or overseas-based Wallabies with a minimum of 60 Tests appearances can be selected for Australia.
    What would happen if a Western Australian-based player, perhaps assisted with WA-sourced funding, decided to take Rugby Australia to court over this discriminatory selection policy curtailing his potential career earnings?

I dunno if this action could be viable for potential overseas-based Australians playing in a future IPRC but, for a player based in Australia and registered under the RA umbrella of administration, it might.

As far as I was aware, the selection policy in the past did not specify "Super Rugby", only that a player had to be registered and playing in Australia. In other words, he could be selected from NRC, Shute or whatever local comp (even if in most cases it was not likely).

Has the wording of the selection policy changed or is it being wrongly reported?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    What would happen if a Western Australian-based player, perhaps assisted with WA-sourced funding, decided to take Rugby Australia to court over this discriminatory selection policy curtailing his potential career earnings?

I dunno if this action could be viable for potential overseas-based Australians playing in a future IPRC but, for a player based in Australia and registered under the RA umbrella of administration, it might.

As far as I was aware, the selection policy in the past did not specify "Super Rugby", only that a player had to be registered and playing in Australia. In other words, he could be selected from NRC, Shute or whatever local comp (even if in most cases it was not likely).

Has the wording of the selection policy changed or is it being wrongly reported?
    I like your thinking Kiap.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post

Great point re playing in Australia and not "Super Rugby". RA are clearly worried about player drain to this league.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast