Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1299

Thread: What RUFFLES your feathers

vCash
    but if they did cheat then why wouldn't they lose their medals?

they would lose them without question if one tested positive for drugs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Because the only proof of age needed is a birth certificate that they have already supplied. The other evidence doesn't matter. They will never officially be found guilty. If by chance they are, you are right they will lose the medals, which are many. That issue aside China did a great job at the olympics easily running away with the most medals even if they do lose a few. They are the new super power of the Summer Olympics.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    But if they did allow underage participants in, wouldn't that be an advantage to the other nations taking part, not a disadvantage? And what does it say about the older players who couldn't beat a kid?

Best to let sleeping dogs lie, I think...

By the way, how many medals won by drug cheats from other nations have been returned so far and been reallocated? And I don't mean just from these games.

They would cover entire walls in some nations' Halls of Fame.

vCash
    Marion Jones got hers taken off her when she admitted to steriods i think it was. about 4 medals?!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Your reasoning isn't correct FS. In gymnastics a 14 or 15 year old has a huge advantage over a 19 or 20 year old. At 14 she may be 4'8" and 85# when she is 18 she may have grown to 5'1" and 110# Many of the past champions were 14 & 15 years old before they changed the rules. The fact remains that the rule is 16 and China has cheated in the past, and again this year. How would you feel if your daughter skipped the last Olympics because she was 15 and played by the rules, and this year she was 19 and came in 4th losing to a 14 year old? It's simply wrong and can't be justified. The testing for drugs has gotten much better, I believe that 6 people tested positive and were disqualified this year at the games and 38 before they started. I say wake the sleeping dogs and shoot the bastards.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    There may be more to come, apparently the drug-testing is about a week behind with getting the results back. Today they announced all of the swimmer's returned negative blood tests.

I reckon the little kid should be disqualified. Play by the rules or your out, simple as that. If she cheated by paying off a judge she'd beout, if she cheated by using drugs she'd be out same should apply for underage. If it was a pub she'd be kicked out for being under age so why would you let it go at the Olympics?! It would be easy enough to forge the documents as well, especially seeings as though if she hasn't travelled overseas, she wouldn't own a passport and the government supplied the birth certificate so its not like they wouldn't be able to tamper with it to benefit thier country.
    I hope it isn't the case, because she was an excellent gymnast but it really puts a dampner on the games and is completely unfair for the other competitors who had to wait to be able to participate.

More illegal, unsportsman-like behaviour...Former England opener Marcus Trescothick has admitted in a new book that he illegally shone the ball by sucking on breath fresheners during the 2005 Ashes series.

Last edited by laura; 25-08-08 at 12:33.

vCash
    dont know if this has been covered recently. But Fencesitters ruffle my feathers.

Pick a side and stick with them through thick and thin
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    and alleged credible experts?

vCash
    Agreed. Dont be a traitor
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    dont know if this has been covered recently. But Fencesitters ruffle my feathers.

Pick a side and stick with them through thick and thin
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Some people are just bandwagoners, it's part of the way they do things, not me of course, once a supporter, always a supporter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Some people are just bandwagoners, it's part of the way they do things, not me of course, once a supporter, always a supporter.
    Being "on the bandwagon" is probably closer to supporters who only support their team when they're winning.

Fence sitting is when you claim you could be supporting either side and then make your mind up at full time.

Both irritate me though
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Being "on the bandwagon" is probably closer to supporters who only support their team when they're winning.

Fence sitting is when you claim you could be supporting either side and then make your mind up at full time.

Both irritate me though
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I also classify bandwagon supporters who support the team who wins, but it's more of a short-term bandwagon. I classify fencesitting as just that, supporting both teams and at the end of the game still supporting both teams, still sitting on the fence. The instance I think you are talking about is classic bandwagon action, supporting one team for a long time and then once they lose going for the team that beat them. As there was no instance of supporting both teams before the game or still supporting two teams equally after the game I don't think the fence exists.

vCash
    i dislike people who go between teams depending if they won or not. especially some people at a force game i overheard saying "ugh we are losing, might as well go back to teh Eagles". we won that game and the eagles have been losing all year
    if u dont support a team through thick and thin you don't deserve to pay for membership

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    If you sit on a fence long enough you will get a sore arse

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Or splinters if its wooden.

Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast