Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Drew Mitchell signs with the Waratahs in 2010

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    All of the Reds, Force and Brumbies will be chasing at least one new outside back for season 2010. Cabinet getting a little bare. If anyone is keen to come back from overseas.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It has maybe been raised before, but if Gerrard's problem with fullback is that he has the kick, size but not speed, has Cummins been considered? I haven't seen much of his kicking, but he has speed and size and kicking is the one element that can be trained in. Shepherd would obviously be first choice (depending on his foot), O'Connor has apparently been told to get some tie there but is probably destined for something closer to the play, so maybe Cummins could flourish in a bit of space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Your eagerness to dig up shit about Western Force/Rugby WA is as obvious as ever. Most people here thought you did nothing more than elaborate on the speculations of hack journalists, all the while hinting that you had some inside knowledge.

Read Greg Harris' comments about the growth of his relationship with John Mitchell and compare that with what you tried to insinuate during the early part of this year. I have a feeling that example indicates that the organisation may be maturing and growing in strength and experience through it's "teething" problems. Try being positive for once and speculate on that.
    Gibberish... I just comment on reports like everyone else here... I just don't always ride the collective line of denial… I believe in using sites like TWF to create open forums, which can help keep others honest by posting questions.

Moving on, If Harris has improved John Mitchell’s role well that’s great because you've signed his services until 2011 or so... At the start of this season few here thought Greg Harris was doing the right thing with the internal formal JM review and then applying the proposed measures. I hope good times continue now he is gone and people don't go back to their ways.

Greg Harris’s legacy at the Force will be smoothing out the post Firepower fallout. He directed in a turbulent year and then moved on so a new CEO can start a fresh. He hasn’t left it worst than when he came like the previous chap.... Newly instated CEO Vern Reid can build the new squad at the new home ground, which is very positive.

Personally I'm more interested in a fourth strong Australian rugby province and hopefully in 2011 a fifth.

But I don't see the need to protect Western Force employed individuals past or present from being questioned about events or results. I do think the Force has positioned its self to close to the media at all levels for effortless publicity but its best to manage a more controlled media relationship because as we all have seen they can do a lot of damage.

But What really I don’t like is the player bashing here, which I find mean and callous. I don’t think it does anyone staying or moving on any good… Player, Coaching staff or Administrators… Nonetheless I can understand people saying there disappointed…

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    It has maybe been raised before, but if Gerrard's problem with fullback is that he has the kick, size but not speed, has Cummins been considered? I haven't seen much of his kicking, but he has speed and size and kicking is the one element that can be trained in. Shepherd would obviously be first choice (depending on his foot), O'Connor has apparently been told to get some tie there but is probably destined for something closer to the play, so maybe Cummins could flourish in a bit of space.
    I think Cummins will have a big year in 2010...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Laughably, Mitchell suggested in another article that he thinks playing for the Tahs will increase his chances of Wallabies selection. Can we have some odds on Mitchell making the 2011 RWC team?

vCash
    Mitchell will make no useful contribution to the RWC 2011 regardless of who he plays for. He does not have the depth of ability that his reputations suggests and this year he has been truly found wanting on too many occasions

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B.Bear View Post
    Anyhow it might prove a good opportunity for Sare to get a starting position on the wing, I thought he played pretty good each time he comes on he has an impact, with Shep as fullback and Nick should be a pretty good backline.
    I reckon Sare is mediocre at best...he plays OK in bursts which is why he is good off the bench. Sheps and Cummins are the real deal though. DHP on the wing next season will do me just fine with Sare as backup on the bench = great backline

coz Stone Cold says so

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "But I don't see the need to protect Western Force employed individuals past or present from being questioned about events or results."

"What really I don’t like is the player bashing here, which I find mean and callous."

One mans "questioning" is another mans "bashing".
    As employed individuals, players should expect to feel some heat if they are underperforming or are seen to be pushing loyalties.
    I generally opt for the more supportive style but when push comes to shove have no issue in generating an educated spray either.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    welcome back Burgs... I know your not callous...

I think the force should look to youth for recruiting where possible find more kids like Cummins...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I just don't get it. Beale, Tuqiri and Turner are all having reasonably good seasons (I haven't watched too closely, but that's how it seems). Beale is settling into the fullback jersey quite well and the two wingers are doing pretty well. I think he'll spend two seasons on the bench if he goes there. And this is how he plans to get into the RWC squad? It just doesn't make sense! Unless Beale is going to remain on the bench and Drew just walks into #15. Why would the Tahs pay a huge amount of money for a guy to sit on their bench? The whole thing is just weird.
    Sam two-daddies (Norton-Knight) has been playing 15 for the Tahs and is leaving. They want a 15. beale was playing 10 and is now benched. Rumours abound he is going to mini league and if he doesn't will play 10. Helangahu has been in and out of the Tahs 10 and is shite. I hope the Force don't buy him. He's a very good grade player......period

Mitchell can't tackle. He'll look great in a sky blue jumper. He'll be on the Tahs bench by round 3 and never to be seen again by seasons end. Great career move

Controversy corner

vCash
    Pretty simple, Norton Knight who plays 15 is off to Cardiff, Mitchell will sign with the retahds and play fullback. Thus ensuring his Wallaby aspirations are met.

Anyone knows from history if you want to be a Wallaby it helps if you play for NSW.

Crowley, David Croft etc, etc....

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think the force should look to youth for recruiting where possible find more kids like Cummins...
    Normally I'd agree with you, but looking at the backs in our prospective JWC team- they'll all have Super 14 contracts.

Any younger than that and you are going a bit too young- just look at how the Reds wingers have been going. We could really use someone with a few years behind them. I heard Clyde Rathbone was gonna be released by the Brumbies. I figure he's used up all his injury bad luck so I wouldn't mind the Force putting a bid in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Sam two-daddies (Norton-Knight) has been playing 15 for the Tahs and is leaving. They want a 15. beale was playing 10 and is now benched. Rumours abound he is going to mini league and if he doesn't will play 10. Helangahu has been in and out of the Tahs 10 and is shite. I hope the Force don't buy him. He's a very good grade player......period

Mitchell can't tackle. He'll look great in a sky blue jumper. He'll be on the Tahs bench by round 3 and never to be seen again by seasons end. Great career move
    He has, but Beale has been coming off from the bench at 15 during the second half of the last few games and he seems to have done OK. Sorry, that didn't make sense before. Even the RugbyClub this evening that the Tah backline has screwed up majorly this season...

I fear you may be right on that last one Wasted.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    My understanding of the delay in announcement is because of a clause in the contract which has delayed it. I'm not sure why the clause is there...something about confirming finance(?) I could be wrong but it does make sense.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Normally I'd agree with you, but looking at the backs in our prospective JWC team- they'll all have Super 14 contracts.

Any younger than that and you are going a bit too young- just look at how the Reds wingers have been going. We could really use someone with a few years behind them. I heard Clyde Rathbone was gonna be released by the Brumbies. I figure he's used up all his injury bad luck so I wouldn't mind the Force putting a bid in there.
    is there a list of this prospective JWC team?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'll join you in the minority re Rathbone James.
    I reckon he is still the goods, maybe back at #13, but I imagine there will be plenty who have forgotten just how good he was when he first hit the scene in Australia.
    Reminds me a lot of Stanners actually.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast