Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Email sent to Channel 7 Perth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Ask them where they are going to get thier 'babes' now big brother has finished while you are at it.
    I'll forward you their email and you can ask them. All i care about is getting C7 as much negative publicity as possible over the way they have handled this
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Today's TV pages still have the game being shown by 7 at 11.40pm

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    I've sent this email to channel 7. I wonder if I'll get a response

Australia’s National Rugby Union team , the Wallabies, played the World Champions, the Springboks, from South Africa in a Tri Nations game at Subiaco Oval on Saturday evening.

In front of a sell out crowd, in fact the largest crowd at the ground this season, including AFL crowds, with hundreds more watching in licensed premises around the State the Wallabies scored two tries to nil to beat the Springboks in a tense and exciting game. The Wallabies are now undefeated in the four games they have played this season.

There is now unprecedented interest in the next Tri Nations game when the Wallabies take on old rivals New Zealand next Saturday 26th July in Sydney. This will be the first time new Wallabies Coach, Robbie Deans, has gone head to head with his old team and no doubt there will be a few scores to settle.

Channel 7 in Perth will be showing the game at the family friendly time of umm umm………11.40pm Saturday evening. Well done Channel 7 Perth you are truly the “home of Rugby”

P.S. Like all the other rugby fans I’ll be watching it on Foxtel!!
    LOL sweetheart!

Don't use Foxtel as a threat.....I am a Rugby fan I hate AFL but I am also realistic. Rugby simply doesn't rate at all outside NSW and QLD...It never really has and it probably never will. Also the match wasn't sold out and neither was tonights Bledisloe Cup which IMHO is an absolute disgrace considering both matches were half full with opposition expats.

Rugby is fighting for its future....A lot of people refuse to believe it but Australia will be a soccer country in 10 years no doubt and we are going through the worlds biggest junior soccer revolution. AFL and Rugby could be dead before you know in 20-40 years.

Regards.

vCash
    Rugby is fighting for its future....A lot of people refuse to believe it but Australia will be a soccer country in 10 years no doubt and we are going through the worlds biggest junior soccer revolution. AFL and Rugby could be dead before you know in 20-40 years.

Regards.[/QUOTE]

Except for one thing, most Australians think soccer is shit!!! Our local clubs junior membership gets better each year.

vCash
    Yes, soccer is shit. I have no time for nil-all draws, and hell, I don't even like AFL.

However, I would like to congratulate Seven for showing the rugby tonight from 10pm. It was a cracker of a game that even crap commentary (directly aimed at the mungo crowd) could ruin.

Just re-enjoyed watching the end when I got home from Carbon (and yes, Seven, I watched your lousy ads!).

Hope everyone out there in TV Land with ratings boxes had it on. Also hope it rated through the roof for Seven. I would love to be optimistic - please impress me Perth TV market!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
    LOL sweetheart!

Don't use Foxtel as a threat.....I am a Rugby fan I hate AFL but I am also realistic. Rugby simply doesn't rate at all outside NSW and QLD...It never really has and it probably never will. Also the match wasn't sold out and neither was tonights Bledisloe Cup which IMHO is an absolute disgrace considering both matches were half full with opposition expats.

Regards.
    What a joker, Rugby is a stayer, it has the same appeal soccer has and more so, people support soccer but they sure as hell don't give a shit about the local leagues, FACT. The Rugby world cup is the 3rd biggest event in the world. Tell rugby is dying out at the packed out pubs watching the game tonight, with the kiwi's acting out the haka and the Aussies singing thier lungs out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post

Except for one thing, most Australians think soccer is shit!!! Our local clubs junior membership gets better each year.
    I don't think it's shit but that my choice. Junior Soccer participation rates have been the best for a decade now, when the wallabies qualified for the 2006 World Cup they went through the roof, Australia already has one foot in the door to qualify for the next 2010 World Cup, that will keep the momentum going

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Yes, soccer is shit. I have no time for nil-all draws
    Tell that to the 75,000 people who turned up to a dead rubber last month at ANZ Stadium to see the game against and that was a 1-0 loss to China. The Bledisloe last night only attracted 3,500 more people

Rugby is fighting for its future....
    If Rugby is indeed fighting for its future then the best thing would be to have Free To Air exposure, it's no good having the game only on Foxsports when your looking to expand into new markets and grow the game in general.

Melbourne is a city dominated by AFL and even they get the Rugby live

Last edited by jargan83; 27-07-08 at 09:45.

Champion
    vCash
    LOL sweetheart!

Regards.
    The match was definately a sell out at Subi! Soccer is okay for the kids but is boring to watch Give me rugby anyday, Real men playing a real game

vCash
    Do we all need to keep emailing C7 to tell them we watched their coverage? I don't know how I'd be counted as a viewer otherwise.......

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Do we all need to keep emailing C7 to tell them we watched their coverage? I don't know how I'd be counted as a viewer otherwise.......
    Yes I think we all should, otherwise as you say how can they tell who watched?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Well, did anyone see the Inside Cover of the West?

Apparently the rugby in Perth only got 30,000 viewers in the ratings and come last. Seven now feel justified to show the game at delayed telecast times and have again stated that Perth is not a rugby state.

To me, is there really any surprise in the numbers when the kick off was shown nearly four hours in delay?

I have written the following e-mail to the Inside Cover:

Hello,

I thought I would offer a response to your article on Inside Cover in regards to Channel 7's experiment to show the rugby at an "earlier" time slot.

Channel 7's decision to show a game at 9:55pm that was broadcast live at 6pm was never going to do anything but fail and justify their stance to broadcast future rugby games that I and a lot of other West Australians love, to an unwatchable timeslot.

In my opinion, 30,000 viewers was excellent ratings as all rugby fans would have switched to Foxtel or headed to their local to watch what was an exciting and entertaining game LIVE. The 30,000 viewers were more than likely the non-rugby union enthusiasts who switched over to see a game they had heard during the news breaks was thrilling. Remember this was coverage that was changed from a 11:30pm time slot mid week to a 10:55pm timeslot mid week without any advertising or promotion.

Everyone I have spoken to at work today stated that they wanted to watch the game but it was on too late and they couldn't stay up that long.

It will be interesting to see what ratings that Channel 7 Perth reaches this week when the game is shown live (only because it is on at 3pm local time). I would hazard a guess that it will be in excess of the 30,000 viewers that watched the game close to four hours delayed.

I, along with numerous other fans stated this opinion to Ray from Channel 7 during last week, along with some other suggestions on how they possibly might be able to show the rugby live on one of the other digital channels to no avail.

Channel 7 Perth continuously refuse to show the rugby live and until they do will continue to lose in the ratings because we as a state of growing rugby fans do not want to wait for a delayed telecast to see the outcome of these highly anticipated matches.

Regards

Peter

If Channel 7 really want to run an "experiment" they have to run in the most suited conditions to get the best result and reflect a true representation.

Oh yeh by the way, watched the game three times over the weekend (2 Fox, 1 Ch7) and was on the ege of my seat with my heart thumping in my chest from start to end.

Fantastic defence and lethal with the ball in hand, fast paced hard tackling pure adrenaline.

Go the Wallabies, bring back the Bled!

vCash
    Cheers Pistol, good repsonse- was wondering what sort of numbers they'd get and not at all surprised with the result. I was thinking about catching the replay, but as it turned out, was still celebrating at the Cas, imagine the same was true for many people- there's only a tiny sub-set of rugby fans that would have needed to watch the game, and even that would have been diminished due to the late time-slot change with no advertising of the fact.

If Channel 7 really want to run an "experiment" they have to run in the most suited conditions to get the best result and reflect a true representation.
    They have however managed to get a true representation of how many people will watch a rugby match, on 4 hour delay, without any advertising.

Last edited by Swee_82; 28-07-08 at 14:44.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
    If channel 7 wanted to run a worth while experiment I suggest substituting intelligent people for the pack of brainless invertebrates that normally run that station.

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Honestly, I don't think any experiment with the game time is going to change much. There couldn't be too many big Rugby fans out there without Foxtel, or at the very least consistent access to Foxtel (at the pub or a friends perhaps).

So right away, most fans have already ruled out watching the game on FTA. There is no way anyone with Foxtel would watch the "live" FTA coverage over the live Foxtel coverage.

Even if Channel 7 decided they would show every single Wallabies game live from now on I still doubt this would make a big change to the ratings. Because again, how big of a Rugby fan can you be if all you watch during the year is the 10 or so Wallaby matchs??? I think the only way to see a major change in their numbers would be to start showing some Super 14. This doesn't necessarily have to be live. But I think if they combined having all Wallaby games live and had say two Super 14 "games of the round" each week they would really start to see a change in their ratings. This would maybe be enough to stop people signing up for Foxtel strictly for the Rugby. It wouldn't stop the diehards who watch every game of Rugby there is. But for the casual fan, with a tight budget, it would be enough to give them their rugby fix.

Also, with less people signing up for Foxtel it would probably see an increase in the ratings for their other crappy programs on channel 7. I wonder if the people at the FTA networks have ever stopped to think about this or do they only care about the ratings for the one specific show. You may not get good ratings for the Rugby but if by showing it it stopped 100,000 people from getting Foxtel it might make up for the low ratings the Rugby gets.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    watching live sport on free to air tv is fast becoming a rarity.The paradox is the more people subscribe to pay tv,the fewer there are to view free to air,therefore lower ratings=less live coverage
    soon it will be live coverage on Fox
    no coverage on free to air
    suggest for the price of a couple of cartons a month all sports lovers should purchase pay tv

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast