Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Force v Stormers - live updates

vCash
    After having time to think about the game the other night, regardless of the score, you don't get up and leave the game early. I have never done this, even when the team is getting pumped.

Just a slight digression, so please bear with me. I attended the AFL grand final last year as a Port Adelaide member and sat through the worst performance that you could ever experience as a supporter. We got thrashed by 119pts, but every Port supporter at the game remained there until the final siren, then we all got up and left, shattered.

We all pay good money to watch the force live at Subi (It costs me at least $600 in airfares alone to come over from Whyalla), so at least have the decency to watch out the entire game. I am very jealous of those who have the chance to attend every homegame yet squander the priviledge by leaving early when your team needs you.

A rectangular stadium won't happen if the WA gov see force supporters walking out of games early when they are losing, they will question the need for the stadium and the passion of force supporters.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    'go the force' in your previous post you claimed Stannard had another poor performance in your esteemed view due to his defensive efforts. I say either you know little about the game or were drunk when you watched it.
    As for your much vaunted background of 1sts in W.A. Club Rugby and Whistleblower that obviously means a whole lot more to you than I, but explains much about your powers of observation.
    I too was at the game supporting the team , but don't see your small minded inaccurate attack on an individual as acceptable,and certainly not the actions of 'a supporter'
    I suggest you continue to blow the pea out of the whistle on the field and limit your comments here to constructive critique
    I'm in PERTH for a couple of more days ,send an email and I'll give you my contact details if you want to catch up.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by qld supporter View Post
    'go the force' in your previous post you claimed Stannard had another poor performance in your esteemed view due to his defensive efforts. I say either you know little about the game or were drunk when you watched it.
    As for your much vaunted background of 1sts in W.A. Club Rugby and Whistleblower that obviously means a whole lot more to you than I, but explains much about your powers of observation.
    I too was at the game supporting the team , but don't see your small minded inaccurate attack on an individual as acceptable,and certainly not the actions of 'a supporter'
    I suggest you continue to blow the pea out of the whistle on the field and limit your comments here to constructive critique
    I'm in PERTH for a couple of more days ,send an email and I'll give you my contact details if you want to catch up.
    Just maybe,you are too close to Stannard to be objective.we all are allowed to voice our opinions here,Gothe Force included.Denigrating WA club rugby hardly does your credibility justice.after all,james was playing it last year,so how are HIS powers of observation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by qld supporter View Post
    Like i said and what BG said, mate, we each have our opinions. So you think Stannard played well, good for you and i'm sure Stannard would love to buy you a drink. I'm sure you know more about rugby than anyone else here. As for me, i'd like to think i know quite a lot about rugby being a qualified ref and coach as well as a player. And i certainly wasnt drunk that night. In fact, i didnt touch the piss at all as i had a game on saturday arvo.
    In terms of my observation skills, i think that being a level 2 coach as well as to a lesser extent, a 1st grader, i'd need above average observation skills don't I? In case you aren't familiar with the whole system of the ARU coaching accreditation, us level 2 coaches, on top of having to do an exam and sitting a 3 day course, need to coach and document 60 hrs of coaching as well as be assessed by a Rubywa Assessor in conducting a session. So i think i do need some observation skills in this job. And in terms of being a first grader in WA club rugby, as BG said, Stannard himself played in Pally as a flyhalf. I'm sure he would know himself whether he has a good game or a bad one.
    And i've actually stopped referee-ing as i need to coach and play on saturdays which doesnt give me much time to ref. So that said, i'll have to disappoint you in not being able to keep blowing the pea out of my whistle. Many apologies.

I'm sure you support the force as well, EVEN THOUGH you're called 'Qld supporter'. But what makes you a better supporter than i am? What gives you the right to say other people do not support the force as much as you do?

And lastly, i personally feel, and many of the members here would agree, that this site lets us write our thoughts, comments and OPINIONS, and its up to you to agree or disagree. If coach and the others says we got to limit our comments to something constructive, then i think it wouldnt be as fun and popular as it is today.

Mate, i would really love to catch up with you, but unfortunately, some of us here do need to work. But i do hope you enjoy yourself in Perth. Its a beautiful city. And maybe while you're here, if you see some TWF members with a petition, remember to sign it! Cheers mate.

Last edited by gotheforce; 30-03-08 at 09:57.

vCash
    there were 21 other players that had an off night not just stannard

vCash
    And i totally agree with you.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    as would most spectators,including those of us who are not qualified to comment

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8