vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    You are a tool.
    You must be tough -- I reckon you could give a man a lethal blow

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i wouldn't have a curry cup team in there, The Baa-Baas would be a little hard as they who would be playing? and then also paying for them?

I think the Asian Sides, the winning premiership side, and the academy side would be the way to go.

So,
    • Rebels
    • Force
    • RWA premiership Winner (or perhaps Central Australia??)
    • Asia 1
    • Asia 2
    • Asia 3

Would be cool for a club to play towards a spot in an international competition...

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Also, with getting the grade comp together, you could also give each team a club, where they would train together, that way the boys get some really good training, and the international teams get some blokes to run against.

Such a venture would be better off looking toward South Australian and the Northen Territory instead of the likes of Japan and Singapore. The objective should be creating a competitive competition not a lopsided farce.Japan have their Top League and will likely be hesitant to enter such a venture considering distance. So the Black Falcons would be a better bet. As for Singapore. Earlier this year the NT Mozzies toweled their national side up quite significantly so they'd be a poor option. The Mozzies would provide stiffer opposition. The only real option from Asia would be Hong Kong.

RWA should go for it. Give it a couple of seasons and then combine it with the East Coast's option and all of a sudden we have a National Competition.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AC2089 View Post
    You must be tough -- I reckon you could give a man a lethal blow
    No I just thought calling you a tool was faster than explaining why your argument was a load of crap.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Veteran
    vCash
    No I just thought calling you a tool was faster than explaining why your argument was a load of crap.
    i actually agree on that one, though i asked the questions of him, though i have not had a response from him. if his numbers stack up, i will gladly eat my words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    A little precious aren't we.....btw, I'm easily found!
    Il bring the greasers you bring the socs and maybe at the end we can also compare dick sizes

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Il bring the greasers you bring the socs and maybe at the end we can also compare dick sizes
    one of your best TOCC

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    They don't call the Enforcer Ponyboy for nothing ...

... or maybe they do ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    You know its just not (cricket) rugby when someone starts teasing a Scotsman about the size of his "dick" not really very sporting of you TOCC - where else would TEF keep his spare pair of socks if not tucked down the side of his Sporran.

The personal insults are really quite sad and should be saved for more appropriate forums like the Colosseum.

We collectively as a group are much better then this - and follow members such as TOCC, The EnForcer and even Rex Messup who have all contributed fine opinions in the past deserve better treatment from all, if not, from each other.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    They don't call the Enforcer Ponyboy for nothing ...

... or maybe they do ...
    No, they call him Donkeyman. Things aren't looking good for TOCC....

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Prospect
    vCash
    Those who have missed out can wait, a while, its OK, its better to get comp tier 2 comp up and running and later start tot find funding to extend the tier 2 comp... it will help both the force and Rebels in the long run developing talent... It is expensive to fly team all the way to the west... and the Rebels really don't have an academy team at this time... I'd recommend go crazy supporting the Force for 2011.. and in 2012 who knows...

vCash
    RugbyWA have already spoken out about this and mentioned their willingness to base a team on the east coast if necessary.. this is not about the fans in the immediate sense its about developing depth...

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    No, they call him Donkeyman. Things aren't looking good for TOCC....

Forget TOCC, you boys are now being extremely disturbing......

Can we now please get ....

Just happy to be here

Apprentice
    vCash
    i actually agree on that one, though i asked the questions of him, though i have not had a response from him. if his numbers stack up, i will gladly eat my words.
    I couldn't be bothered doing an extensive search, but I think the figures from http://www.convictcreations.com/foot...ttlestats.html are indicative (2006 participation):

ACT & Southern NSW: 14,573
    New South Wales: 78,088
    Queensland: 50,805
    Western Australia: 14,471
    Victoria: 8,685
    Northern Territory: 2,257
    Tasmania: 3,383
    South Australia: 4,108

So NSW participation is nearly 5.5 times as large as WA. The intensity of competition amongst football codes is much higher in NSW and QLD. Given that, you do the maths on how much it costs to hold your ground or grow the game.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AC2089 View Post
    I couldn't be bothered doing an extensive search, but I think the figures from http://www.convictcreations.com/foot...ttlestats.html are indicative (2006 participation):

ACT & Southern NSW: 14,573
    New South Wales: 78,088
    Queensland: 50,805
    Western Australia: 14,471
    Victoria: 8,685
    Northern Territory: 2,257
    Tasmania: 3,383
    South Australia: 4,108

So NSW participation is nearly 5.5 times as large as WA. The intensity of competition amongst football codes is much higher in NSW and QLD. Given that, you do the maths on how much it costs to hold your ground or grow the game.
    Thank you AC,

well, i dont know about it being more intense over there, though the addition of league, could either enhance or hinder getting a set of rugby poles/correct shape field, not in WA. If that is the case, Victoria should be getting a lot more, they are addicted to AFL.

Ok, so NSW gets ~15 times as much as WA, mate, the numbers don't stack up, at all! i could understand them getting a bit more per capita, but fmd, it is three times per capita, it's a bit ridiculous. give us some more money and we can develop more players locally to insert into Australia playing stocks.

(fmd: something me dead)

Apprentice
    vCash
    well, i dont know about it being more intense over there, though the addition of league, could either enhance or hinder getting a set of rugby poles/correct shape field, not in WA. If that is the case, Victoria should be getting a lot more, they are addicted to AFL.
    I was actually talking about holding or growing your player numbers at all levels but what you mention is also a factor -- less open space, stupid rents on the available space, etc.

Competing against the AFL's $100M investment in Western Sydney, Gold Coast Suns etc, is the main issue.

NSW and QLD are f'in hopeless because they have for 100+ years been run by a bunch of self-serving amateurs. And just like the AFL is dominated by Melbourne thinking, so too is the ARU by Sydney thinking. RugbyWA is doing well at supporting itself. They're better off keeping the politics of the ARU at arms length and staying focussed on the job.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast