Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ioane stuns Force

vCash
    Good to have you along Ryder, i would be pretty disappointed if Mitch (coach) gauraunteed Cross and Mitchell starting positions, but i can't see any other reason why the best no.15 in the comp is on the wing, while stanners benches it for Cross, who has had more than his fair share of mediocrity this year, and still makes the team week in week out...
    But, as TiF said, we don't pick 'em...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder
    as for digby, well stanner's was thinking of going overseas b4 he decided he would actually stay.. problem with digby he actually thought stanner's was leaving so he did have a verbal agreement.. then to find out stanners resigned. the force commitee found about it and had a meeting with digby.. let's just say it didnt go to well.. and dont ask me how i know.. i just know, lol

Well thats sold it for me. That's as good as "Trust me!! Would a used car salesman lie to you??"

Apprentice
    vCash
    OK Ryder, I also think interesting theory, however, with him being uplifted and all with Force Programme, and with his last performance, dont you think just a matter of time he would have got what he wanted?

Prospect
    vCash
    let's just say im the fly on the wall when the meeting was on, lol.. anyways besides that digby thought really hard on the situation.. if sheppard was fit this week and the years coming are u seriously gonna drop stanner's an sheppard for digby? or even make room? it was his best interest to leave the club and for digby coming of the bench aint gonna cut it.. it's what's best for his rugby.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well wish him our best and we hope he goes out with a big game tomorrow night...and scores the last try to take up to a 45 point margin...then he'll get another game.....and who knows...maybe another.....

heres hoping...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Actually, if Digby'd stayed I would have thought it would be Cross and Pelesasa that would have been sweating with Staniforth looking over their shoulders - he's said in the past that it is the centres he aspires to and I doubt he would have signed for three years if the wing was the sum total of his prospects. He'll not likely be playing for the Wallabies there...

Anyway, I'm with Gerry, wish Digby well for the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the A's this year, at least. Hopefully he'll be one of the players leading a resurgence in the fortunes of the Reds next year.

Last edited by AndyS; 03-05-07 at 18:10.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    Well thats sold it for me. That's as good as "Trust me!! Would a used car salesman lie to you??"
    FT, ive got a 96 Corolla sedan, 130000 ks in good nick, whats it worth mate?
    Digby burn it up.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    To look into the future a little,we have 3 ist 5/8ths sitting on the sidelines

how do they feel?

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    I havent thought about that. Bloody good point BDGT

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It only takes a couple of injuries for those squad players to be getting ten matches.
    Have a look at Force '06 or Tahs & Reds '07.
    If you don't have the patience to pay your dues and learn from more experienced squad members then it is to your detriment in the long run as you won't be as good a player and you won't be in as good a team.
    Have a look at the Blues and especially the Crusaders, they have Squad players who are better than many starting Australian players yet generally they stay and pay their dues.
    The Reds will be a developmental side for the next three or four seasons where as the Force is destined to be a real contender for finals from now on for at least a few seasons.
    Sign of the times I guess, everyone is so impatient these days.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    It only takes a couple of injuries for those squad players to be getting ten matches.
    Have a look at Force '06 or Tahs & Reds '07.
    If you don't have the patience to pay your dues and learn from more experienced squad members then it is to your detriment in the long run as you won't be as good a player and you won't be in as good a team.
    100% agree. Look at players like Rua Tipoki (Crusaders - I hate the guy) and Adi Jacobs (Sharks) coming off the bench as inside centres. No one doubts their abilities and they are a sound insurance policy incase of injuries. Bench players often have longer careers and risk fewer injuries. There is nothing wrong with playing off the bench, especially in a quality team like the Force, so maybe Digby was being a little precious. Of course I don't know Digby personally and he might well have had family issues.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Burgs]The Reds will be a developmental side for the next three or four seasons where as the Force is destined to be a real contender for finals from now on for at least a few seasons.

That sounds like the talk coming out of the Waratahs last year, and look where they are this year. The dynamics of this comp can vary wildly year to year. You simply can't make predictions like this with any scientific basis. While the Reds are developmental, they also have enough class players to get near the semis next year if they can avoid the horrific injury toll of recent years.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    [QUOTE=tic]
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    The Reds will be a developmental side for the next three or four seasons where as the Force is destined to be a real contender for finals from now on for at least a few seasons.

That sounds like the talk coming out of the Waratahs last year, and look where they are this year. The dynamics of this comp can vary wildly year to year. You simply can't make predictions like this with any scientific basis. While the Reds are developmental, they also have enough class players to get near the semis next year if they can avoid the horrific injury toll of recent years.

I hope the Reds do do well next year. It would be great to see the Aussie teams at the top of the ladder....wel at least 3 of them anyway.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I don't think burgs was having a go at the reds, rather just refering to the fact that after a year like this one that rebuilding will be necessary to recreate that winning feeling in the reds camp...As they have blooded a lot of new faces this year, they now have a deeper pool of talent to choose from and mould into a formidable team, and as you have referred to previously, they have the makings of one of the strongest forward packs to come out of any Aussie team...
    As for his and my confidence in the Force and how we are going to perform next year, as a supporter we are naturally inclined to regard the future with rose coloured glasses, but given the performance of the Force since last year till now, one can only hope the next logical step will be finals football next year...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Tic, you really got to get the log of wood off your shoulder

As 100% born and bred Western Australian I have always regarded the Reds (and Queensland) my sporting team when there has been no WA equivalent and, apart from maybe a bit of tongue in cheek ribbing, want them to do well as soon as possible.
    If you stop taking your angry pills for a moment you will see that my posts have generally talked up the young Reds players who have been exposed over the '07 season and I have been more optimistic than most (including Queenslanders) about the Reds.
    My "estimate" of the three to four year window is taken from your very own Eddie Jones and supported in the media by the likes of Greg Martin, it isn't some magical notion that just popped into my head.
    In four years a Reds backline of 9. Genia, 10. Cooper, 11. Ioane, 12. Barnes, 13. Johansson, 14. C. Brown, 15. A. Brown (for example) behind a developing strong pack will be a contender and will be playing some very exciting Rugby.
    Next year will be about building on that promise.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast