Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Henjak/Sare Saga

vCash

Angry Henjak Saga

I can't help thinking there is a hidden agenda out there amongst the media, especially from across the Nullabor....
    It just wouldn't do for the Force to show up those other teams again this season, so they will drag up, and stir the muck, anyway they can to disrupt and disarm the Force.
    Innocent until proven guilty.!!!
    I applaud the South African game callers on Saturday..not once before, during or after the game was this boring saga mentioned. I am absolutely sure if the game callers were Australian, some snide remark would have been said everytime Henjak had the ball..!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Actually just once...something along the lines of:
    Commentator 1: "Henjak is a tough customer"
    Commentator 2: "So they tell me"

Positively restrained (and I couldn't say that, had the line been fed to me, I wouldn't have said something similar)

vCash
    Great detective work, Andy. Can't wait to compare the outcome of tomorrow's hearing against the punishment Dunning et al were given.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash

Angry Robbie Deans

I think Robbie Deans, should have been given a choice..the Wallabies or The Crusaders...In the present situation he has his cake and eating it....
    He should be focused on getting the Wallabies up and running for the comp's ahead....
    He's coaching the majority of the All Blacks line-up in the Super 14..then coaching the Wallabies a few weeks after to defeat the All Blacks & others ..Duh? How does that work..?
    Conflict of interest however way one looks at it...::

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I'd like to start this by stating that I'm not defending the actions of either player.

After reading through this whole drama I've noticed a huge wave of crap has been chucked at Henjak and he has been the guilty thug whilst Sare has been portrayed as the poor guy with the busted jaw.
    As soon as this story broke, it has been all Henjaks doing. From members of the public, the Press and up to the ARU boss calling for his head.

Here's the little thing I have been pondering.
    If,and just to repeat IFHenjak is cleared of this disaster and found to have been defending himself and Sares broken jaw was the result of a provoked situation.
    How many people will apologize to Henjak for what they have said??

Last edited by hertryk; 18-02-08 at 14:00. Reason: spelling mistake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    He's coaching the majority of the All Blacks line-up in the Super 14..then coaching the Wallabies a few weeks after to defeat the All Blacks & others ..Duh? How does that work..?
    Won't that just mean he will have a valuable insight on the weaknesses of the players?

vCash

the elephant man... quick get him a bag..

Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post

Anti - I understand where you are coming from. I am just as frustrated as you that our boys have landed themselves on the front cover of the paper for another off field indiscretion.
    look i think the punishment and the press etc is all irrelevant. i only commented in the first place as i was alarmed so many people here think breaking someones jaw is "self defence". and where is the mutilated face? a bit of a fat ear and some swelling? i was expecting loads of stitches and reconstructive surgery. maybe even a nose job? or at least a remidial hair cut??
    what are you lot going on about!!.. or are you angry people looking for a cheap excuse to vent some latent frustration?? sheesh!!!...

yes you Should be able to take steps to remove your self from a dangerous situation. but breaking someones jaw is assault, not self defence. "self defense" is fending off the other person and backing away so you don't get hurt..

i've been punched a few times in my very distant past. twice i fought back and both times a huge brawl ensued... on one occasion a man with a golden retriever and a stick was very up set with me after wards. he had a word in my shell like along the lines of "not retaliating".. and you know what? i think he was right. every other time i've been thumped there was only one punch thrown, no brawl at all and i got to use my "is that your best shot?" look.

so next time you come across someone who does not like the lip you are giving them or who's partner did not blow them properly that morning, think of that..

auss.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash

Self Defence

Look no one really knows the truth here except the EWF right. Everything has been kept close to their chests so as not to let the 'trial' be swayed by any external influence.

I believe someone way back in this thread mentioned it takes two to tango, and that is it! Yes someone did end up with a broken jaw, and i am not saying the whole situation is acceptable. I want people to realise there are two players here that should be looked at not just one.

Yes Jak has stated he has a problem, does take guts to come out and say that 9even if he was pushed to do it), but I think Sare does need to take some of the blame for this incident. Yes he does have the broken jaw, and it seems most people believe he is the victim because of his injury. I think, however, this little punch up wasn't a one way!

Now on to this self defence issue. Now self defence in laymans terms is defending oneself, thats it! If you are put in a situation where you are required to defend yourself and your need to choose, get smacked around the head by your attacker or lay the attacker oon the floor, the choice is simple lay the attacher on the floor.

Now again I don't know the full details, I am not sure anyone does. So I am making a few assumptions, but I am sure this wasn't and shouldnt be treated like a one way street!

Yes the incident was a terrible occurance, but it involved two players not one, both should be to blame, even if one player did come of worse. What would the story be like if it was Jak with his jaw broken??

Lets see how today plays out, see if anymore details are released to the public regarding the actual happenings at the Left Bank, and let the powers that be do their job and hopefully the rightout come is achieved for all involved!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    Anti perhaps that's the definition of 'self defense' but in this country it is 'self defence' and that carries a far different meaning at law and in society. So until you get a law degree and can prove to me otherwise we'll have to agree to disagree because i'm telling you now if anyone in this world tried to hurt me or anyone i cared about i would defend myself and them to the grave by any means i possess.

Last edited by Jehna; 19-02-08 at 17:49.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    And then get to roll the dice on judicial review as to whether the amount of force used was "reasonable"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    because i'm telling you now if anyone in this world tried to hurt me or anyone i cared about i would defend myself and them to the grave by any means i possess.
    It sounds like you'd be a perfect character in a Steven Segal-esque action movie.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    My God, what a bunch of judgmental types we are today!

We should all apply for a position on the bench. Have gavel, will travel..

vCash
    what time is thr trial on today any of you Judges know?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    4pm

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash

better stones..

Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    My God, what a bunch of judgmental types we are today!

We should all apply for a position on the bench. Have gavel, will travel..
    i believe you can get better results with railway ballast fulvio LMAO...

actualy... i only post in the boxing forums because when i post in the rugby ones no one is there to read them..

auss.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash

the red square??

hey...??
    if i get a couple more groans, will i get another little red square under my avatar?? and how many does it take to make red purple...

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast