Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Rebels -v- Western Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Will someone please show Sheehan a video of Gregan playing scrum-half? I love Sheehan, he's a gutsy player and works really hard, but who taught him to crab sideways prior to passing? A great scrum-half will pass off the base of the ruck. This gives his team the ball with the defence stuck behind the front of the ruck, and it's easy to get to the gain-line. Sheehan's sideways crabbing gives the defence the chance to come up and dominate the gain-line.
    George Gregan could have taught him this!

It is quite striking that, when the starting #9 is replaced, the speed of delivery from scrum base to inside back seems to be faster. If you troll through early posts you will find complaints about Henjak's slow delivery in comparison to O'Young's when he came on for the last 10-15.

There were similar thoughts/complaints about Gregan when playing for the . I think it might be just the perception, or maybe the 20 comes on and needs to show that he should be 9.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Mafi getting pinged after Harry Highpants Huxley takes a dive, where we would've had a good attacking position with a few minutes left.
    Maybe but what the hell was Mafi doing following through like that anyway?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I think that we need to give the following backline a go.

9. Stannard
    10. Harvey
    11. Nalaga/Wara
    12. Seymour
    13. Delitt
    14. Cummins
    15. Shepard/ Mafi

everyone on here seems to agree that this should be the backline but it won't happen. Graham will stick with the same failed combinations.

There is no way a team should lose with such a dominant display in the forwards and 60% plus possession or whatever we have.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    There is no way a team should lose with such a dominant display in the forwards and 60% plus possession or whatever we have.
    EVERY GODDAMN WEEK!!!

Please Poey don't go! Even though we waste your hard won turnovers and tight possession!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Maybe but what the hell was Mafi doing following through like that anyway?
    My recollection is that Mafi was pulling up, rather than following through. It was something that happens a dozen times a game, and nothing that would've knocked him over, but this time Huxley took a soccer dive.

Veteran
    vCash
    nah, he took him out on purpose, happened right in front of us. silly thing to do really.

Veteran
    vCash
    Well just watched the game on my flight to work, after watching it at the ground.

WAY WAY too much kicking. I see everyones thoughts about the kicking. Too much! and for woody to say that it needs ot be done more and at the start of the phase play?? Crazy! why give the ball to the opposition when our broken play defense is rubbish.

pocock is a legend. WOW!
    and of course hodgo.

im not sure how pocock didn't get MOM btw, he absolutely ruled at the breakdown, and only got penalised when he was in the right to pilfer.

Longbottom, standout game, he was everywhere and very athletic.

Cheese also plays well, quite quick and gets around the field great. needs to shut up a little bit more.

sheehan's passes were a little too high, i'd much prefer to see stannard in at 9, and harvey or seymore in at 10 at the moment. then shets on the bench

Lynn is a solid pickup

Alfie and Topou both let in tries with bad drift defence.

Cummins also let in two with being beaten on the outside, his job is to be able to cover one player, and also able to get the guys that are on the outside of him.

It was nice to see some runs at angles with decoy that lead to tries! amazing!

well, lets smash the reds!

Player
    vCash
    reds are vulnerable more than any other time in last two years
    now's the chance boys, make it count
    couple less mistakes, more effective 1st up tackling, limit kicking, more passing and running
    easy isn't it everyone, yeah right...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I would've said last week they were at their most vulnerable. Teams get pissed off when they lose by 50 points. Not something you typically see two weeks in a row.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I'm of the same mind James. They are going to come
    Out swinging
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    anyone else think Cottrell got subbed too early last week? Brown did ok but Cottrell was dominating and should have played 50-60 not 40. There was one play where he hammered the fullback and pilfered the ball which was pocockesque. Knowing Graham he will bring Brown back into the starting side, chuck McCalman on the bench and dump Cottrell. Speaking of, when is McCalman back? We have so many quality forwards and no backs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    anyone else think Cottrell got subbed too early last week? Brown did ok but Cottrell was dominating and should have played 50-60 not 40. There was one play where he hammered the fullback and pilfered the ball which was pocockesque. Knowing Graham he will bring Brown back into the starting side, chuck McCalman on the bench and dump Cottrell. Speaking of, when is McCalman back? We have so many quality forwards and no backs!
    Just read this in the West: (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...g-line-horwill)

The Force, beaten 30-29 by Melbourne Rebels last week, were dealt a further blow on the injury front when scrumhalf Justin Turner was ruled out for up to eight weeks with a knee injury.
    Fijian winger Napolioni Nalaga (ankle) is expected to miss his third match on the trot, but flanker Ben McCalman (shoulder), utility back Pat Dellit (leg) and full-back Cameron Shepherd (leg) will try to prove their fitness at training this week.

vCash
    I'm sorry to say this but I think JT's a bit of a dud too - injury-wise that is.

vCash
    In order to try and keep as many back-rowers on the field as possible, how about playing Hodgo at 12? He's a good ball carrier, excellent in defense and offers Robbie Deans an upgrade over McCabe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    In order to try and keep as many back-rowers on the field as possible, how about playing Hodgo at 12? He's a good ball carrier, excellent in defense and offers Robbie Deans an upgrade over McCabe!
    No chance, he's more mobile than McCabe, has a better defensive game, is faster and knows not to run into contact chin high.

He's also better looking, more intelligent and his dad's tougher than McCabe's dad.

C'mon the

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast