Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: James O'Connor Fights to keep James O'Connor at the Force!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Not sure if we made the point clear Coach?
    It wasn't a point, it's a comma

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    As long as it wasn't a colon...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    O'Connor close to deciding Super future
    May 31, 2009 - 7:52PM

Hot property James O'Connor says he's "pretty close" to deciding his future as he prepares to try to cement a position as the Wallabies fullback.

The Western Force utility back is keen to discard that tag and nail down the No.15 spot heading into the Wallabies 2009 program, which starts next Saturday against the Barbarians in Sydney.

Wallabies coach Robbie Deans said on Sunday that 18-year-old O'Connor's first opportunity this year will come at fullback, where he made his sole Test appearance against Italy last year.

With most if not all of the Australian Super franchises vying for his signature, O'Connor suggested his decision was imminent.

"I had a week off and spent time with my family on the Gold Coast pondering the decision, so it's getting close," O'Connor said on Sunday.

While the gifted teenager should be able to command a large salary, O'Connor said his decision would be one based on rugby.

"Where I am going to be developed best, I want to play in the (2011) Rugby World Cup, wherever I think I'm going to improve most and keep learning that will be the deciding factor," O'Connor said.

While the Force had used him primarily at inside centre this year, O'Connor said he had played a fair bit in defence at fullback during the recently concluded Super campaign.

"The way I play at 15, or like to play at 15, is pretty much how I play at inside centre, just come in as that second ball player and just getting involved as much as possible," O'Connor said.

"I think hopefully the transition won't be too hard if I'm given a run at fullback.

"I don't want to get myself involved in that role as a utility. I guess it's good for being selected in teams, but I really want to seal a position soon and have a crack at that and see how I go."

O'Connor said he was looking to join a club in the Sydney competition so he would have somewhere to play if not selected for Australia.

He didn't rule out remaining with the Force even though speculation has suggested he would definitely leave the Perth-based franchise.

"I'm enjoying it at the Force, I love it over there and I love the lifestyle.

"I've seen so much development in myself as a rugby player, so I definitely won't be ruling them out," O'Connor said.

One potential home for O'Connor is the Brumbies, where fellow Force team-mate Josh Valentine and Matt Giteau are headed.

Asked whether he would be speaking to O'Connor about joining the Canberra-based side, Brumbies stalwart and Wallabies skipper Stirling Mortlock joked "that could be number one on my list of things to do".

"I think Matty Giteau has already been doing that for us," he said.

© 2009 AAP

http://news.rugbyheaven.com.au/break...0531-brmw.html

Champion
    vCash

Interesting reading

Meanwhile, James O'Connor is all but a certainty to leave Western Australian for the Waratahs or Brumbies next season after approaching Sydney Premier Rugby club Randwick for a Shute Shield contract, effective immediately.

Part of Robbie Deans's 29-man Wallabies squad, O'Connor is believed to be seeking permanent accommodation on the eastern beaches, adding to speculation he may join the Waratahs to team with Wallabies backline stars Lote Tuqiri, Timana Taha, Drew Mitchell, Luke Burgess and Lachie Turner.

Force team-mate and Wallabies flanker David Pocock is also looking to move to Sydney, at least for the Super 14 off-season.

The talented No.7 is close to terms with the Galloping Greens. He has one more season to run on his two-year deal with the Force in Perth. Randwick are confident of snaring his signature during the week when he arrives in Sydney to join the Wallabies camp. If he does so is likely to join Elsom and other rugby stars at a Gallopping Greens' luncheon on Friday.

FA come on pull some strings to keep some talent here!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    say what?
    as much as i want players to stay here longer than one contract season, i cant decide their futures for them!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Meanwhile, James O'Connor is all but a certainty to leave Western Australian for the Waratahs or Brumbies next season after approaching Sydney Premier Rugby club Randwick for a Shute Shield contract, effective immediately.

Part of Robbie Deans's 29-man Wallabies squad, O'Connor is believed to be seeking permanent accommodation on the eastern beaches, adding to speculation he may join the Waratahs to team with Wallabies backline stars Lote Tuqiri, Timana Taha, Drew Mitchell, Luke Burgess and Lachie Turner.

Force team-mate and Wallabies flanker David Pocock is also looking to move to Sydney, at least for the Super 14 off-season.

The talented No.7 is close to terms with the Galloping Greens. He has one more season to run on his two-year deal with the Force in Perth. Randwick are confident of snaring his signature during the week when he arrives in Sydney to join the Wallabies camp. If he does so is likely to join Elsom and other rugby stars at a Gallopping Greens' luncheon on Friday.

Shit, I guess that means we'll be losing David Pocock, Matt Hodgson and Richard Brown next year as well, They've all had a look at Sydney clubs since their Wallaby Careers have taken off.

What's more worrying is the fact that the entire Western Force team (not sure if this includes the mighty K-Bomb) have looked at the Sydeny club scene for playing time....It appears we won't have a team at all next year, the sky is falling the sky is falling!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    gigs20 exactly I am gutted that the western force is being used as a TAFE college up and coming talent. We need comittment for a few years to build a team that will beat those bloody Yarpies.

Sharpie u r a real credit to EWF when u retire start coaching and teach these young glamour boys about comittment

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    say what?
    as much as i want players to stay here longer than one contract season, i cant decide their futures for them!
    U influenced Browny I am sure !! Pull some strings FA we need JOC to stay - leave it up to u

vCash
    Ummm Bill, I was taking the piss, Rabbit's looking for a Sydney club contract like every other Force player, because they're either from there, or part of the Wallabies set up......I mentioned some names there who have barely got dry ink on their new contracts and then put a shock smiley on to emphasize the point.......sorry you missed it. I was trying to say that Rabbit signing with Randwick has absolutely nothing to do with where he plays Super 14, The Brumbies play Shute Shield, the Force play Shute Shield, the 'Tahs play Shute SHield, hell there's probably some Reds that play SHute Shield..BFD!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Yeh I guess I am being protective of our talent which we have developed. All about professional sport

vCash
    Sounding like Jo"C going to wait and see how he goes at fullback before finalising his future provincial agreement.... He wants a RWC starting jersey and the 15 is a chance... in Deans eyes...

Champion
    vCash
    JOC is pretty cocky about all this aye.........Gits influence. I hope he wont spit the dummy when he gets dropped for the Tri Nations

vCash
    I think JO'C is just young and cocky... I guess he needs to be.... but all players have good and poor spells, JO'Cs time with each will come and he'll become a little more modest... He just hungry for that starting opportunity come Saturday night. I hope he does well.

Nevertheless he does realise he needs to learn to become a better professional players…

vCash
    JOC is pretty cocky about all this aye.........Gits influence. I hope he wont spit the dummy when he gets dropped for the Tri Nations
    Everything I have heard suggests that Rabbit was a confident young lad before Gits even met him!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The Brumbies play Shute Shield,
    Really? I could have sworn I've seen plenty of posts here lumping in the ACT premier grade with Sydney & Brisbane firsts standard. Don't say someone's been bullshitting us.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Isn't George Smith still contracted to Randwick or Woodies?

Something like that!

C'mon the

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast