Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Build a rectangular stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    So where si the task force?

Who are they and wanted have they been doing for the last 12 months?
    Despite this advice from Rugby WA, the taskforce concluded in their final report that a retangular stadium would not be self-sufficient, and therefore the retangular component of the two-stadium policy would remain Members' Equity.
    For mine, this is THE biggest stumbling block we're gonna hit- in the eyes of the people who wrote the report, 20,000 rugby and soccer supporters jsut don't count.
    I wonder if there is any leverage in the push for the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals- would a 35000 stadium cut it for pool games (I'm assuming there wouldn't be much finals action coming our way), or would they need the 60000 seats anyway. The way I see it, the rectangular stadium would obviously be better viewing, but if they needed the maximum seats, they'd just run with the multi-purpose thing.I don't follow the soccer all that much, so I don't know what a typical crowd at a world cup pool game would be like.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Swee_82; 25-02-08 at 07:45. Reason: Could imagine my old English teacher chastising me for using the word 'anyway' 3 times in one sentence.

vCash
    I myself would think that a 35000-40000 seated stadium would be more than enough for a pool match at the FWC. But then again i could be wrong. My point has always been that a oval, "multi-purpose" stadium, is just not adequate for any rectangular sporting code. The crowd is just so damn far from the action, would be better watching it from a nice big TV at home if you ask me. There just wouldn't be the right atmosphere! Since the Australian government is getting behind this FWC bid doesn't that mean there would be funding our state government could grab to build a rectangular stadium? If the bid is successful of course!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    the paper said yesterday that if we got the world cup, it would be unlikley that we woule receive any socceroos games in perth regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    How can they demand world class facilities for a game that is only played in Australia while the Force that are part of a much bigger thing must be happy to practice at Floreat Rugby Park. Rugby will be the dominating sport in Western Australia before 2010!
    The problem with Aussie Rules in WA, and in general is that they believe they are the worlds greatest sport....but it's just that no one in the world knows about it yet...and the basis of the WAFC supporting this new stadium is that they will be financially supported to basically keep them as the number 1 sport in WA, they are basically asking our tax payers dollars to keep soccer and rugby of thier backs....let them rot in Subi I say...

vCash
    Couldn't have put it better

vCash
    agreed.
    i dont see why there getting a new stadium when the one they have as adequate for the time being.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    The problem with Aussie Rules in WA, and in general is that they believe they are the worlds greatest sport.......
    World famous in Australia ONLY!!!!!!

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    AFL are a bunch of selfish twats. They know their game is under threat from both Rugby and Football.

The greatest honor to me in sport isn't winning premierships with a club (don't get me wrong i consider that to be a big thing). But i hold the honor of pulling on a national jumper, coat of arms over your heart, singing the national anthem 10 times higher.

I might not be good enough to play for my country at anything but i respect anyone who does it (i dont neccesarily like them).

Can you do that in AFL? No. Whats the best they can hope for? Being named in the All Australian side. Wow being NAMED in a side that doesn't compete against anyone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5